• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

And you have? Lulz

thumb540x540
thumb540x540

yes

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't believe you guys are humoring tagutcow with advice. Dude's been here forever and has never improved.

And it's pissy little useless pieces of **** like you who have sapped every ounce of fun out of this thread and made it completely forbidding to newcomers.

Unlike you, I didn't spend $20,000 on clothes in one year (and I certainly haven't seen anything from you that would remotely justify that kind of expense.) In fact, I doubt I've spent much over $2,000 on clothes ever. I know the concept is alien to you, but clothes to me are just a fun little side-interest, they're not something of earth-shattering importance, and I certainly don't need to construct some warped value system around them to fill the yawning moral and spiritual abyss at the center of my being unlike some sniffy humorless pissant pieces of **** I could name. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing here, I have a pretty realistic grasp of my limits, and I'm certainly not going to be cowed by the grim, hardened shallowness of the kid who got cruelly but rightly ostracized in high school and now uses the interwebz to exact their revenge fantasy of standing in judgement of all of humanity.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAGUTCOW, please listen to most of the advice given and ******* go for it. WTF? Seize the day! THIS COULD BE YOUR LAST CHANCE!

OKAY! I'M READY TO DO IT!!! Ummm… what do I do?

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:laugh:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
i didn't spend 20k on clothes in a year. not even close. more like 5k. ill-advised purchases in the end but whatever.

but at least i tried something man. you post here all the time and people give you advice and then six months later you post another ****** look just like the last one. get a haircut? nope. size up on your shirts? why do that? you don't get to act indignant when someone points out that people are wasting their breath on you because you never listen to anyone and then justify it by saying "it's just a little hobby for me!" post in the no discussion thread if that's all, then.

if you were a newcomer, i wouldn't have bothered to comment like this. but you've been here for five years

if you put as much effort into dressing as you did summoning cliche insults you'd probably look a lot better.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Can't believe you guys are humoring tagutcow with advice. Dude's been here forever and has never improved.

And it's pissy little useless pieces of **** like you who have sapped every ounce of fun out of this thread and made it completely forbidding to newcomers.

Unlike you, I didn't spend $20,000 on clothes in one year (and I certainly haven't seen anything from you that would remotely justify that kind of expense.) In fact, I doubt I've spent much over $2,000 on clothes ever. I know the concept is alien to you, but clothes to me are just a fun little side-interest, they're not something of earth-shattering importance, and I certainly don't need to construct some warped value system around them to fill the yawning moral and spiritual abyss at the center of my being unlike some sniffy humorless pissant pieces of **** I could name. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing here, I have a pretty realistic grasp of my limits, and I'm certainly not going to be cowed by the grim, hardened shallowness of the kid who got cruelly but rightly ostracized in high school and now uses the interwebz to exact their revenge fantasy of standing in judgement of all of humanity.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAGUTCOW, please listen to most of the advice given and ******* go for it. WTF? Seize the day! THIS COULD BE YOUR LAST CHANCE!

OKAY! I'M READY TO DO IT!!! Ummm… what do I do?

:lol:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Tagutcow, step one: size up on the t-shirt.

Step 1B: size up on the jeans.

So, realtalk @tagutcow - Your fit doesn't look good. Moreover, it seems like you've been here a long time without changing anything. Do you actually want feedback? If not, it seems like you're just trolling, since you already know the reaction you get when you post a fit.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i didn't spend 20k on clothes in a year. not even close. more like 5k. ill-advised purchases in the end but whatever.
but at least i tried something man. you post here all the time and people give you advice and then six months later you post another ****** look just like the last one. get a haircut? nope.

I've gotten a haircut! Several, in fact! It keeps growing.

size up on your shirts? why do that?

The first time anyone has ever suggested sizing up on shirts was… the post above yours.

you don't get to act indignant when someone points out that people are wasting their breath on you because you never listen to anyone and then justify it by saying "it's just a little hobby for me!" post in the no discussion thread if that's all, then.

I'm not indignant, but I find your entire attitude disgusting.

And as I've said, it has been extremely rare that anyone has given me any constructive advice.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is my WAYWT. **** you.

Tagut you have been around a long time, you have posted similar pics before and you know what is coming. The response is basically the same every time. I can only conclude that you want to create this type of firestorm and thread derailment. Right?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Step 1B: size up on the jeans.

The 5EPs were actually a hair too loose when I bought them. As I've said, they shrank in the wash, and I've probably gotten a little bigger as well.

So, realtalk @tagutcow - Your fit doesn't look good. Moreover, it seems like you've been here a long time without changing anything. Do you actually want feedback? If not, it seems like you're just trolling, since you already know the reaction you get when you post a fit.

Yes, I want feedback. It would be nice if people appreciated my fits, but it's not absolutely required for me. I post What I'm Wearing Today- as per the thread title- whenever I feel moved to do so. I once posted an outfit I used for walking that I knew objectively was awful, but for some ineffable reason, it made me smile, so I posted it. On the other hand, people actually seemed to like the fit I posted last Christmas.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
how are the million calls for a different haircut not constructive? they are giving you advice on a specific thing they think you need. "you look like ****" is not constructive. "a haircut would help" is. maybe not earth-shattering, but it's pretty simple and seems to be universally accepted as the most obvious place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads