The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Come on guise lets talk about skull by anal chemist or something. Here's a crappy old blurry pic I never posted: [​IMG] vintage goat suede jacket h&m jeans Barney's Chukkas.
    is that like a butt chemist? lollol I could've sworn you actually did post that though. PG= So walking to the wall and back is the intended new setup? Kinda neat though i personally hate clicking and watching. Would rather look at pics but i may be in the minority

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^ maybe. When the weather gets crappy all I wear is H&M and vintage so I basically have 3 outfits this time of year.

3. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

You know if they were pants instead of jeans with that same pale blue, I doubt there would be a single derogatory comment about the fit or colour.
    Well despite the fact that the pale pants I have seen (Ervell) I did not like, stonewash brings forth a whole new point of discussion.

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Come on guise lets talk about skull by anal chemist or something.

anal chemist makes some good jeans

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I know this is SW&D & not MC.. & don't worry as I'm not going to pollute the raw denim wash with super fine wool softner on a regular basis like last year, but just wanted to get your feedback for this format.. Also if you are wondering.. Pantaloonees were sticking to my OTC socks.. it is very humid today.. & yes my shoulders are FUKED! Though this is not bad being OTR..
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.​

Ah, the good old video waywt. Used for a period on sufu, rarely seen 'round these parts PS: tonio's fit is a true example of palette matching. Great brown tones with the light blue shirt bringing a nice contrast to the overall look

6. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

speaking of ervell, i think his jeans look great in this pic. I think i read somewhere that its by levi. [​IMG]

7. Kill_switch

Surprisingly that fit appeals to me and looks much better than Max's. Its probably because of the pieces he decided to employ, the jeans are less of a standout dad jean despite being Levis and the black shoes really bring the fit together in a different way.

8. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Surprisingly that fit appeals to me and looks much better than Max's.
    I'm not sure how that's surprising, it's a much more conservative and SF-friendly fit.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

PS: tonio's fit is a true example of palette matching. Great brown tones with the light blue shirt bringing a nice contrast to the overall look

No offense to tonio who seems nice and does the biz-cas thing well, but we're really hodling his stuff in high esteem now? Ugh.... [​IMG]

10. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Patrick Ervell:

-interesting haircut and facial features
    -interesting background
    -black laceups
    -shirt buttoned all the way up a la David Lynch/John Waters/David Byrne (3 of the coolest guys ever)

=cool look, individual style

SF dude:

-jc penny looking jeans
    -jc penny-looking windbreaker
    -white vans or some shit

=looks like he sells pot at a community college in Burbank

11. Kill_switch

^ I'm not sure how that's surprising, it's a much more conservative and SF-friendly fit.
    So when you take away windbreaker and add Button-Up you get a more conservative fit? Max was wearing white purcells, a conservative shoe choice, his jeans were APC. Ervell is taking stonewashed Levis, something even more outlandish in these parts and putting them to good use. The black shoes work much better and if you want to talk about "anti-fit", his button-up is not BoO style skinny and looks much too long to leave untucked but he does it, and buttons the top button.

12. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

So when you take away windbreaker and add Button-Up you get a more conservative fit?
    I meant the fit of the jeans specifically, not the overall fit. And the word I actually meant to use was "conventional," sorry. His jeans are a lot closer to what's considered a "proper" fit around these parts (i.e. form-fitting in the thighs) than Max's, which is why I'm not surprised you'd like them more.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

cbusguy and kixslf - excellent fits

14. Kill_switch

I meant the fit of the jeans specifically, not the overall fit. And the word I actually meant to use was "conventional," sorry. His jeans are a lot closer to what's considered a "proper" fit around these parts than Max's (i.e. form-fitting in the thighs), which is why I'm not surprised you'd like them more.
    I prefer 19cm cut jeans to stuff like 501's.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

[​IMG] [​IMG] Just going from your argument of color, A is millions of times better, and while the pieces aren't especially unique or mindblowing, I'd think his fit was far better looking than Max's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.