• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Twork, love that! It's interesting how you mix ol with yohji. I never would have put them together. Maybe some old dries could work too? :)
Did you end up going to the tailor, btw?

Thanks! I think OL dress shirts work well with yohji b/c they are quite long and loose at the bottom, but narrow at the shoulders. They create kind of a triangular shape up top that works well with loose bottoms if that makes sense (as opposed to boxy like EG, or slim like Margiela)

I haven't been to that tailor yet, but I might have her hem those yohji pants come spring...

which ol is this? how did you size? looks surprisingly relaxed (in a good way) for an ol blazer. this is dope though, really love where your fits are headed.

OL blazer is the constellation blazer from this past spring/summer. I think you had one right? I sized up on it because I wanted the extra jacket length. If there's one thing I'm incredibly picky about it's jacket length, which can be annoying since most SWD stuff is cut so short nowadays. It might also look slouchier because I also have my pants hiked way up :)

Examples of chunkier boots?
EDITED FOR POLITENESS: Please and thank you

Something with a slightly thicker sole would be my preference.
That's not exactly what I have in mind, but hopefully you get the idea. I still think that's my favorite look you've posted though man!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
no need for fancy cameras, just more light and proper use of the focus button.

:happy:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re chunkier boots: Commando, wedge, lug are some examples

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

I have a theory that if folks like Regis, mikey, and reedo acquired high-class cameras and added some lifestyle ****, their fits would probably get a ton more love.

I already question why I put up pics, the notion of using a better camera....finding a spot....setting it up....making sure my **** looks good.....taking various pictures...choosing the best one...or taking a video of it, seems too much to me. I do two pics with the iPhone when I'm out the door and done. It's no secret that I don't care about "thumbs ups" I do it cause I appreciate some feedback (even though I have found my niche), its mostly just the name at the corner that gets the thumbs up in my opinion

My lifestyles are with better cameras, but they just mostly perpetuate the notion that I am a pretty boy, caribbean traveling, beach loving, too much Margiela havin', superior blood Latino, contrarian of most SF hyped ****....Dentist, that just rubs some the wrong way (or used to) cause I am not so much of a dick now cluttering up threads calling out other dicks :embar:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My life style pics would be of my room, the library, starbucks, and stacks of books and notes :nodding:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh yea I guess I could put more effort into my fits, but I sorta want to wait until I feel like they're actually something special, more than just an outfit for a day, ya know?

Once I round out my wardrobe a bit more, I may start taking proper shots

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My point isn't that anyone should start using high-quality cameras, or choosing the perfect sunset scenery as a backdrop for their wayw, or take pictures of every "cool" thing that they do in a given day/week/whatever. I just meant to say that the fits some people post (e.g. yourself and the others I'd mentioned by name) would probably receive significantly more positive feedback since those fits are already so good. And I didn't imply that anyone's objective was that very (positive) feedback; I simply suggested that these are the kinds of fits that would garner tremendous appreciation if they were better represented. Not trying to prescribe anything to anyone, just wanted to state how much I liked certain fits whose photographic representation leaves them rather understated.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My point isn't that anyone should start using high-quality cameras, or choosing the perfect sunset scenery as a backdrop for their wayw, or take pictures of every "cool" thing that they do in a given day/week/whatever. I just meant to say that the fits some people post (e.g. yourself and the others I'd mentioned by name) would probably receive significantly more positive feedback since those fits are already so good. And I didn't imply that anyone's objective was that very (positive) feedback; I simply suggested that these are the kinds of fits that would garner tremendous appreciation if they were better represented. Not trying to prescribe anything to anyone, just wanted to state how much I liked certain fits whose photographic representation leaves them rather understated.
Simply put, to "get" an outfit and appreciate it you have to be able to see the outfit as a whole.

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the current level of nonchalance of my fit pics adequate. Wouldn't want ppl to think I care too much.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
BUT THEY COME WITH THE MAGICAL SAUCE YOU SEE BEFORE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads