• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are actually the very Asos scoops that Regis mentioned. Considering they cost 12.50, I'm pretty happy with them.

I checked them and they look good but short (hard to tell definitively from internet pics and I have been fooled before). Is that right?

Why won't tshirt makers create a "long" fit with another 2" of length? WHY?

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
see biggen had real man swag without those jeans
A ****** pic of what I wore last night.
and then the jeans came, and the du got stiff
gJ4cJl.jpg
Rag & Bone Buzz Rickson Somèt Nonnative
ps I'm only trying to help, not hating

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
These are actually the very Asos scoops that Regis mentioned. Considering they cost 12.50, I'm pretty happy with them.

I checked them and they look good but short (hard to tell definitively from internet pics and I have been fooled before). Is that right?

Why won't tshirt makers create a "long" fit with another 2" of length? WHY?

Im almost 6'5 and the L fit lengthwise just fine. Some longer, some shorter. I do remember the blue/navy scoop was shorter than the gray/white/black ones for some reason, but at the price its a throw away piece anyways. I stand corrected looks like they have gone down to $10.55

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leon, have you tried the ACNE Limit? I would recommend the JL Dyson Breeze which was my favorite (raw edges, light soft cotton, short sleeves etc) but for some reason they stopped making them
I do wish Sunspel made their Q82's Low V's in other colors, that would be perfect

I have a couple of acne limits and Josh tee, but I refuse to pay 90 for them T by wang are 70 but I don't like the fit its too wide and short,.

THESE ARE AMAZING BUT ALWAYS SOLD OUT (Size down 1)

http://lunch-dinner.com/

Also AA Loose summer crew are pretty perfect just wish they were a little bit sluttier.

Rincon

Reaction score
Leon, have you tried the ACNE Limit? I would recommend the JL Dyson Breeze which was my favorite (raw edges, light soft cotton, short sleeves etc) but for some reason they stopped making them
I do wish Sunspel made their Q82's Low V's in other colors, that would be perfect

How do the Sunspels compare fit-wise to the ACNE limits? Are they long like Acne Ts? (I'm 6'4"). Better to TTS for slim fit?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I only have experience with the Q82 from Sunspel, its supposed to be underwear apparently, hence the low v-neck but the fit is a bit wide in the abdomen. The length is exactly like the Limit, I think about half an inch longer. I wear an M with the Sunspel btw since M has a 42 chest Length of 28 inches. Made in England and hold up well to washes too

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today Industrie Oxford Acne Max Lanvin Captoe Panerai 311 Bit cold today so I had a t shirt underneath which made the shirt too chunky.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a couple of acne limits and Josh tee, but I refuse to pay 90 for them T by wang are 70 but I don't like the fit its too wide and short,.

Also AA Loose summer crew are pretty perfect just wish they were a little bit sluttier.

These actually look pretty cool, like the concept

Might just grab a few ASOS scoopnecks, like the deep black one

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Maybe we need an "official slutty t-shirts" thread. :laugh:

My thoughts on some slutty tees (and I use the term "slutty" in the sex-positive sense):
- AA loose summer crew: More so mildly suggestive of sexual promiscuity than actually slutty. Sleeves are a little wide and short, but the body is plenty long and has a nice taper. TTS or up one for an oversized fit.
- AA sexuali-tee: Impossible to size down enough (the smallest size fits like an XL), but with an extra-sluttly neckline and plenty of length. Viscose feels nice.
- AA viscose tee: Not exactly uptight, but much less slutty than the sexuali-tee. I remember liking them when I tried them on in the store. I just ordered a couple on the cheap, and I'll post pictures when they get here. TTS (up one might be fine as well).
- Alt A wannabe rocker slub tee: Nice lightweight cotton and raw hems, but not enough length in the body and ridiculously short, wide sleeves. Body is cut like a tube. TTS.
- Zara: Pretty much the exact same t-shirt as the Alt A wannabe rocker tee, although I think it has a pocket.
- Alt A u-neck: Heavier cotton (nice texture), better body and sleeve lengths. Still cut like a tube. TTS. I got two on sale for like $8 at UO. No idea whether they still even make these.
- BLK DNM t-shirt 5: Pretty damn slutty. Tells the world you put out on the first date and probably go home with randoms. Rayon, with lots of sleeve and body length. Down 1. I've heard you can't machine-dry it. Usually pretty expensive, but I've found one for $20 and another for $19.
- Silent "taku" tee (I think it's the taku tee): The neck is more so relaxed than scooped. Really soft cotton. Long body and sleeves with a nice taper. Probably my favorite t-shirt cut ever.
- Odyn Vovk curved seam tee: Not that deep a neckline, tons of body and sleeve length. Fabric is ungodly soft (pima cotton blended with micromodal and maybe something else). Pretty expensive, unfortunately. Probably up there with Silent for Best T-shirt Ever. Down one or TTS.
- ASOS: I tried a few different models out, and they were all terrible. I forget the details (I think it was mostly related to the way they fit), but I sent everything I ordered back. This was a while ago, though, so there may have been changes since then.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you've got a sort of growth on your feet, i do say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads