1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

Reminds me of a dream I had a month or so ago. Had been internetless all week and when I finally reconnected to the vortex I checked all the usual sites. It was late at night and I fell asleep with SF on the screen and this happened:

I was in Boulder up on college hill wandering from frat party to frat party and then I see this house, really big, really nice compared to all the others though with a more subdued atmosphere. People are out on the porch drinking and smoking and they look kind of familiar and so I approach and I realize that it's all dudes from SW&D. Bows or someone calls down "Yo spacepope" and they drag me up the steps and throw me into this kind of subdued SW&D party in this giant east-coast style mansion. Mikey gives me a beer and I wander around in this daze until 4est grabs me and leads me around introducing me to everyone. Met Moo, Teger (the two got along surprisingly well), Casey and Drew who both shone with this surreal and terrifying Hindu-esque holy light and a whole bunch of other people (did shots with a very aggressive AFL?!) until there's this high pitched scream in the other room (the place shifted from opulent mansion to my friend's shithole apartment) and everybody rushes in to find Synthese on the floor, dead. Dream changes from surreal SW&D meetup to surreal SW&D murder-mystery. I declare myself detective and 4est as my assistant and we go around interrogating, checking alibis, etc. 4est was sure either Artishard or Mikey was the culprit, but the more I looked at the body the more I realized it wasn't Synthese at all, it was Zissou stuffed into Synth's clothes. I go around asking if anyone had seen Zissou and everyone said he had left right before they found Synth-Zissou's body.

So the question became why did Synth kill Zissou and steal his identity? Then I woke up

sorry guys

25 people like this.
  2. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

:eek:

:thumbs-up:

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  4. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

interestingly enough, this was the consensus pretty much in MC about that fit.

some really great fits this weekend, guys. well done.
    --

also, i could not imagine not using shampoo err day.

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I've gone back to shampooing every day too, can't deal with oily hair and my scalp gets very itchy if I don't.

7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

finally, some sanity in here!

8. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

Agreed; I tried it for a few months and ultimately just found it too oily to deal with. It just looked bad.

9. city of gentlem

city of gentlem New Member

10. diniro

diniro Senior member

I've posted this over in the sufu hair thread awhile back without anyone addressing it, regarding the no shampoo thing:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/living/hair-myths-o/index.html

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2010/07/23/joe-mercolas-shampoo-woo/

1 person likes this.
  11. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Think it helps to brush your hair regularly if you don't shampoo it to spread the oil around.

But I've gone back to shampooing ~3 times a week. Scalp gets itchy after 5 days or so.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Cheers - they're definitely grey and slightly darker than the photo suggests - I probably upped the contrast too much. Think the tone of an old galvanised nail.

Cheers - I will find a fit that works with these jeans! The boots are Trickers btw :)

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Wait until you reach 42 then you'll find you want to look like some of the younger guys :D

14. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

lol how do you transition from 4est to MoK in 5 years.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

one of the grossest sentences i've ever read

3 people like this.
  16. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

You know that feeling when you are giving a girl a hug but you're taller than her so your face kind of ends up all in her hair and it's super soft and it smells really good and you're really glad that it doesn't smell like 4 day old hair mixed with sweat and "natural oils"

18 people like this.
  17. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I am not an eloquent man. :D

Really though, the same idea as to why you need to brush your cat/dog's hair.

18. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

had to start shampooing regularly w/ head and shoulders because i had really bad dandruff :( makes me sad man, i enjoyed never shampooing and being that dirty kid who doesn't shower or wash his hair.

19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

That sucks. Distressed hair is pretty popular these days.

20. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

FL's fit looks a bit too feminine for me. Must be the combo of short sleeves on the blazer and the slutty tee. Not feeling it completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.