1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Firstly who, I really love that fit.

Secondly, there is so much in your post above that resonates with me. It's nice to read it laid out like that.

Seeing your before and after and Casey's the other day, I am very impressed.

1 person likes this.
  2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Yes, the Tetris Gambit. I know it well. Forever hopeful the next piece will bring satisfaction, unity and fulfillment, the one that drives it home.

.​

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

@who, i think for me its increasingly a question of comfort. Obviously yohji is very comfortable and great to wear whenever i can like on weekends. But for med school ive found some great brands that make stuff that is very comfortable to wear. Its nice to look good but its better to feel good while doing it.

4. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

But that's kind of my point. I think you look better than you did simply because you started wearing better clothes and got a better haircut. Your style isn't uniquely yours. And when I say that I don't mean that as a knock. It's just that I sometimes see or hear people, when asked to "define their style", pause and reflect and try to come up with a profound answer, when half of the time the real answer is probably "I saw someone else wear it and I thought it looked cool.", but I think that might be something most people don't want to admit. I don't think style has to be as abstract as some people make it out to be. There sometimes seems to be a resistance to the idea that you can just buy style or that style can be copied. There are a lot of people who dress well in this thread, but I don't think there are a lot of completely original people in this thread, but I don't think there needs to be.

14 people like this.
  5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

There's no shame in it. If you look at any great artist, the path to originality begins with imitation.

3 people like this.
  6. woody^^

woody^^ Well-Known Member

Close, it's the A2 in brown lamb. Rubbish picture makes it look black.

7. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Oh, I know. I meant to acknowledge the fact I was working off of your point, but I must have done so rather clumsily.

8. raags

raags Senior member

i love everything about your fits, man. something about them combined with your forum persona just seems so appropriate and self-assured in an understated way. your clothes seem to suit your character and make a subtle statement that is aesthetically interesting, a bit quirky but totally authentic.

1 person likes this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

no worries. and gut vuch!
    --
    thanks for the "thumbs" ya'll!

please do!

would agree with this.

lolz

fishbones - nice fit.

lol, that was a funny convo, sorry i am late to it.

mark - judaism is definitely forbidding me to get a tattoo. it is a jewish law, and i abide by it. i understand that most people do not abide by all jewish laws, and that is every jews personal business, and i never judge anyone for their decisions. however, that does not change the law from being what it is.

back to clothing,

kg and who - sick fits, my doods.

10. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

[​IMG]
    Aw shucks, thanks man :)

1 person likes this.
  11. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

[​IMG]

Nike/BLK DNM/Nike

Someone suggested cuffing so no stacks, which I'm gonna have to try.

4 people like this.
  12. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

I like this because it's a bunch of stuff that's pretty cool but not amazing or goes together great but it looks like comfortable clothing and all pretty good and just a person wearing clothes and it's fine. And actually there're aspects of it that are kind of ugly but fuck it. The hair is not so good I don't care. Though I don't like the straight hem of the shir actually if I'm going to pick nits. Whatever

edit plus bonus comment I always want to like benes fit but then it is not as desired I think th shirt is wrong or maybe zippers just gaudy it is not pleasingent maybe needs less zippes more droopy drop blap

1 person likes this.
  13. GBear

GBear Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Geller/Qlo/Margiela/Isaora/HMMMM

40 people like this.
  14. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Go home, you're drunk.

5 people like this.
  15. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

drunk styleforuming is gift from itnernet gods i'm doing it now its great

5 people like this.
  16. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Popé, he called my clothes ugly and told me that my hair is "not so good." Wtf imma cry dude.

1 person likes this.
  17. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

working still you watch yourself i'm comin for u

"droopy drop blap" might be greatest description of yohji or possibly all clothing in general

2 people like this.
  18. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

DROOPY
    DROP
    BLAP

aka Lindsay Lohan.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  19. galopingourmet4

galopingourmet4 New Member

My Mum is visiting.

Today's dinner, courtesy of my Mum :) :

Levrek, pan-fried to fucking perfection by my Mum.
    Levrek is a fish, usually translated as Mediterranean seabass. The best comes from waters off of Egypt and Turkey, but Greek catches are not bad. My Mum brought 4, frozen of course. One was eaten by me today. Served with tomato and onion salsa (a kind of horiatiki, or salad, from my village), and arugula and lemon.

I don't get to say this often, but it feels so good to be the centre of attention, and not have to play second fiddle to Lady Miran. For the next few days, Lady Miran will be second fiddle. I dined in solitary splendor, with my Mum bending over me at the table asking: "You like? Is it good?" while kissing my forehead, while Lady Miran was washing up dishes :) How nice to have the universe revolve around me for a change...rather like what Stanley van Buren has everyday...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    8 people like this.
  20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.