• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Missoni/balenthiaga/clarks.  Been trying to figure out how to do the ugly sweater thing.

Something about this feels off. I think it's mostly the jeans, which don't look flattering. Perhaps it's the angle, but the lower leg looks too wide to stack like that; looks sloppy. Knit pattern is subdued for the brand, but because of the jeans, I get more of a middle age man trying to be trendy vibe from it. I'd probably ditch the tee underneath and opt for a tank/A-shirt if you must have something underneath.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
less monochrome, less clarks, more weird. pink jeans. white sneakers. word.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Missoni/balenthiaga/clarks.  Been trying to figure out how to do the ugly sweater thing.

I'm not sure I like that pattern, but with some trousers it might look nice. Those jeans are too matchy with the sweater in color. As played, the shoes need to be darker or greyer because you've got the drab faded thing going all the way down except the shoes.

edit- I know these are sold out but some kind of funky unis chinos like these oxblood would be cool with that IMO.

link

Last edited:

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WWM
our legacy
steve alan
vtg levis
cons
New shirt. Awesome-ugly or ugly-ugly? I swear to god I used to have a couch upholstered with this same material...The jacket/blazer is a recent purchase too, and while I like the material, I think its a bit on the short side.
Detail shots and close-ups below:

Gettoasty is that you?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is great.

smh

I'm not sure if TFK is being sarcastic, but I kinda thought dad jeans had re-entered SW&D. I see Patrik Ervell in washed out 80's Levis all the time, and I admit that I'm trying to emulate the way he wears them.

it's not that they're washed out... they just don't look good.

Curious_George

Reaction score
I think the jeans look fine. They're slim/tapered enough for me to not confuse them with the vast majority of dad's jeans. Of course, I also like Ervell in his washed out Levi's. It's more early 90s to me than it is "dad jeans".

apparition

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its the super washed out look, which is reminiscent of the 90's, gives it that "dad" look. If you took the same jean but in a dark, raw material, I don't think anyone would say anything about it.

someone get this guy some apcs.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "dad jeans" would have looked better if they had a little more length.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The wash alone isn't what makes dad jeans dad jeans, guys.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:puzzled: sarcasm detector... beep, beep.... beep

I'm not sure if TFK is being sarcastic, but I kinda thought dad jeans had re-entered SW&D. I see Patrik Ervell in washed out 80's Levis all the time, and I admit that I'm trying to emulate the way he wears them.

I'm pretty sure its the super washed out look, which is reminiscent of the 90's, gives it that "dad" look. If you took the same jean but in a dark, raw material, I don't think anyone would say anything about it.
someone get this guy some apcs.

went to like this comment, then realized hagg wrote it.

#moral crisis :(

ahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads