• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anduru

Reaction score
Anduru, may I ask where you are in the Toronto area?
Oakville born and raised.
musicboohoo[1].gif

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gah, these are what I wish mine looked like:
Quote:

x-posted from fashion thoughts thread
^ I wish I had those.

and/or these:

Anduru

Reaction score
Quote:
Yes.
Hamilton -> Burlington -> Oakville -> Mississauga -> Toronto -> Pickering -> Ajax -> Whitby -> Oshawa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Lake Ontario]

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Anduru. The bottom part of the outfit is really good IMO. I like how the cargo pant look and those are quite nice. But the upper part is quite dull. The lower tones are clashing with the blue from the sweater and the brown(?) shirt. I think a tee and a another type of jacket (leather´s alway fine) would make that a great fit. Either that or find a sweater with some edge, like the givenchy with the rottweiler or the balenciaga with the alsatian (?)
bounce2.gif

Anduru

Reaction score
@Anduru. The bottom part of the outfit is really good IMO. I like how the cargo pant look and those are quite nice. But the upper part is quite dull. The lower tones are clashing with the blue from the sweater and the brown(?) shirt. I think a tee and a another type of jacket (leather´s alway fine) would make that a great fit. Either that or find a sweater with some edge, like the givenchy with the rottweiler or the balenciaga with the alsatian (?)
bounce2.gif
I have the H&M with a wolf? LOL

Thanks for the advice. I've been looking for lots of ideas for what to wear with them because they're grail (albeit inexpensive) pants. Unfortunately my hooded leather jacket needs some repair work done and I have to wait til I get some cash money to bring it to the leather guy.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i dont necessarily disagree, but you have to consider why people are reading this thread. if you are really looking through sw&d waywt because you want to see really nice suits, why dont you just open up gq/esquire or browse a LV/gucci/hermes fashion show? guarantee the styling there will look "good" in your sense. but if you want to see something different then come here.

Same thing with MC WAYWRN. It's way better than whatever GQ/Esquire do. So much better, actually, that the GQ/Esquire advice in general often seems misleading on purpose. I see no reason why SW&D should be any different.

No this is what he says but certainly not what he does.
See
Are you f@ing kidding me ? You insult people left and right, say that they look like 5 year-olds or homeless people, try to push their buttons to make yourself feel good - and that's a civilized discussion? I call that being a douche. And then when everyone retorts, he pretends he's just trying to understand. wtf. Dude's gotta work on his attitude and show a little respect if he wants anyone to engage in a normal conversation with him (something I doubt).

First of all, every idiot and his dog is on my case no matter what I say. I like an outfit, people get pissed, I dislike one, people get pissed too. Huh?
Then, you're the one to talk about being a dick... If people get insulted over every little internet comment, they shouldn't be on a forum. I'd understand if people got pissed over my Target remarks or the 5-year old one (??? I didn't even say he dressed like one ???), but every point I've been trying to make, whether correct or not, has been met with snark and constant personal attacks on me, the way I dress, or a number of words arranged at will taken from random posts in several unrelated threads. I wouldn't say anything here that I wouldn't say to people's faces. And yes, I'm somewhat a dick in real life, although (I think) quite a lovable one. A few members, on the other hand, would have never said what they said to my face.

your childhood must have been hell

:lol: It wasn't that bad. A great idea it is, with the mittens, actually. You can always take them off and they'll just hang from your sleeves without bothering you.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't understand. I draw the line when people wear socks and sandals with their armor. Where are their Allen-Edmonds? Different doesn't always look good.

Cross-posted from the Yohji thread?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For example, I read a bit of the Yohji thread and I think I understand why people are obsessing with it. It's ridden with historical and cultural references to traditional Japanese way of life and dressing. I can clearly see that and I can respectfully disagree with that style. I still think it looks alien on the streets of New York, but I won't say it's baseless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads