1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

@DanIsThe - everything seems to fit well, but you desperately need some sneakers with that fit. The shoes you have on are much too formal for jeans and a t-shirt.

1 person likes this.
  2. cxbxw

cxbxw Well-Known Member

Sorry to intrude on everybody's fucking circle-jerk but could I get some fucking feedback on my pictures please?

3. Maybe try again in another hour or another seven posts, whichever one comes first.

22 people like this.
  4. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

your laces are too long on both and look stupid

your gloves are ugly and look cheap, and if it's cold enough for gloves you probably should be wearing a jacket warmer than that one.

same goes for that stupid fur trapper hat, which should go in the garbage.

oh yeah, your jacket has too many dumb wooden buttons all over it

don't wear your sweater above your belt like

your jeans look pretty good and fit really well

nobody owes you any feedback, especially not after only an hour of posting it. most people that post here regularly probably won't even see it for another 4-24 hours.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    37 people like this.
  5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

you're wearing a crew tee under a v neck. apparently you own a trapper hat. what the fuck do you want from us.

21 people like this.
  6. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

Are you serious? We weren't even on another fucking page yet

7. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

I do, but I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing and am obviously having trouble understanding. I think as some have mentioned, MC is probably more my thing - even then there are significant improvements needed. However it probably forms a more logical base.

Tucking, tailoring, lack of cuffing - I'm doing or in the process of doing all of these things. I almost feel like I need to wear more black, more cardigans, and more slouchy clothing to make progress in this SW&D.

What I am slowly realizing is that simply wearing denim/chinos doesn't quality my fit as SW&D. This is mostly because my fit almost always involves a button down - and a button down which is normally worn more formally (business casual).

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

most of my fits in sw&d include denim, chinos, blazers, etc and never black and i get a fair amount of thumbs. saying you need those things to progress in sw&d is just a fucking cop out. look at svb and nobd. emulate them. get shoes that don't suck. stop posting 4 photos every time you post a fit.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol, at wearing more black to progress on this site.

10. That's really not how you should be approaching this situation.

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Jews run the world, brah.
    imgur.com/eGInc.gif

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

damn you gotta wear skirts to get thumbs up now? S&D got all avant garde now...

gonna be all duchamp and wear my underwear as a shirt now, hope I get lots of thumbs up here when i post the fit.

13. diniro

diniro Senior member

No one's pointing out the obvious that dude has a heavy torso skinny legs thing going so he's gonna look like shit more often than not wearing fitted clothing. That's why he has a hard time finding shirts that fit with proper lengths.

With the exception of NOBD, gdl, Tirailleur1, and a few fits here and there, that WAYWRN MC casual thread is a disaster. I doubt he'll progress taking advice from a bunch of old dudes wearing jeans hemmed like trousers with dress shoes.

1 person likes this.
  14. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

I hate to use lookbook as an example, but; http://lookbook.nu/user/9935-Stay-C/looks

This guy's style/fit is what I am trying to get to for weekends. Right or wrong to you guys, in my eyes this looks good.

http://lookbook.nu/look/4592107-February-16-2-13

And this for workday's as my business attire is still very casual.

http://lookbook.nu/look/4550525-February-5-2-13

Compared to what I did yesterday, some of the issues are clear, but I am still not sure why it seems to be so far off the mark still.

Clearly he is a skinny tall bugger and I am shorter, stockier and not as slim.

15. buran

buran Senior member

That guy has much slimmer build than you. Can you find something closer to your body type? Do you have the same body type as that guy but wider clothing and worse camera skills?

also that jacket is pretty short.

16. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Worse camera skills, yes.
    Shorter height, yes.
    Much larger build, yes.

I'm an L/40-42 up top and 33/32 waist. About 5'8 tall (or short).

17. GBear

GBear Senior member

The sportcoat in the second link is comically short.

18. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

That guy looks like another GQ clone. He has no "style". If you look through all his outfits, he does the same thing over and over, keeping it safe. When he tries to branch out and try different colours, his outfits look bad.

It's literally the same outfit 30 times over, with the same jeans, sport coat, and shoes, but with a different shirt and/or sweater. No one here really goes for that look, because it's too "easy", and it lacks personality, because it emulates little to no thought and fashion sense.
    I feel like a lot of people come here because they want to take things to the next level. GQ is seen as the pinnacle of style advice and dressing well, but once you look past the fact that the magazine just pushes whatever look the companies and sponsors who are paying the bills want, you realize that there's a whole other world out there.

But if you want to look like some J.Crew dad on your days off, then I don't know if you're going to find that sort of direction here.

19. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Just come to terms with the fact that it may take you a little while to get things right. The advice you get on the internet is unlikely to help with that, so you're better off just wearing your clothes and figuring it out yourself.

Don't worry about posting a fit until you're confident that they actually look different from all the other ones you've posted. I'm sure you're at least subconsciously aware that things are not quite there. You're not far off and you don't look terrible, so don't worry about it. You'll get there.

3 people like this.
  20. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

In the mean time I think you would benefit from broadening your horizons a touch. Try exposing yourself to more interesting design and ambitious fits.

It won't necessarily change your taste in clothes, but it will give you a better perspective and understanding of your clothes and how to wear them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.