• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggen

Reaction score

dude, you have +700 posts, how can you not see that this is simply bad?

button-placement on jacket is weird, I guess the rest of the top is okay (though not really SW&D), but then you pair it with jeans you're wearing far too high, and on top of that CPs? :uhoh:

also, don't know how many times you've already heard this(only that it's many), but change the pose

Ain't you angry. Have some suits and ties in my wardrobe that never get any use. Thought I'd see if I could mix it up with the rest of the wardrobe so it wouldn't just sit there collecting dust. Apparently it was a bad idea. If I wear my jeans any lower I'll start showing my underwear to everybody and I ain't planning to do that

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ain't you angry. Have some suits and ties in my wardrobe that never get any use. Thought I'd see if I could mix it up with the rest of the wardrobe so it wouldn't just sit there collecting dust. Apparently it was a bad idea. If I wear my jeans any lower I'll start showing my underwear to everybody and I ain't planning to do that

sorry, didn't really mean to come off that angry, but what I said was true nonetheless
no matter who you are, mixing up mc and sw&d is tricky, and most of the time, it looks like **** or GQ (which per say isn't bad, but not very original)
if that's the lowest you can wear your jeans one of these two points must be true for you:
- you're wearing jeans that simply don't fit you, if so, get some new
- you're wearing tees/shirts/sweaters that are far too short for you, if so, get some new

wait

Biggen isn't trolling?

really only quoted this to tell you your avatar is awesome
cool.gif

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exactly, his comment just struck me wrong as if he has some type of authority. He does come off as an angry rant rather than actual commentary / critique.

kinfofyoung: If I have ever lashed out to you in the past it was probably warranted. With that said, I do not believe I ever have so don't get too ahead of yourself.

Biggen: I see what you were trying to accomplish. I would change the jacket styling re: waist button from high to low. Wear navy trousers instead of denim and change the sneakers for some shoes. I'm not great with colors but brown, beige or black work. And FWIW the ensemble seems casual enough that you can loose the tie. And since you are tall and it is hard to find longer inseams (try Dior?) perhaps you can wear more boots/hi-tops, which I prefer for myself more often than not. Just some tweaks and you can put better use to your extra clothes.

At the moment it seems like BB on top with APC at the bottom.

BTW, how does it look with both buttons done up on the jacket? Just curious.

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly, his comment just struck me wrong as if he has some type of authority. He does come off as an angry rant rather than actual commentary / critique.
kinfofyoung: If I have ever lashed out to you in the past it was probably warranted. With that said, I do not believe I ever have so don't get too ahead of yourself.

It's almost funny how full of yourself you are, but it's mostly just irritating and sad.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL... I changed it back tho. It was going to give even me epilepsy if I left it for any longer.

nooo! it was awesome
laugh.gif
couldn't you just make another version that took longer time before switching pictures to get rid of the epilepsy-issue?

Last edited:

Biggen

Reaction score

Biggen: I see what you were trying to accomplish. I would change the jacket styling re: waist button from high to low. Wear navy trousers instead of denim and change the sneakers for some shoes. I'm not great with colors but brown, beige or black work. And FWIW the ensemble seems casual enough that you can loose the tie. And since you are tall and it is hard to find longer inseams (try Dior?) perhaps you can wear more boots/hi-tops, which I prefer for myself more often than not. Just some tweaks and you can put better use to your extra clothes.
At the moment it seems like BB on top with APC at the bottom.
BTW, how does it look with both buttons done up on the jacket? Just curious.

I have a pair of Dior's but have to sell them since my thighs have gotten to big for them. On the lookout for some new jeans with a long inseam that fits better than my current ones. Haven't tried the jacket with both buttons done up but might be a good idea since the buttoning point is a bit high,

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like this except for the shirt, is it DIY? the way it's sticking out makes it look like you made it with scissors. I would just do a regular v-neck until you find an appropriately skanky tee to whore yourself out in.

edit - biggen I'm no MC expert but that jacket just doesn't fit, your hips are making it flare like whoah.

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the neck looks a bit weird—I think the sleeves were just a bit bunched up beneath the cardigan. The neck is actually fine, I just captured it sort of weirdly. Here's pretty much the same fit with the same t in white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads