1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. The pants are cotton/linen so I wanted to keep it vaguely lightish since the blazer is linen as well, but my pants game is definitely my weakest link.

Yeah I figured the cuffing would be a failure especially with the overlong sleeves, but some cuffing is necessary since the pants are imo too cheap to hem. Would tailoring the blazer's sleeves work at all?

Sadly I blew my monetary wad or I'd probably remedy the pants problem by way of Atelier's impending demise.

As for pose, I'm definitely the sort of person that will purposefully stand too straight and too still to make others feel slightly uncomfortable ;p But maybe your slouchy feedback will work its way into my subconscious and I'll loosen up ;p

2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I dig the blazer. Reminds me of something Damir would do, except the cut is actually good. Sleeves are slim enough that the longer length looks fine. Red tee also works really well with errything else. Pants aren't bad, but I agree with spope that they drape a little wonkily and the cuff is kinda clunky (though I have a feeling with a different angle and lighting situation they'd look cool and you'd get uber thumbs). I'd either stack em or go for some other tapered black trousers instead

1 person likes this.
  3. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

4. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

5. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Slim Mad Max :slayer:

3 people like this.
  6. Bam!ChairDance

afixedpoint's fit might be the only time a waywt has ever benefitted from the low angle. Sick

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

So, yesterday my girlfriend tells me that she has a surprise. Won't say anything else, just tells me to 'dress weird,' which I guess is how I look half the time anyway. So I show up, she starts driving us somewhere, and I have no idea where. Can't figure it - even when we end up at an event center I have no idea what we're doing...until I see hordes of people wearing NIN tees.

So rad.

[​IMG]

bottom to top: Ann, Plokhov, ROx2...Engineered Garments

Concert was awesome. I am not a concert goer (I've been to maybe three?), which made it really exciting for me, and I had an unbelievably good time. What I found most noticeable was how insanely friendly every single person we dealt with was, whether it was the staffers, the parking attendants, the firemen, or the crowd. Imagine the most stereotypical NIN fan you possibly can, and they were all there - but so were kids, grandmas, goth queens, hippies, and everyone else. Not a single person was anything other than unfailingly polite, and no one looked twice at anyone else, regardless of platform wedges, leather bodysuits, chained piercings...or giant white boots (unlike when you're, say, shopping in Anthropologie). What a great experience.

They played a lot of great music. Explosions in the Sky opened, who I like, but it was the wrong crowd and the wrong venue, which was too bad. I don't think I could pick a favorite moment. At first I would have said "Terrible Lie," which they played early on, but then they played "Survivalism," which was absolutely perfect, and then they played "Wish" and everyone get to yell 'fist fuck' as loudly as possible. But I'm not sure that you can top thousands of voices, all crying out at once: "head like a hole!"

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    54 people like this.
  8. Teger

Teger Senior member

alden dovers in snuff suede

2 people like this.
  9. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

By just reading the first lines and looking at the pic, I thought your girl had bought a couple of motorcycles for you two to go on a ride..

11 people like this.
  10. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

[​IMG]

Detail shot

[​IMG]

Schneider Bee
    Peir Wu: applicated scarf, flannel trousers
    7...thermal
    AA Tee
    Marsell boots

I guess I'll join Friday scarf challenge.

69 people like this.
  11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

That's all she wrote folks. GG.

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I guarantee El Bert is the best dressed dude within a 50 mile radius of his mysterious coastal hideaway.

5 people like this.
  13. Bam!ChairDance

i hope you crossposted this to the incongruous challenge. pairing the eg with the ann is so wrong but so right

1 person likes this.
  14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Oh, giant faces.

"Reading" "comprehension." :embar:

2 people like this.
  16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Wrong thread. Your post in Ask a Question was sufficient. I can't believe I googled it, but it looks terrible. Like some bootleg Diamond Supply Co.

3 people like this.
  17. Cupboardy

Cupboardy New Member

In what way is it terrible though, is it the clothing or the website design?

18. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Funny thing is I didn't even know where I was going I took this road into the hills and I ended up turning around because I thought id end up on the other side of the Bay Area. Pretty sketchy narrow road that's travels right next to Tunitas creek.

I want to do Synthese challenge.

19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

20. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I think it's Pescadero area that's where I was going I stopped at this place that was selling there own honey and produce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.