• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The suit is not as bad as you guys are making it to be. 2k in the bespoke world isn't that much, But I agree that you can get a much better fitting suit for under 2k.

But it seems like there is some underline (Understatement of the year?) hate for CDHagg... I am curious to know why that is the case. Did I miss something?

Last edited:

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CDHagg:  "Oh Hai guys, how does this suit look?"
         MC:  "Looks pretty good"
   SW&D:  "Woah dude that's like teh worst thing ive ever seen in my entire life, it looks so bad."

Well, since SW&D people know much more about tailored suits than MC people do (obviously), I guess I'll just have to burn the suit. (10)

Seriously, though - you guys have lost all credibility with me. 

The caveat here is that MC is more likely to say nice things about dogshit, or nothing at all.

**** that guy posting the Prometheus gif.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been told that this is the new StyFo bespoke suit thread.

If you would like help with sizing your bespoke suit, please ask here. This thread encompasses all questions that could ever arise in the clothing business*.

"Do I measure my waist around ******* 3 times then multiply by pi?"

*exception. You will not be able to find info on 70s wash denim. But that's a given these day.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
My brother went and decided to get a suit done in Beijing instead of Hong Kong like I suggested. He paid 110 USD and got this:
Rx7CW.jpg
WRhav.jpg

Thoughts? I think the button stance is 3/4"-1" too high and the jacket maybe 1"-1.5" too short.

edit: also, it didn't cost 2000 USD

Del-Toro

Reaction score

Del-Toro

Reaction score
You didn't receive quite as many accolades as you claim. Even the MC crowd acknowledged that there are issues with the suit. You're getting **** on because you made a big deal about paying $2,000 for a bespoke suit with 8 fittings. People here even said it looked fine or even pretty good, but honestly, for bespoke, pretty good isn't really good enough.

True Bespoke (take measure/pattern made/sew-stitch/measure/sew-stitch/measure/final sew-stitch/measure/tailor) don't con't $2k. Honestly, I don't think you can find a true Bespoke under $3.5k. But maybe you can, it's been a while since I looked into it.

The problem is finding someone that can do patterns, most just want to measure and make the pieces on existing patterns and the adjust or send out to have made.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True Bespoke (take measure/pattern made/sew-stitch/measure/sew-stitch/measure/final sew-stitch/measure/tailor) don't con't $2k. Honestly, I don't think you can find a true Bespoke under $3.5k. But maybe you can, it's been a while since I looked into it.

The problem is finding someone that can do patterns, most just want to measure and make the pieces on existing patterns and the adjust or send out to have made.

This is really OT, but you can, quite easily. I only know about the UK and Japan. Maybe not on Savile Row, but just in London, Graham Browne or Sims and Macdonald in Holborn will be able to make a fine bespoke suit for $2000. (Surprisingly enough, there are some excellent tailors in Tokyo who will make you a bespoke suit for some way short of $3500 too). BTW, almost all good tailors have a 'house style' so even with bespoke you are almost never starting from scratch, unless you are very unusual in what you want...

Del-Toro

Reaction score
This is really OT, but you can, quite easily. I only know about the UK and Japan. Maybe not on Savile Row, but just in London, Graham Browne or Sims and Macdonald in Holborn will be able to make a fine bespoke suit for $2000. (Surprisingly enough, there are some excellent tailors in Tokyo who will make you a bespoke suit for some way short of $3500 too). BTW, almost all good tailors have a 'house style' so even with bespoke you are almost never starting from scratch, unless you are very unusual in what you want...

Really? Okay, thanks for the clarification.

I need to buy a ******* suit but I am going to get a Margiela or Balenciaga and just get it altered. The idea of fittings over and over doesn't appeal to me and I just generally hate wearing suits. I prefer a jacket/dress pant, less stuffy looking imo.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bartender

Reaction score
^haha well no, I wasn't claiming that I received a standing applause; but in general, the MC response was that "the suit isn't bad". Contrast that to the average SW&D response, that the suit is "pretty terrible."

1 MC poster gave a detailed critique, 1 MC poster said it "sure as hell doesn't look bespoke", and 7 MC posters said it looked pretty good.

Look, guys, I don't really care that much. I wasn't even asking for critiques in the first place. This whole conversation is stupid. Sorry, I should never have posted those pictures.
confused.gif

you dropped 2k to look "not bad"?

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit suit bespoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads