1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Hey, with eight buttons on that jacket, you can't blame him for not knowing which one to fasten.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Thanks for the compliments, dudes.

Steve, thumb me now.

Stanley, these are my favorite pants. But I will wear chinos next time just for you. :)

The jacket actually looks boss with all the buttons buttoned up. Will post up that way next time I wear the jacket.

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Stitches, good fit, and I'll echo everyone else saying those are certainly your best shoes (hate elongated toe dress shoes). Only thing is the jacket is slightly shapeless, could maybe be taken in slightly at the waist and through the arms

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

It's from a landslide case I've been working on since 2008. It made the news:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=5949527

Case is settled but technically still ongoing so I won't comment further, but the article gives some information and there is a video. My clients are the ones whose house split in half.

1 person likes this.
  5. in stitches

thanks, reedo.

i know that my elongated/aggressive lasted shoes are not loved here. heck, even in MC they are not quite fan favorites. if i was 6 feet tall, more slender, and had a size 10 shoe, not size 12, they would probably be less bothersome. but what can i say, i like them. even to my own detriment. glad though that peeps are appreciating these rounder lasted shoes on me. sadly, its the only pair i have at the moment, so i hope ya'll don't get sick of seeing them.

the jacket is a little "flat" and it bothers me a little, but as it gets colder i will be wearing it over a sweater. and if i slim it, it will be too snug to wear over a thick sweater. i also think the sleeves need a little shortening.

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

I've liked most of your shoes but shoe size/overall size does have an impact on how they look. Im lucky to be size 42 since im 5 10. However you still look better than most people so :slayer:

7. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Alright I'm going to be the bad guy for a minute here

candrew, I know you've got nice things and good style, but this is a miss. You can't be having a boot tuck with heavy boots and a tiny blazer, it's just not working. Once it gets colder and you can throw on some bigger coat over that it will be unstoppable though, so there's always that.

Stitches, you already said it but your coat looks a little "flat" and that's not so much the problem as it is that I think for pea coats you really need to wear them with some kind of scarf tucked in. Laying flat against your chest with a regular shirt collar poking out just looks off, but some colder weather and a scarf will fix that up.

Stanley, that royal blue color looks really good on you, but really bad with that leather jacket.

12 people like this.
  8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

So effortlessly dope. I'm jealous.

10. in stitches

thanks, man. kind of you to say that.

[​IMG]

no, but seriously, thanks for the feedback. its good that you are honest about it. i agree with ya, but it wasnt cold enough for any more layering and i was jonesing to wear this.

i dont wear scarfs tho :hide: but i think a sweater will accomplish the goal just as well. like a new inis sweater perhaps.

thanks! no need for jelly tho. im just a...

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  11. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Texas grad here as well. Still live in Austin.

And Noctone, I fully expect Baylor to beat us by 70.

Not looking forward to another beatdown at the hands of OU this Saturday either.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cole

Cole Senior member

stitches that house behind you looks exactly like my grandparents house

that burned down in a house fire.

strange.

on topic, though, great fit and I like the shoes a lot. agree on the coat being a tad flat

13. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

of course the coat is flat. it's a photograph. if you met him in person you'd see that it is, in fact, a three dimensional obje-DAD JOAKS WHO WANTS DAD JOAKS I GOT DAD JOAKS HERE

19 people like this.
  14. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

stitches stole your grandparent's house

1 person likes this.
  15. in stitches

thanks, cole. sorry about your grandparents house. :(

my neighbors maybe, that aint my house, yo!

16. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

MC stuff; Sport coat as outerwear for the mild autumn

[​IMG]
    Navy Zegna fine waled corduroy SC, unfused Vincenzo Di Ruggiero shirt, Drakes cashmere scarf, M. Cilento unlined deerskin gloves, Edward Green Dark Oak belt, PT01 flannel pants, C&J Chelsea boots, Sub

Apologies for the bad lighting and the pitti gloves in the breast pocket, but it's gotten nippy enough here that they do come in handy when biking. Also, the pants may look too short due to the hand in pocket. More precise fit in pic below:

[​IMG]

46 people like this.
  17. hennree

hennree Senior member

^ :nodding:

18. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Shit man. The colors there are fantastic.

19. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Thanks, but to be fair I had to lighten the pic a bit; the boots are a bit less red IRL.

20. candrew

candrew Senior member

I understand. Thanks for the honest and helpful critique. I'm assuming then that if I replaced the boots with some simple zip boots, it would be more balanced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.