1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

cemented soles can be replaced...you just cement on another one. I get what you mean though. I'm just making the point that even on MC people revere things that aren't great value in terms of their quality:price ratio.

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

please to elaborate with trufax, proofs and explanations. thanks, bro. not contesting, just asking for info. are MMMMMMMMMMs goodyear welted, does that matter in your opinion?......

i only revere TEH BEST!!!!!

no, but in all seriousness, pretty much everything i have bought recently, has been up to par for me in terms of quality:price ratio. and not just what i may have payed, even at full retail (assuming one agrees the concept of full retail is ever justified. in many cases, i feel it is. but not in all cases).
    ---
    sidebar - SVB, excellent SNS usage.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  3. istasi

istasi Senior member

yo stitch you're doing that thing again where you make multiple posts in a row instead of one larger one (and this time both posts are even about the exact same thing)

edit: thx, now I just look dumb :eek:

1 person likes this.
  4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

nor sir.

also, in other parts of SF that is not so uncommon. ill be more mindful of it here tho.

edit - no p. that was kind of the idea. :devil:

:)

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

because the items work together and you're not a fucking idiot who assigns value solely on price?

6 people like this.
  6. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Most guys wear expensive or good-looking shit up top, but with crappy shoes. That kills it for me.

1 person likes this.
  7. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I assume you're familiar with the whole "gemming" fiasco and subsequent collective MC mindsplode?

It wouldn't have been such a big deal if we didn't have this erroneous idea that MC items are quality and value for money and are somehow completely isolated from fashion.

Regarding Goodyear Welting, it is essentially a type of cemented construction as the upper and welt are held to the insole by cement. Now obviously EGs are stil better made than shitty mall brand cemented shoes, but there are also some very well made cemented shoes that are at least equal if not better constructed than GY welted. For example, here's a quality cemented shoe. Of course, handwelted is undoubtedly the best construction method, but we don't and should not buy things purely from a construction standpoint.

There's almost no way you can justify clothing by price:quality ratio. I suggest you stop trying to. I've been down that road and it doesn't end well.

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

But I must has it no matter price, like small giraffe

1 person likes this.
  9. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

why is everyone on this forum so "fucking" rude? terrible manners

in reply to what ronnel said: i don't really think the brand matters, per se. but more the textile and pattern of the article of clothing going into an outfit. personally, i think elis's shoes look silly with the rest of the stuff : stiff pants, button-up with t-shirt (no hate towards you, dude - i hate khakis and lanvin sneakers on their own). so i agree on the matter that when something like those lavinz look really expensive, and the other stuff paired with them look cheap-er and from a different aesthetic, then they do look incongruous.

but to characterize the combination of certain brands that are $$$ and others that are 0.0$ as always incongruous or un-pairable, then i find that disingenuous, especially when you compare them with fast-fashion "houses" that have a massive repertoire of different aesthetics - meaning you can find something from those brands that looks ok with fancier shit.

i think it's a hallmark of good style for a person to be able to pair the cheap with the expensive and make it look good. it's just that most of the time, on this forum, at least, they are done with such disparate brands or with little thought that the combinations end up looking a bit off...

meh....i'm saying this even though i typically never cheap stuff, so what do i know...

11 people like this.
  10. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Or because you only bought the expensive shoes and accessories because you want people to recognize them as status symbols but you don't think it's worth putting any money into the rest of your clothes because you think no one else will know anyway and you don't care about the clothes themselves.

Sorry I'm with Ronnel on this one. I don't actually see what everyone's issue with the dude is

Elisix is more guilty of the shit that Ronnel is accused of than he is

edit: And everything Breezy said

2 people like this.
  11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

4 people like this.
  12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I like the idea to keep shoes and outer/knitwear belt and the rest can be average.

13. jet

jet Senior member

melo you mean like chicks with lv bags walking around with uggs?

1 person likes this.
  14. BreezyBirch

^werd.

why do so many of you think it's ok do act like a total dick to someone just because you think they are shitty people? i mean, it's like the most obvious form of irony - brad do you really go around calling people "fucking idiots" in the material world, based on snap-judgments gleaned from a superficial amount of information?

6 people like this.
  15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Toasty your fit would be improved by a proper pair of pants (read: not cropped).

2 people like this.
  16. jet

jet Senior member

well he didn't call him that directly but du's post was pretty dumb

17. BreezyBirch

lol that's epoc.

c'mon all not really look same amirite

edit: jet, yeah but i'm just speaking in general and using that particular bit of brad's comment as an example...there's been so many bitchfests lately in all the good threads it's getting annoying

1 person likes this.
  18. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I wish we could all be bros. :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  19. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

certain ppl here on styleforum think they have "advantage" so they can act like a boss and other suckers kill their ass.

20. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Is it actually him this time or is he still posting pictures of other people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.