• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i feel like people are way to mean to cdhagg dont know the kid got nothing invested in him but if this person does something crazy you would all regret it. "can we all just get along." just because we're on the internet doesn't mean we should let go of basic human decency.

We can all just get along, and we mostly do, but seriously, SF would be doing this guy a favor if we could collectively get him to stop doing that terrible Walken comb-back. It's like he's trying to make himself look as boring as possible. There's nothing flattering about it. This is Styleforum, not facebook. Or whatever kids use these days. The fact that CDHagg has been inoffensive at best, and a total teabag at worst, is not a great testament to his internet persona (I know nothing about his real persona). But, coming into a new community and trying to lord it over that community is not exactly a tried-and-true way to integrate or participate effectively in a new group of people, especially when you're mostly trying to talk down to the proverbial Alphas and you're simultaneously not really bringing anything to the table and telling everybody they're wrong.

Nobody has told him to drop everything and start collecting vintage WvB or anything, but there's a real, and very obvious, disconnect between what CDH is bringing to the forum when you compare it to most, if not all of the useful posters. The best post he's made was the one asking what the difference was between his and Fuuma's "identical" outfits, because at least that shows some desire to grow, progress, or learn - although I'm honestly not sure if that was a request for constructive criticism or actual bewilderment.

So, CDHagg - stop gelling your hair back, and stop trying to impress everyone on the internet. Have you seen those axe commercials where the bikini models make fun of the nerds with gelled-back hair and then desperately want their male components once they switch to a wax or pomade? Not exactly PC, but really anything would do you a world of good. If you want to continue to slick your hair back, let the front grow out and take the sides in shorter.

As others have pointed out, lurk and absorb for a bit. Or ignore this post entirely, I guess.

Miran, I have some large insulated glass tea/cappuccino glasses which i think are very nice in the wintertime. Usually, though, I make them in a bowl :)

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have liked to see some purple socks

Get on that Drakes tip

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they work well with his outfit (coincidentally, my school uniform for 13 years :slayer: ), and don't mind the way he slips in and out of fashunz mode, and don't understand why this would ever be a bad thing, anyway, forever confident that one's identity isn't exactly bound up in cotton, anyway.

Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, CDHagg - stop gelling your hair back, and stop trying to impress everyone on the internet. Have you seen those axe commercials where the bikini models make fun of the nerds with gelled-back hair and then desperately want their male components once they switch to a wax or pomade? Not exactly PC, but really anything would do you a world of good. If you want to continue to slick your hair back, let the front grow out and take the sides in shorter.
As others have pointed out, lurk and absorb for a bit. Or ignore this post entirely, I guess.

CDHagg he's saying the truth. Gel sucks dude, that sheen and stiffness that gel leaves is horrible. Grow the top and shorten the sides #2 or #3.

Get some wax/pomade. A good one is Hans De Fuko Spongewax. There is also american crew fiber and american crew forming cream.

You would look great with a messy hairstyle dude. :slayer:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
American Crew fiber is dreadful stuff. One might as well use toothpaste to groom than use that stuff. I haven't tried the forming cream, but is there a reason CDHagg cannot use American Crew pomade? A little shine might do his head a ton of good. Mind you, if it's' coarse hair, no amount of pomade will help.

His hairline is not yet receding enough to pull of a side part or slick back look with a pomade product in my opinion. Also given his age he may run a risk of getting serious acne due to most pomades still being petroleum based.

American Crew Forming Cream or some Bumble and Bumble Sumotech would work best with his type of hair in my opinion.

In essence anything will be better than his current yakuza punch perm.

Reaction score
^^^^

Not sure if serious about the chemical relaxers, but if you find anything let me know. I have the same problem with my hair.

When you guys do short on the sides, do you get it faded up to the top? Or just one length throughout?

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smack bang in the middle of the British summer and it's jumpers and leathers...sucks.
At least the Euro soccer is going on to keep me entertained...

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

TOJ
Balenciaga
Margiela
Lanvin

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SexonFabric, you've been on a hot streak lately. You fits have looked really good. And since we're on the topic of hair, your hair has that perfect, "I want to give people the impression that I jumped out bed and ran out the door without regard for my hair, but actually this took 30 minutes" vibe going on. That in no way is a slight to you, I tried to do it for a while and failed miserably. Looks great on you!

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow so this has been the longest and most involved discussion about one of the most benign and unremarkable outfits ever posted on SF WAYWT. Hilarious, sad, puzzling ? I don't know

derrida26

Reaction score
meanwhile Ivwiri fit goes undiscussed...I guess it's easier to discuss things that have problems though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads