1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbie

robbie Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG](my apologies, photobucket seems to be having trouble rotating pictures this weekend) DFW -> OMA wayfarers in chest pocket koto chambray 511 cut-offs weejuns I am not PhatGuido,Socal2nyc,or any other 'baller'. I have no aspirations to be those gentlemen. I have a wife, and I'd like to have a family,and a home, and some comfort. I am a guy. Sometimes my pictures suck, sometimes they are more 'lifestyle' than fit... but I stopped posting fits in the 'serious' waywt and kept most if not all of my fit posts and commentary about fits within this thread so as not to bog down the other thread. I felt I was following all of the 'rules' as far as WAYWT is concerned. I am 24, I didn't finish college, I'm married. I don't live in a city where it is convenient to bike,take a taxi or use public transportation... if I did I'd have a new pair of shoes or a pair of jeans every payday like some of you lucky ones in major cities and along the coasts instead it goes in the gas tank or towards a credit card bill. I am not a baller, i probably won't ever be. And from time to time I look like what I am, and from time to time I look better. When I have the time I post a fit, because this forum is a means of entertainment and a distraction. It isn't a church, and it isn't a fucking country club. If I missed some memo and I don't belong here I will leave, I was under the impression at least a handful were in a similar predicament, understood, or at the very least were willing to tolerate my presence here. Again, if I am mistaken I'll find some place else to go. I'll also do everyone another favor and just go ahead and insert Mr Powell to save everyone else the trouble.
    [​IMG]

2. Eason

Eason Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] jcrew diesel ndc
    Those jeans... they're cool, but not for you, Running Man.

3. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Don't retire robbie.

4. cez

cez Senior member

Yes, I agree. I sized down to make up for the 2% elastine and expect them to stretch at least a 1/2 size if not more. They are new, btw.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

Don't retire robbie.

We won't, he'll retire himself.

6. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

7. robbie

robbie Senior member

nice stripes reference

8. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Attaboy. See, you feel better already.

9. Asch

Asch Senior member

Yes, I agree. I sized down to make up for the 2% elastine and expect them to stretch at least a 1/2 size if not more. They are new, btw.
    The elastic material means that the jeans won't show any significant permanent stretching, as 100% cotton jeans do. That's why women's skinny jeans have elastic stuff in them: they want the jeans to stay skin-tight all day. Sizing up might have made more sense for you.

10. nerazzurrri

nerazzurrri Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Who you robbin' today?[​IMG]

11. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Expect a serious answer.

12. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

What kind of shorts are these, sir?

i enjoy life style pictures. Same old, I don't know what else to wear for the summer.

[​IMG]

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

i dropped my camera right after these pictures [​IMG]

you sure it wasn't a suicide jump?

14. cez

cez Senior member

The elastic material means that the jeans won't show any significant permanent stretching, as 100% cotton jeans do. That's why women's skinny jeans have elastic stuff in them: they want the jeans to stay skin-tight all day. Sizing up might have made more sense for you.

Uhhh...what are you smoking. this is the 2nd pair I've had and last pair stretched almost two sizes. [​IMG]

15. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

you sure it wasn't a suicide jump?

I thought we were going to get less of this?

16. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Uhhh...what are you smoking. this is the 2nd pair I've had and last pair stretched almost two sizes. [​IMG]

weird. Thats what I've always experienced <100% cotton will stretch around your legs/waist etc. but go back to regular when you take them off. Never had a pair stretch and stay stretched out.

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I thought we were going to get less of this?

can't even make any jokes now?

18. cez

cez Senior member

Really?? Every single pair of denim I have had has stretch, some a lot some no so much but none have ever reverted back to their original size regardless of what they are made of.

I have no experience with women's jeans cuz I don't wear womens clothing, but maybe uncontrol can provide some insight on that frontier. [​IMG]

19. cez

cez Senior member

can't even make any jokes now?

srsly, i lol'ed at that one.

20. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Really?? Every single pair of denim I have had has stretch, some a lot some no so much but none have ever reverted back to their original size regardless of what they are made of.

I have no experience with women's jeans cuz I don't wear womens clothing, but maybe uncontrol can provide some insight on that frontier. [​IMG]

v[​IMG]v who knows. My 98% cotton 2 % lycra always stayed exactly the same size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.