1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

which ones the good ones or the bad ones?
    as of right now the only styleforum members I have met in the wild were at mc meetups...
    I would rather meet swd people in the wild though 1/2 of the dudes in mc are dicks 1/4 are senile and the last quarter talks about trap music while wearing 3 piece suits

9 people like this.
  2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Not really though

6 people like this.
  3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Your post is even less helpful than his. Good job.

Ian, is that really how you button your jacket?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  4. elduderino

elduderino Well-Known Member

Hey Ian, just a few points
    - I think there's more to a "layered shirts look" than just the seem standing out. That doesn't really work for me.
    - The white seem looks a bit sloppy while the one from the tee above is perfectly straight.
    - I think it doesn't really work on you because it makes you look way boxier than you are. You're a skinny dude, not boxy.
    - Talking skinny…your jeans are too skinny for what you're wearing above. They look fine with the jacket (change that buttoning, brah), but not with just the tees.

I can't suggest you anything to help you get a good layered look - I'm a fat dood and hence think it wouldn't suit me very well - but I hope some of my points could be of help. I really didn't carefully look at the other fits, there were just too many of 'em in one post. You might want to split that up, pick the ones you think are really cool and post them one at a time. But anyway, keep on experimenting, it's the only way to find out what's your style (feels and look good on you).

(edit: Woah, so many typos. I need to sleep.)

5. Doberman

Doberman Well-Known Member

Ian,
    Your previous post's fits were not horrible, these last 2 are. That is what happens when you try to run before you can walk (im austrian, pardon my english)
    You have some good basis (from earlier post you can choose more or less the right size of clothes, which is already a very good start !), but you need to take it slow, man. First work on getting good quality basics and try to assemble simple fits. A good pants+tee fit is not that easy to put together, you need to start with that. Then you can add more pieces as you go and progress.
    But dont believe you know style just because you have read 100 pages of this forum or bought a designer piece. THe process takes years (and im in the same boat as you, i dont want to sound arrogant), not months, let alone days.
    Good brands for basics :
    Uniqlo (the cheapest and best quality for the price i think)
    Alternative apparel
    Threads for thoughts

I would avoid H&M, Zara, Gap, etc... THeir quality seems lower than above brands as far as I've seen.
    Hope this helps..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. sipang

sipang Senior member

Looks great keep it.

3 people like this.
  7. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think you have to drop that much coin for thin layered tees. You can often find stuff like that at Uniqlo, Club Monaco and even American Apparel . I just feel like the brands KOY mentioned would have him flying before he can crawl.

2 people like this.
  8. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

not normally but I am "experimenting" if you want me to post a fit that follows the rules I can blow you away with impeccable mc but seeing as this is swd I would think I would have more leeway in branching out, in this case I was inspired by a pretty common swd practice of buttoning top heavy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    looking back I don't actually know why I am defending my fit so much it wasn't that good, maybe tirailleur thumbing my first post gave me an inflated sense of self worth...
    I think I am going to go back to lurking for a while

9. GoldenTribe

I do see that trend(?) but personally I rarely like it. Out of the three you posted, the only one I think looks good in terms of buttoning is the guy in black with red wing boots, and I think the key to it is that the top button is open too (so it's kind of like a cardigan front, with the bottom button open, turned upside-down). If he did up the top button I think he would look a bit silly.

The response has been pretty friendly for SF so don't let any negativity get to you, mostly people are in fact trying to help out.

1 person likes this.
  10. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

[​IMG]
    YYPH coat
    orthodox shirt
    qasimi homme pants
    rokin shoes

[​IMG]
    yyph coat
    glanshirt shirt
    ute ploier pants
    ciro lendini shoes

11 people like this.
  11. GoldenTribe

^ Both nice (shirt choices match shoe choices well IMO), and you got thinner frames since the last time I paid any attention in WAYWT, they look good.

1 person likes this.
  12. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    Dat coat

3 people like this.
  13. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Oh I realize this has been incredibly tame by sf standards I just think for a while at least I will learn more from lurking than from posting

14. Doberman

Benes that is awesome.
    Somehow your right arm sleeve looks too long though.
    Everything else is pretty much flwaless to me. Brands pls ?

1 person likes this.
  15. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I was just pointing out that very few people here regularly wear tees from the brands that he described as "normal"

Dunno why I bother since you get mad at everything anyway

Plus that post was even less helpful...than mine. Good job.

1 person likes this.
  16. Doberman

I love that puking smiley. Looks like it's coming straight from an early 80s hardcore punk fanzine !
    More to the point, that jacket is not really a 'traditional' blazer at all, it is a Cabourn jacket with heavy safari/hunting style, which is why i like it and assembled it to an otherwise more (very moderately though) 'rockn roll' fit. Maybe wat shocked you is not really the jacket itself but another problem of proportion in the outfit , made more apparent by the large pockets ?

17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

benes, why must you make yohji so boring? there is none of the whimsy, drape, or volume.

sadface.

2 people like this.
  18. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Tee looks great. I asked you in another thread but if you answered I didn't see it. Size the tees like the jackets? M=3? I assume you need a proxy for essence-web?

19. GoldenTribe

Aw cmon it looks good doesn't it?

edit - guess tir doesn't like it either.

lol

[​IMG]

20. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

dunno Shah... Not really feeling it. It looks a little too outdated 90's to me [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.