The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

Who are the ugliest posters?

Moo in shorts.

2. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I don't wanna sound rude, but this is fucking stupid
    Are you really going to argue that certain types of people aren't suited to certain things? It's like starring a movie with the wrong actor that doesn't suit the role whatsoever. Imagine sonicvoodoo dressing like Uncontrol for example, can you not see how certain aesthetics will only work within a certain type of people - in this case, people who are very young? I'm not saying there's a rule, I don't advocate restraining yourself creatively, but some things just don't look right on certain people and I think the above fit is in that category, particularly because from the waist up he looks somewhat his age, but from the waist down he looks like a school kid.

3. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

[​IMG]

Jcrew
    Albam
    LVC 47
    DB
    Filson

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

Thanks for the comments everyone.

sq's fit is dope. I almost copped that Dior sweater in black myself but other purchases had to come first. I still need to find some jeans in a similar color also for this summer without dropping DH prices.

5. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Dominating in Dior
    Palette Gris

Pretty awesome, I love that sweater. I don't love the stacks, but overall very good.

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. onion

onion Senior member

Are you really going to argue that certain types of people aren't suited to certain things? It's like starring a movie with the wrong actor that doesn't suit the role whatsoever. Imagine sonicvoodoo dressing like Uncontrol for example, can you not see how certain aesthetics will only work within a certain type of people - in this case, people who are very young? I'm not saying there's a rule, I don't advocate restraining yourself creatively, but some things just don't look right on certain people and I think the above fit is in that category, particularly because from the waist up he looks somewhat his age, but from the waist down he looks like a school kid.

If sQ4you was 45 and balding, or like 250 pounds, I think you would have a valid point. As is though, I think he looks good.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

uncontrol is making me want to try out bootcuts.

[​IMG]

9. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

uncontrol is making me want to try out both sexes.

Slightly fixed.

10. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

if you think i'm a hot chick, you either have low standards or you need to come to terms with your homosexuality

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

12. Listi

Listi Senior member

I just look back at your post ranting against otter, and see some of your criticisms of his character reflected in what you're saying here. Sq always looks comfortable, he's not trying to be anything he's not. I agree that a round faced chubby cheeked kid with shaggy hair would not make a good goth-ninja... But he isn't doing a "persona" type aesthetic, he just dresses in (somewhat) normal type clothing with unique details. You seem to be hating more on his physique than his clothes, I'm not trying to say you can't have an opinion, but this post just seems somewhat incongruous with your previously stated opinions. @suicmez/uncontrol: Fuck, I hate the internet. Totally ruined my perception of mankind as being "decent on the whole." Since when did it become acceptable for supposedly straight dudes to view young boys as sex objects? FUCK.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

...this post just seems somewhat incongruous with your previously stated opinions.

Hi Listi.

Welcome to Xenox's posting.

14. JackM

JackM Well-Known Member

I don't understand the hate, sq is looking really good. Not necessarily because he spent a lot of money, but because the clothes fit perfectly, the proportions are very nice, and somehow the grayscale colors are working really well on him there. Very interesting and I like the fit. He definitely still looks young enough for stacked jeans.

15. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I just look back at your post ranting against otter, and see some of your criticisms of his character reflected in what you're saying here. Sq always looks comfortable, he's not trying to be anything he's not. I agree that a round faced chubby cheeked kid with shaggy hair would not make a good goth-ninja... But he isn't doing a "persona" type aesthetic, he just dresses in (somewhat) normal type clothing with unique details.

You seem to be hating more on his physique than his clothes, I'm not trying to say you can't have an opinion, but this post just seems somewhat incongruous with your previously stated opinions..

I can see what you're getting at regarding that remark, but that isn't what I was getting at. I don't mean that everyone should or shouldn't dress a certain way in the way that otter proclaimed, the idea of a single set of ideals is moronic and against anything I've said in the past.

Rather I think that there are some limits to what one can dress in set by factors outside of the clothes they wear, changeable or otherwise (such as hair, physique, age, etc). I've mentioned before at length about people's characteristics and how they work to benefit one's style - how the person is intertwined with the clothing, in this case I am simply looking at it in reverse when these characteristics to me aren't working in favour of the clothing. I wouldn't say that I am critisizing his physique, I don't see a problem with it, rather I am critisizing his choice of clothes because they don't work with his particular physique. If he stuck with the margiela/jil sander/thom browne get ups it would work a lot better in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.