• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

there was that facebook post-your-doppleganger day some time back. every single persian girl on my facebook posted a pic of kardashian .................................

yo tell these persian girls that tween says what's up

I'll hook you up with that uniqlo proxy, gratis :D

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^ should I relay your message to the west coast ones or east coast ones ? maybe you can meet some of them when i arrive to say hello in person :)

hey bows -- don't look at my 3pixel pics :embar:

this scrunchy scarf is huge but can be wrapped around and looks minimal, so good and warm. 5 degrees outside so you know

wool/angora :: l&f
alpaca/merino :: leu
techno :: uniqlo
wool :: zamb
wool :: damir
reverseleater :: f+b
leather :: attachment

* amended so you don't worry bout the fit

Last edited:

Cacatfish

Reaction score

^ should I relay your message to the west coast ones or east coast ones ? maybe you can meet some of them when i arrive to say hello in person :)
hey bows -- don't look at my 3pixel pics :embar:
this scrunchy scarf is huge but can be wrapped around and looks minimal, so good and warm. 5 degrees outside so you know

wool/angora :: l&f
alpaca/merino :: leu
techno :: uniqlo
wool :: zamb
wool :: damir
reverseleater :: f+b
leather :: attachment
Im going to reply since there seems to be a lack of responses to your fits.
I would say two things: first, please take better pics, or even equally ****** pics with better lighting and perspective.
Second, I think that you would benefit from more structure in your outfits. I understand that you may be going for a loose-ish bedouin nomad look but I dont think it serves you. Maybe go for a crisp hem with a cuff, or a structured coat with shoulders or stiffer fabric. Maybe some more linearity in design (stripes, window pane etc). Your fits seem pretty sloppy to me and lack much real bite, which could be easily amended.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that girl looks like a mannequin

also, I find it funny he removed his twitter from his sig

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like the unfinished hem on shah, but those pants seem sort of lightweight compared to everything else? What i'm trying to say is i'm not sure if I like the looser cut combined with a longer cut with pants that flow in that way with a winter fit

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
tween -- spot on das why you my niqqa. i actually have longjohns underneath, this wool could be even summer weight it's so light ! i don;t have thick black pants for winter :freeze:

thanks for suggestions cacatfish, i won't implement anything of what you said since it's all pretty doap in person but it is what it is ... mostly just to show new hat and scarf :)

(was troll bait for bows to tell me about pic quality thanks for ruining my game !!!)

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow 41 thumbs up! :eek:

Thanks guys, and thanks for the kind words Tween :embar:.

With regards to the current conversation,

By noobs, i mean "people who still need to learn the ropes and ask a lot of "basic" questions.

+1

I think not enough effort is made by some new members to get answers to basic questions on their own. I lurked SF for a week or more before making my first post.

On a side note, I had never heard of J.Crew or APC before coming to this site :foo:

Saksen

Reaction score
Some of us newbies actually come here to get ripped a new one and hear the harsh truth. Most people won't tell you when a fit is off or boring (Probably because they can't tell), but that's not a problem here :p This is a good thing
2122.png

Last edited:

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That qlo puffer throws things off a bit, but understandable given the weather.

Finally getting some real wear on these boots..
cRxR9.jpg

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shah, puffer looks really outta place

I think the problem isn't so much your camera quality, it's that you tend to wear earthy clothing of similar shades/colors w/o much structure, so it all sorta blends together in a lo res photo. Hard to make distinctions at what I'm looking at

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^ this is actually wrong. but i've decided you don't need to know why you're wrong, just know that you are.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Most of the conflicts on this board come from the misperception that new users have that this is a self-help forum. It's not.

isn't it a self-help rather than get-help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads