• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna also chime on the Lanvin hate, those things look really out of place and I can imagine few fits which will render them attractive. I think the light color/size make them look like aforementioned moonboots
thanks reedo, def respect yours and apk's opinions after looking at your progress.. anything you might suggest as far as casual/upscale footwear goes? I'm a musician* that works from home so no need for anything too formal.

*musician looking for swagger past vans/chucks.. i met dave grohl at my local bar the other day and cringed at his beat up vans mids.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the biggest problem of the "baller sneaker movement" is the one-track mind about how they should be worn. I've been shaking my head for a couple of years at the constant flow of comments that high tops HAVE to be worn tucked and stacked... Well, no. People have been wearing high tops under their hem from well before those making these statements were born. The fact that you're not showing every millimeter of your baller sneakers' awesomeness to the world at all times is not a sin - sometimes it just looks better. So they look like baller low tops now, oh noes... who gives a f really?

Last edited:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lighter shoes would work better. grey vintage cp achilles lows imo (or in that vein). black sneakers under black shorts just doesn't work in general, imo - need to bust up the black with some contrast - if the shoes had white in em and your shirt was white or something then it could work...

HorsesAreNeat

Reaction score
Can I ask if the skinhead thing is intentional? I guess it doesn't matter really.
I quite like it. I think i'd prefer it if the shoes were different, maybe black not brown.
Just in case you didn't know, one of the most unappreciated threads on this forum has a few original skinheads who discuss some aspects of that style.

That thread is great, brilliant link bruv! Yeah I love the old skinhead / mod look, british through and through.

HorsesAreNeat

Reaction score
Can I ask if the skinhead thing is intentional? I guess it doesn't matter really.
I quite like it. I think i'd prefer it if the shoes were different, maybe black not brown.
Just in case you didn't know, one of the most unappreciated threads on this forum has a few original skinheads who discuss some aspects of that style.

Yeah I go for the skinhead / mod look a lot.

That thread is amazing also, the old school photographs posted are very interesting.

HorsesAreNeat

Reaction score
Has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Leonardo Decaprio?

Nope, never. Although a few folk said I look more like this guy; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421082/
Yeah I am on the skinhead / mod look. Although I had to grow my hair out a bit as the look does not make a good first impression.

That thread is brilliant also, going to scour through the pages and add to the picture collection.

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alas, got to go home... Dolce&Gabbana (No Vis), Havaianas I did find the Girl from Ipanema (semi -NSFW):

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ she was hot, I like snake pictures! More kush = more push :)

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't know what planet he's on, but his company makes jeans.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCIANO-BAR...6465&pid=100033&prg=1020&rk=1&#ht_1689wt_1159
LUCIANO BARBERA JEANS COTTON SIZE 42 R ITALY NWT $425

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is it awful? You are not being very constructive.
i'm sure all of you guys giving him **** popped out of the womb wearing dick ovens and have never needed help at any point in your lives. get the **** over yourselves.
well ****, people said my stuff looked awful when I first posted, and then you improve

Last edited:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually had to suit up today.
1zclkzc.jpg
If I was interesred in the Suit,I would like a better Fitting Jacket.The Trousers are a bit short-and why would you wear a Cardigan under the Jacket? Just my Opinion.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thisisblex, i think the colours all work well. cant really go wrong with white and grey :)
if the tongue of the lanvins fit under the hem of your jeans then tucking them underneath would be fine. as long as they dont look like youve got work-horse hooves lol.
low tops in the same colourway would be good too.
i never really liked lanvin highs so i might be bias :eek:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did somebody quote a fit that is on the first page and is over two year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads