• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by avery
really? i find that very surprising. can you show a more detailed photo of them?

+1. Looks like you bought some typical gaudy prefades and are now lying about them being 5 year old raw denim. lol.

surrender

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Starting food blog with all of my oriental friends today, so I ate like $100 of cheap food, bloated as hell. This is my 'workwear' though, hipster X fat bellied bastard status all day at work.

2wgrcb4.jpg

TOJ daypack
MMM jacket
AA hoody
Muji v neck tee
APC black stretch denim
MMM hitops
Sinn 356 Flieger I

Love the fit on those jeans. Are they Petite Standards or New Cures?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
they're called 'stretch denim' on the tag.. haha. I think they're from a couple years ago, I have two pairs. Riri zipper fly.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
ORLY? You dissed mine.

What do you want me to say? Black velcro mmm with all white outfit vs. beat white lace up mmm with sick leather and skinny apc's, one looks good, one looks bad. Yours wasn't the good one.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
they're called 'stretch denim' on the tag.. haha. I think they're from a couple years ago, I have two pairs. Riri zipper fly.

I have the same jeans. Measurements match up to the same tagged size PS almost verbatim. Raw PS just had one more inch of back rise and 3 more inches of inseam.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
rainy day, stepped out to go to the post office
dgrod4.jpg
4HM handknit Cowichan sweater APC oxford shirt APC NS RW 875

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the tuck and cuff kinda sucks

but daaaaaaaamn. that cowichan sweater is top on my list

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont think he was really trying to tuck (more like resting the cuffs on the tongue). Looks good Drew, the colors are very noice. Uncontrol asked me to post this picture of him
Cate%2BBlanchett.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't compare Cate Blanchett to Uncontrol, you just can't.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First WAYWT on this side of the forum. Hopefully I make the cut.

Spent the weekend down at Newport Beach. Made a stop at Huntington Beach on my way back to LA. It was a fantastic day.

swd_2.jpg
swd_3.jpg

swd_1.jpg

MTM Shirt
Wings + Horns
Visvim
The Flat Head
Converse

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice, impolyt! glad you're posting more fits. those apc's are unbelievable, probably the best pair i've seen, and should shut up all the &quot;real&quot; denim heads who keep hatin on apc.

MortyGras

Reaction score
impolyt_one, That is just great. Not a big fan of the overly large boots, but the sweater, the jeans and the colouration in general is amazing.

Suicmez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Armani Collezioni Cashmere Blazer
Zenga Cashmere Sweater
AJ Armani Jeans
Ferragamo Chukkas
Giorgio Armani Sunglasses
Silver Wire Bracelet (made by myself)

ClotheBlog001-2-1.jpg

ClotheBlog007-2-1.jpg

ClotheBlog004-2.jpg

Originally Posted by PaoloM
^ Can't help it, they were $30 in the Bloomingdales bargain barrel. They are raw denim, they are really much darker but there was a lot of light. I've had them for 5 years, they've gotten pretty worn.

I guess everyone's feeling really nice today

The jacket looks like crap with the jeans, the length on the sleeves isn't bad, but it looks too short in the body. The buttoning is a huge fail, you only unbuttoned the bottom one, making your top half look very awkward and shortened. Unbutton the bottom AND top button next time. That blazer just makes you look like you're trying too hard, and considering your age, really makes you look stupid. I thought you didn't want to draw attention to yourself for fear of getting *shudder* mugged.
eh.gif

Kent is right, the crewneck under the blazer looks dumb, just like you threw on the blazer over top but forget a proper shirt. It also shortens up your top half. Should have had a shirt and maybe a v-neck sweater/cardigan instead.

And as for the jeans, I think Connor basically called you on your bluff. What 12 year old goes to buy jeans that are raw, wears them for 5 years, and somehow they still fit him after he's grown more than 6 inches in height, and I dunno how many pounds/inches in the waist. Plus, what 12 year old KNOWS about raw denim? Your jeans have magically defied the trials of puberty, congratulations.
Seriously, I don't even think AJ has ever made a pair of raw denim. The jeans look ugly, your better bet would have been a pair of trousers or maybe (but probably not since your swagger arrow is stuck at zero) a pair of darker jeans.

I seriously don't get what your problem is. You post mismatched outfits of nothing but trashy designer pieces that in no way work together, then when the **** hits the fan, you just start lying and/or making excuses. If you're trying to dress older, start acting like it too.

^Benjamin, solid first post, and nice dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads