• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

just another fool

Reaction score

thought that picture looked a bit awkward, does this look any better? I thought it was a bit small, but didn't think it was too small.

Also, how do these break in? Look better as it softens up?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Captain, we're hovering over the sweater. Surface conditions are soft. No turbulence detected."

"Gooood. How long until we reach the shoes?"

"Twenty minutes, captain!"

"Success! We've made our way across the sweater and are descending down the Great Denim Plain. We should be reaching the shoes any minute now."

"Be careful! Many have died on the Denim Plain."

"Don't worry. You can count on us. We will update you when we land."

"Good luck. And safe travels."

Last edited:

systematic

Reaction score

thought that picture looked a bit awkward, does this look any better? I thought it was a bit small, but didn't think it was too small.
Also, how do these break in? Look better as it softens up?

Not better, you can see it in the buttons underneath your phone. It won't stretch the way you think it will -you'll have to lose the gut.

Last edited:

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
As self-appointed keeper of the RyeGB ratings...

7/10. Fit of everything is good. Jacket is pulling a lot and looks a bit odd over a knit with that much weight, may be worth just losing the knit entirely, but at least go with something lighter. Definitely needs different footwear either way.

are synth and i wearing the same booties?
FuJyk.jpg

0LjC7.jpg

5sUH6.jpg

7/10. Like the pattern clash and colour. Silhouette looks awkward, but might just be really terrible mirror pic.

Messin' around:

Brands
Asos tank
Giorgio Brato jacket
Zara jeans
BB sneakers
:D
I'll bust out some new stuff soonish!

5/10, tuck isn't working at all. "I just got back from my moon landing and wanted to hit the bars but I didn't have any other footwear".... not doin' it. With more reserved footwear it's just a throw-it-on fit.

Scarf: Stephan Schneider
Jacket: Stephan Schneider
Sweater (no vis): Robert Geller
Pants: Zam Barrett
Shoes: Silent

7/10. Individually everything looks good and fits well and that's an unbelievably sick SS piece but there's some weird proportional disconnect going on between top and bottom, like the jacket's too cropped for your frame if you're going to wear that jean cut. Your legs look 4 feet long.

Epaulet
Epaulet
RRL
everyone's favorite wingtips

6/10. So everything fits more or less the way it should, but look at the silhouette, it's all at your hips. You have had this before and you've probably gotten to know this issue a bit. I sympathize. You need more shoulders or chest or something.

And still it goes on!
gwbUDl.jpg

js9iBl.jpg

Damir Raf
Damir
Damir
KVA
CP
These boots are really getting some use!

6.5/10, not your best of this kind of thing, I don't think. The texture and colour of the jacket is striking something discordant compared to the rest of it. Boot tuck takes the top-heavy thing a bit far here as well even though the pants are the perfect cut for it (I've seen you make the unbalanced thing work but just not buying it this go-round).

And to conclude with an instructional video,

This is how you do it. 8.5/10.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scarf: Stephan Schneider
Jacket: Stephan Schneider
Sweater (no vis): Robert Geller
Pants: Zam Barrett
Shoes: Silent

Haircut is big imrovement, although I personally would do a strong taper rather than a sharp line where long meets short (I assume that's how you got it cut).

Is that the Zam B J pant? Fit looks perfect for slim stacking pants. Excited to see how mine will fit!

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
noctones hair looks okay but i actually really liked the old hair

Last edited:

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kinda hard to make a call from one angle in one picture, particularly where in that one picture he looks like T1000.

im just sick of the jungend after like 4 years (even though its basically what my hair is like right now)

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8/10. because if you could´ve put on a much better tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics