1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Today.

Acne
    Ksubi
    Grenson

Wore this shirt for the first time today and its a heavy cloth (being corduroy), so it looks a little boxy. Should soften a little with a few more wears and drape more. At least I hope so.

Also left the house with a bigger than ideal watch on so when it was getting a little cold, doing the cuff up didn't work resulting in a heavily stacked sleeve. Wore the sleeves rolled up for the most part though. No pics though. Regardless, the sleeves are a little too long but fit is perfect in the shoulders and body (common issue for me).

Fit is supposed to be a little more relaxed I think, so I wore these looser fitting jeans. My Acne Max's were slightly too slim for this relaxed fit shirt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry couldn't work out how to get the second image into a spoiler tag.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

This is the rare guy you see at a bar, and he enrages you with his presence without even exchanging words - you notice he is wearing a leather jacket, you're wearing a leather jacket. He's wearing some beat-up Levi's, you're also wearing beat-up Levi's. His boots seem nondescript and have no fancy decoration, your boots are the latest J. Crew, and you shined them up just for tonight. Yet.... you are fully aware that his clothes fit fucking perfectly and you'll never come close. You were spending the past 3 weeks talking to this girl you came with tonight, but not committing, so that you could keep your options open. Within 5 minutes, your girl is on the way back from the bathroom and in passing, strikes up a conversation with this guy about his style. They leave, and you pay their tab.

37 people like this.
  3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

elisix - shirt looks too big rather than stiff. Maybe a hot wash might shrink it a little...

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Sunday striptease...

Excited yet?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UU
    Oliver Spencer
    EPs
    Docs

Warmer than the Barbour & Lavenham quilted jackets I've got but not quite as warm as down. Room for a thick sweater which should make it comfortable sub-freezing.

15 people like this.
  5. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cotton jacket
    wool scarf
    wool sweater
    cotton henley
    aviator pants
    boots

28 people like this.
  6. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

If I may be so bold MOK i feel like there is not enough contrast between the shirt and the jeans. Like the jacket. I kinda want something that has a fur collar :nodding:

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

oops

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Damn, thanks Drew.

MOK, I have to say, I love what you've been putting together recently. The silhouettes are sharper, the colors are more agreeable, and I always get a kick out of your photographs. I would probably raid your coat closet if I could, and since I'm only about four hours north of you by train and it's supposed to be getting cold, I guess it's a possibility. Especially since we now know where you hang out. I think I agree with Ben about this one, though; a lighter denim shirt would go nicely, and a sweater would look good under the jacket (cream aran?).

CDH I like your pants (surprise surprise) and I like brown with olive green, but I think you should have gone with a brown sheepskin jacket. You know, if you have one lying around.

9. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Yeah I have a few lying around under my bed somewhere - lemme go grab one.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

you post the same stuff every time: too long buttondown cheap looking slim jeans some ugly shoes those are like the worst grensons ever :(

4 people like this.
  11. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  12. BillKillgore

BillKillgore Senior member

^^would benefit from a more aggressive taper imo, also judging from left boot in the second picture you don't seem to be really filling out these shoes.

1 person likes this.
  13. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

You are an astute man. I feel the same way on both those points. The boot issue doesn't bother me enough yet to get new boots, I have a pair in mind that I want. Waiting for the price to get where I want it. Lace up military boot style. They were fine when I got them but I guess the wear has widened them.

Was looking at these too. I am not very discerning when it comes to sidezips. All black SZ look about the same to me. So it pretty much comes down to $$/durability ratio.
    [​IMG]

As for the leather. Do you know any that have a good body taper but are not equally tight on the shoulder. These are 18.5 and itd be nice if they were 19 instead with a 17,5-18 waist. I'll TOJ it one day I am sure but right now the only new pic ups I want are yohji friendly spring items

14. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

This kid be jelly of ze swagthese

1 person likes this.
  15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

without knowing who you are i can confidently say you haven't been missed

6 people like this.
  16. jet

jet Senior member

I love how he didn't mention what his sn was lolwut.

17. is this nsfw

is this nsfw Well-Known Member

Where are the pants from?

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Fair point - I think there's more contrast in real life (the shirt's got a small dot print that helps) but lighter would be better.

Cheers - It started snowing minutes after I took the photos. I've got a lighterweight cream Inverallan cardigan that should work. Today was the coat's first outing and I wanted to judge how warm it was as it was.

Four hours on a good train service puts you within spitting distance of the sacred ground that is The Hawthorns, or are you more easterly?

19. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Synth dont feel bad about what this joker is saying, I actually blur my face in real life because I'm so ugly.

Edit: airport waywt

[​IMG]

No baller bag, sorry y'all.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.