The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^^^ I think it looks pretty good. Everything fits.
    Prolly coz the dude has no arse and a long torso? I think it looks good but i see what your saying, its the "hipster" skinny jeans look. Difference is his looks good and hes not wearing kmart jeans.
    o yeah, it's definitely a good fit and a lot of the guys here go for that style. just personally i'm not into the fit of the jeans and the proportions they give. but yeah, heaps of people are.

2. spenser

spenser Active Member

Maybe it's just because I have a shorter torso (mom always told me I was "long-waisted") but isn't it usually a good thing to make your torso look longer? I mean unless you're legs are really short. It seems like most of the models I see on sites have longer torsos.

3. APK

APK Senior member

this is why i'm not a big fan of the dior cut/slouched jeans in general. Makes it look like you have no ass at all, and a really long torso.
    I'd put money on me being the exception to this statement.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

still has a skeletal feel to it

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

still has a skeletal feel to it

+1 the more i look at the slouch the more it comes off that way. The silhouette is already really slim/skinny, and now it looks like it's falling off you.

Is that a general cut issue or could it be fixed by a belt?

6. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

this is why i'm not a big fan of the dior cut/slouched jeans in general. Makes it look like you have no ass at all, and a really long torso.

Either way it's a very SF approved fit.

Au contriare my good man. Dior accentuates the posterior with its 'puckered up' fit that contours with the backside and tapers down just after it - that is, above the skinny legs it has a little more fabric in the backside shaped to snuggily accomodate the booty. It is unlike other skinny jeans (nudie for e.g.) which have no real taper or accomodation for the backside, and are just really skinny from top to bottom - which is why many people sag nudies and the like and why you probably shouldn't sag your diors.

I don't doubt that if this fine lad were to wear any other jeans his glutious maximus would either be lost in the vacuous depths of bagginess or strangled like a tied pork roast.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Au contriare my good man. Dior accentuates the posterior with its 'puckered up' fit that contours with the backside and tapers down just after it - that is, above the skinny legs it has a little more fabric in the backside shaped to snuggily accomodate the booty. It is unlike other skinny jeans (nudie for e.g.) which have no real taper or accomodation for the backside, and are just really skinny from top to bottom - which is why many people sag nudies and the like and why you probably shouldn't sag your diors.

I don't quite agree with this.

The 19cm cut i believe has an extremely oversized waistband, which makes me think that it's meant to be sagged (i know could be vanity sized, but then the rest of the measurements don't make sense). If you wore it at your waist (i.e. size down a lot), it'd be too tight at the top of the thigh.

The looseness of the top block is to me what makes the ass disappear. Also that the sagging causes the pockets to be low.

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I'd put money on me being the exception to this statement.
    haha that's the thing about slouching. If you have a booty, it makes it look fat (me). If you have a small ass, it makes it look like you don't have one.

It does look cool on some people though.

Maybe it's just because I have a shorter torso (mom always told me I was "long-waisted") but isn't it usually a good thing to make your torso look longer? I mean unless you're legs are really short. It seems like most of the models I see on sites have longer torsos.

I like it the other way around. Try to shorten the torso with cropped moto jackets or something, I like the 50s style proportions.

But it's really no big deal man, i was just commenting on my preferences.

10. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

There's always a debate about how to size them and as you say that will affect the looseness of the top block. Though if you are to go by the generally accepted method you would size down 1-2 sizes depending on how loose they are TTS. This gives the common dior sillouette on skinny guys but may not be apt for the more muscular types and I think this is where the debate arises.

As for sagging, I personally don't believe they were intended to be sagged because if they were, why would so much effort be put into making the jeans contour the backside so nicely? Though I (as many would) have seen them sagged well, so there's an element of personal preference to consider.

11. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

lazy day

ervell linen shirt
    y's for men (olive tag) cotton/rayon pants
    marimekko tote
    muij sneaks

the pants are incredibly soft and light weight, classic yohji shape (huge waist with drawstring), piping on the sides and a very suble irregular striped pattern that my camera apparently can't pick up on.

Fucking brilliant. I wasn't a fan of your last look (the baseball pants were[​IMG]), but this is great slouchiness.

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

There's always a debate about how to size them and as you say that will affect the looseness of the top block. Though if you are to go by the generally accepted method you would size down 1-2 sizes depending on how loose they are TTS. Sizing down like this means you won't have looseness in the top block and you end up with that common Dior form-fitting sillouette that can be seen in Pat's waywt.

As for sagging, I personally don't believe they were intended to be sagged because if they were, why would so much effort be put into making the jeans contour the backside so nicely? Though I (as many would) have seen them sagged well, so there's an element of personal preference to consider.

Pat is sagging them!

He probably sized down in them a little bit, and they're still loosish in the top block hence he's able to sag them.

He's probably getting sick of us talking about his ass now...

13. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Hm, you're right, he is slightly sagging them. Though I think it works because it perfectly halves his sillouette much like a suit jacket. Plus it can't be too great a sag as the pockets are still on his backside. I think this is an ideal way to wear them (note: not the only way).

14. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

SQ4U - Dug the controversial Lanvin post and thought your last was dope as well, in spite of the burrito sitting in the bottom of your stomach.

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

That guy's stuff fits well. He's a skinny guy and a side view like that will always show that more. If he was facing the front it'd look different. If you're long and slender, that's how stuff works. If he was 20lbs more wearing the same stuff it'd be a different look. Diors also stretch a bit and fit better after more wear. Looks fine, everything fits well and he's a good looking dude. If a guy is skinny and doesn't have an ass, should he wear ass padding or something? Don't know why some people find the stupidest shit to whine about when the people complaining still have shit of their own to work on. I think some of you guys are jealous or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.