• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She's hot, but I'm thinking she's your waitress. A pic of her in your apartment would change things

preferably topless, thanks

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you remember, ronnel said he likes to hang out at the Hollywood joints on Sunset Blvd; the scene there is generally pretty plastic and 'Hollywood-ish'. But many other places in LA are actually very chill and I like it a lot whenever I'm back down there: Silver Lake, Echo Park, Santa Monica, Century City, downtown, Westwood, La Brea etc etc.

Last edited:

Ben Cooper

Reaction score

well this is Ben Cooper's pic from his avatar. Sincerely interested in seeing the progression maybe 1 or 2 years down the line, that is if he decides to stick around.

I can't quite tell if that was a dig or not??

Ben Cooper

Reaction score

well this is Ben Cooper's pic from his avatar. Sincerely interested in seeing the progression maybe 1 or 2 years down the line, that is if he decides to stick around.

I can't quite tell if that was a dig or not?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I first came here, I got **** on so tough. Yep, asked stupid questions and made stupid threads that shitted up the system. But I was just shocked at how mean people were here, having never been a member of any kind of forum before. People have certainly become kinder and more receptive to me the longer I’ve spent here and with the knowledge I’ve gained. But the first few months were rough. I’ve tried to get a few close friends involved in SF because they have a budding interest in clothes, but they’re always turned off by how “asshole-ish” SF members can be.

I think there’s definitely a political culture in SF, and it’s pretty well founded upon in-group/out-group dynamics

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I first came here, I got **** on so tough. Yep, asked stupid questions and made stupid threads that shitted up the system. But I was just shocked at how mean people were here, having never been a member of any kind of forum before. People have certainly become kinder and more receptive to me the longer I’ve spent here and with the knowledge I’ve gained. But the first few months were rough. I’ve tried to get a few close friends involved in SF because they have a budding interest in clothes, but they’re always turned off by how “asshole-ish” SF members can be.
I think there’s definitely a political culture in SF, and it’s pretty well founded upon in-group/out-group dynamics

I thought that it was an in-group thing at first after getting shat on pretty bad but i think it's more of a content thing than that. Noob posters create the sort of content that doesn't add to the experience of the "regulars" on the forum, not because they're not regulars, but because nobody cares about helping you with a Jcrew/APC/Clarks fit, especially when stuff like that drowns out the CloakYohji/Junya/Raf/WWM kinda **** that's fun to see people wearing--which is really the appeal for this type of forum.

Some out of nowhere kid like l2ronnel could be posting some dope **** that's fun to look at even though he's not totally "in line" with the forum. "Regulars' can get away with lower-quality posts too, but only because its fun to follow the marvelous misadventures of RegisDB and his magical MargielaGap fits (no hate brah) rather than some rando internet mook.

That doesn't mean some members can't be catty-for-catty sake, but they apparently really needed to get laid so its understandable.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I thought that it was an in-group thing at first after getting shat on pretty bad but i think it's more of a content thing than that. Noob posters create the sort of content that doesn't add to the experience of the "regulars" on the forum, not because they're not regulars, but because nobody cares about helping you with a Jcrew/APC/Clarks fit, especially when stuff like that drowns out the CloakYohji/Junya/Raf/WWM kinda **** that's fun to see people wearing--which is really the appeal for this type of forum.
Some out of nowhere kid like l2ronnel could be posting some dope **** that's fun to look at even though he's not totally "in line" with the forum. "Regulars' can get away with lower-quality posts too, but only because its fun to follow the marvelous misadventures of RegisDB and his magical MargielaGap fits (no hate brah) rather than some rando internet mook.
That doesn't mean some members can't be catty-for-catty sake, but they apparently really needed to get laid so its understandable.

People please stop making the assumption that all new posters are clueless about clothes, or don't have more of an interest than "looking like that guy in the j crew ad but their clothes don't fit me like that so where can I get ones that do?"

I came here because I like clothes, I came here past jcrew/apc/clarks, and lots of other people have. Look at recent star Ivwri. he obviously likes clothes and knows whats going on and is looking for an outlet to discuss the clothes he likes, as well as share.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People please stop making the assumption that all new posters are clueless about clothes, or don't have more of an interest than "looking like that guy in the j crew ad but their clothes don't fit me like that so where can I get ones that do?"
I came here because I like clothes, I came here past jcrew/apc/clarks, and lots of other people have. Look at recent star Ivwri. he obviously likes clothes and knows whats going on and is looking for an outlet to discuss the clothes he likes, as well as share.

Right, successful posters with low post counts usually have cut their teeth elsewhere, on another clothing forum or have had some form of tutelage from someone in the know. It's not like one day you go from wearing tees and jeans to Yohji suits of your own accord.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess i should have been more clear: by noobs i don't mean "new posters"--l2ronnel and Ivwri are obviously creating the kind of content that is generally well recieved. By noobs, i mean "people who still need to learn the ropes and ask a lot of "basic" questions.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I refuse to believe any of this. I was never treated poorly (outside CE where I am kinda :fence: :nest: even tho I'm right anyway!!!) maybe ignored but that still happens anyway since I feel like I'm talking to myself most of the time because only sipang answers :paranoia:

-----------------------------

naija boy doing it big like west africa represent up in the hut knowatimsayin ??? 38 reps and counting

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Those glasses aren't doing you any favors, but nice kop on the kardashian knock off. Does she include all the accessories? ****** personality etc. I can see that it comes with pounds of makeup included

there was that facebook post-your-doppleganger day some time back. every single persian girl on my facebook posted a pic of kardashian .................................

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads