• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I really gotta stop talking pics with eyes half-closed, make me look like a ******* cokehead after a binge.

nah - more like:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

nah - more like:

Arrgghgh! Next it's gonna be Olivier Zahm or even worse, Romain Duris (who is a complete asshole, great actor though). I have the incredible (mis?) fortune to always look like someone else well known, has been happening to me since my teens. I had my Chris Kattan summer where every ******* girl I met at a party would think I looked like him (I had an unfortunate haircut).

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lanvin
Margiela
APC
Augusta
IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

Nice totems!

Which APCs are these? Also, so nice having Kelvin back posting!

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** I look a lot less squished when I use a different camera.

Pants came damaged from yoox
frown.gif
so whether I keep 'em kinda depends on how much they discount them (they take forever to respond).

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your feet look half as long as your torso. Too much stacking, too low rise.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Your feet look half as long as your torso. Too much stacking, too low rise.

I'm taking the photo three feet from a mirror and five feet in the air, it's mostly the angle.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
KJ—are you wearing a turtle neck or a very narrow-necked crew neck under that blazer? Hard to tell. Do like, though.

Haha, sorry my photography is awful. It's actually just a regular t-shirt with a decently wide crew neck. And thanks! Acecow, the thing is you might actually be right, if I keep these I may hem them a bit, but no one can really take your critique seriously in this thread anymore
confused.gif

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a fan of how much extra fabric there is in these pants—they stretched out waaay too much in the butt and waist.

Emile Lafaurie / some old Gap belt / J Brand / Moma

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the idea of the all white shirt/jeans with black jacket and boots kj, but I think the elements could probably be finessed, i.e. jacket fit, pants length. I'm all for stacks, but those might be too much. I think the rise looks fine. it's tough to tell proportions with that crappy photo! better to go where there's more light and shoot straight on, not at a weird angle.

I had my Chris Kattan summer where every ******* girl I met at a party would think I looked like him (I had an unfortunate haircut).

I hope it wasn't the Mango haircut! ;-)

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KJ, if you have a photo-organizing program (like iPhoto on a Mac, for example), you can possibly play around with exposure, shadows, sharpness, etc. to make your photos a bit clearer. It's not really a totally satisfying substitute for a good camera, but I think (or, rather, I *hope*) that it does the job well enough. (And yeah, I'm well aware—my last photo is definitely not a good example of using good lighting!)

Last edited:

Superfluous Man

Reaction score

Plum ruched-seams jacket : Lanvin
Grey sweater : Véronique Branquinho
Blue dress shirt: Uniqlo
Navy cords: APC
White tennis shoes: Adidas

I want that jacket but not at a Lanvin price :violin:

I like the fit, I'd choose a pant with some taper but that's personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads