• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
acecow cmon, youre not being civilized, you are here under the guise of learning but you really just like to **** talk like everyone else. I mean **** you called me a girl, and didnt give constructive criticism, you were just like omg no words, ahha what a weirdo where is his oxford man. Not that I really care but you really do come in here with a ton of arrogance when your fits aren't anything spectacular.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

I am amazed at the amount of hostility my posts get from some people. Can't help but make me think that they really have nothing better to do in life. To have fun and argue about meaningless things is one thing, but genuinely hating a person over what he posts on a message board is a psychological disorder. If you look back at how all of this **** started back in MC, you would see that I was trying to be civilized for the longest time, but Teger, APC and other losers eventually made it impossible.
I will keep posting until I find it interesting. And I will keep giving my opinion when I think I know what I'm talking about. The best thing for some of you would be to learn to ignore it, or better yet, realize that I'm not a complete marsupial and there may be some truth in my words, albeit going against what you believe. It's always better to get critiques from a person who isn't your admirer or close friend. You're not all God given miracles to fashion. So just chill the **** out.
So true.

when you actually know what you're talking about, then maybe people will listen. that's the ******* problem -- you don't understand any of the context from which people draw inspiration and understandings of what looks good. it's why you think that only ivrwi looks good on yohji (even though he does).

this is what everyone has been ******* trying to explain to you -- SW&D has a learning curve.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Training Myths Debunked

3) Light weights and high reps tone muscles.
How It Started: Bodybuilders have long used lightweight, high-rep sets in the weeks prior to a contest. The more reps they're able to perform, they figure, the more calories (and fat) they burn, helping them get as lean as possible.

The Truth: Bodybuilders always accompany this kind of training with low-carb, calorie-restricted diets; that's what accounts for their rapid fat loss. "A toned appearance is dependent on your level of body fat and muscle development," says Jim Smith, C.S.C.S., a strength coach in Sayre, Pa. In other words, to see more muscle tone, you need to get bigger muscles and lose flab."
http://www.mensfitness.com/training/training-myths-debunked

not going to say any more about this

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's true in almost all cases. There's so much BS floating around gyms and online it's absurd.

The only time I ever go above 8-9 reps is every 3rd or 4th workout for my legs to blast them as well as every time I work calves as I've trained enough to know my calves don't react well without high reps. Everybody's muscle is different, certain body parts on some guys react better with 15-20 reps. Speaking firsthand from training a lot of guys, not BB bro knowledge.

The biggest training myth is that cardio is the best for fat loss though :teach:

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The biggest training myth is that cardio is the best for fat loss though :teach:

Even though I hear this all the time, I would still suspect that cardio is one of the better things for keeping your heart healthy, extending lifespan, etc--i.e. things that matter beyond how you look.

On a WAYWT Discussion-related note, though--I don't find acecow nearly as irritating (anymore) as the fallout that happens every time he posts

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acecow cmon, youre not being civilized, you are here under the guise of learning but you really just like to **** talk like everyone else. I mean **** you called me a girl, and didnt give constructive criticism, you were just like omg no words, ahha what a weirdo where is his oxford man. Not that I really care but you really do come in here with a ton of arrogance when your fits aren't anything spectacular.

I wasn't the only one that told you that you looked like a girl. And I don't even recall saying it explicitly, but I'll trust you on this one. If you want a serious critique, stop wearing t-shirts that are so freaking long. They make you look like a midget. And your hair and facial expression look like somebody emptied a bucket of diarrhea on your head. More volume in your hair would probably fix that. Take it with a grain of salt, because I have no freaking clue about hairstyles; my hair pretty much stays the same no matter what I do to it.

And I never said I was holier than thou. If people constantly give me ****, I will treat them the same way. And I talk **** sometimes when people deserve it. Sometimes even when they don't. But I'm not the only one who does it. I do learn from some posters and I take mental notes. I also try to be helpful as much as I can. I've spent a lot time trying to help posters in MC who asked me questions about shirts or anything else. If you think I don't know ****, you're wrong. My fits are unremarkable, because I don't like them flashy most of the time. You can't deny that my clothes fit me well and generally work with my body shape. That's my main goal and I've achieved it pretty well.

when you actually know what you're talking about, then maybe people will listen. that's the ******* problem -- you don't understand any of the context from which people draw inspiration and understandings of what looks good. it's why you think that only ivrwi looks good on yohji (even though he does).
this is what everyone has been ******* trying to explain to you -- SW&D has a learning curve.

I don't understand the runway looks, true. But I know how **** fits and what makes people look fitter or fatter. I've given some detailed critiques when it was necessary explaining my point of view. If you disagree, move on or argue respectfully. All you do is try to insult and shut me up. It's not going to work, because a) I will not be insulted by some insecure asshole and b) I will leave this forum when I feel like it, not when you tell me so.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even though I hear this all the time, I would still suspect that cardio is one of the better things for keeping your heart healthy, extending lifespan, etc--i.e. things that matter beyond how you look.

100% I would never disregard cardio at all. I'm just saying it's a misconception that it's the key to fat loss. Cardio enhances your ability to gain muscle anyways, another thing some people underestimate.

derrida26

Reaction score
I think acecow was jealous of all the negative attention moo's getting, and so felt the need to chime in

Rompson

Reaction score

Sure he looks like a normal dude who's proportions are outta whack, but WAYWT is about improving your appearance and style so you don't simply look "fine." I was pretty chunky before I got into clothes, and I dropped about 35-40 lbs before I started buying nice pieces. Made a bigger difference than anything I could wear.
Not trying to give him an image disorder, just honest advice in an online forum dedicated to honest criticism as a means of self improvement

Just a general observation:

People who are out of shape know they are out of shape. While it's true that clothes look better when you're thinner, shouldn't some advice be given that doesn't include eat less/workout more/ whatever?
I feel like this happens a lot. And then it always derails into three pages of workout talk. :dozingoff:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This party blows.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
acecow, i am asking this purely out of curiosity so don't take it the wrong way, but how old are you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics