• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kitchenaid is is like a shot antelope, it's on its last leg and needs to be put out of its misery soon. The first collections were OK, but then they stopped hand beveling their carousels (to save money? beats me). And the plastic quality has gone down significantly. Rumor has it that Sandro Kitchenaid doesn't even design for the label anymore.
Luckily I have a guy in SoHo make all my microwaves for me. He hand carves the buttons and everything.

True, but at sale prices quality still can't be beat. Those SoHo indie guys know they can charge a redic premium. The 2k difference is not a 2k difference. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. And you just know whenever they make some really fugly ass piece its going to get way more respect and a higher price tag just because it hasnt become the bandwagon yet.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soccer kit
usJwR.jpg
OhEuY.jpg

I wanna be like NOBD when I grow up
drool.gif

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Imyouricecreamman, I'm a moderator at the Microwave Forum, so I can safely say you need to step up your microwave game asap. The wattage, wavelength, and grade of plastic are way off on that particular model. I'm not even sure it has a beveled carousel, which is a necessity if you're even considering becoming a microwave enthusiast. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the pegs holding up that microwave are made from Taiwanese silicone. You really need Peruvian silicone if you're looking for quality. PM me and I'll set you straight.

miran?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried something slightly different

More pics

Brandz
Brato jacket
Oak hoodie
Edun T-shirt
Uncondiitional sweats
BB sneakers

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought grails were just an item that you really wanted. None of the items I really want are particularily rare. Most of the rare stuff is unwearable for me/don't want to go to all the work to make it wearable :)
I guez i haz no grailz :embar:
Also, n00b question but how do I delete a post?

A grail is by definition something that is difficult to procure.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Find me an oxidized shirt in S/M then you can take it off the grail list, you smartass

dfdfd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had a Styleforum X Real-life day yesterday, I will share here.

I went to a reunion / meet-and-greet / let's get together and pretend we rule the universe event, at a very exclusive club. Since American Pyscho is the official movie of styleforum, think of what they behaved like in the restaurant scene at the start, or in the lobby lounge talking about girls shutting up (when Bateman mentions the Wisconsin axe-murderer or something like that).

I am a humble creature with heart and soul, so I don't particularly relish these events, but one is duty-bound to put on a brave face.

First, I need to deck out (MC) and I do. Zegna Trofeo suit....Zilli tie....Brioni shirt...Brioni belt...Brioni socks...Lobb shoes....all matched to CDHagg levels of obsessiveness but without the Mr Moo ridiculously-over-the-top vulgarian nouveau-riche buffonishness.

I go, park my car and get out and walk towards the building.

Just like in American Psycho, there is a homeless-guy sitting on a park bench, with his beautiful German Shepherd. As I walk by, he says "You look nice!!" with a big smile.
Do I pull a Patrick Bateman, tell him to get a job, stab him, and trample his dog to death? No! Even with my former full styleforum membership, I don't. I just say "Thank you!" and he gives me a big hearty friendly laugh!
People gaze admiringly at you all the time...women, ugly women, guys, ********, CDHagg-like creatures....but it's aheartwarming when a shabby hobo with a gorgeous dog compliments you.

Next, the event...and it is American Psycho businesscard fest with the vengeance.
Because it was sponsored by a foreign company, there were shitloads of Euros there, and they tended to stick together. I venture out to meet the Americans.

I nearly fainted! THERE WAS A STANLEY VAN BUREN THERE!! A gentleman who looked EXACTLY like Stanley van Buren. I wish I could post a picture, maybe I'll post his linkedin photo to prove my point. We do similar work, so he started talking in depth, all smiles and friendliness. But I couldn't pay attention to anything he was saying, it was so eerie seeing Stanley van Buren staring at you in real-life. I had to bite my tongue to stop laughing...who wouldn't want to start laughing at Stanley van Buren if they ever met Stanley van Buren! He even had a Stanley van Buren style of dressing, maybe it's an American thing. A Stanley van Buren physique, and Stanley van Buren way of standing...even when holding a glass. Perhaps he was thinning a bit more on top than Stanley van Buren. I had to be careful not to call him Stanley accidentally.

Anyways, I left a little earlier than the rest....these events are not my cup of tea. I went home and we made late-night pork and clams a la Alentejana....which I think Eason posted a photo eating in Macao for his birthday earlier! The catering at the event was great...port and single malts were superb...but I prefer our home-made soul food.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A grail is by definition something that is difficult to procure.

Got it :)

I guess the only thing that comes close is a BBS mudwashed leather from a while back. That was pretty cool.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seeing old Ervell stuff like that shirt makes me sad that I missed out. And as much as I love the older stuff from designers in general I just cannot get past the point of buying second hand when I see 'that grail'.

I understand this mindset with a lot of footwear, but are you really saying you can't buy second-hand clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads