The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

^That a TOJ bomber?

Yes. It's the first bomber Drew had made and then modeled.

Beautiful homie.

Thanks x2.

one of the best bacon fits

[​IMG]

What no one has mentioned is how enviable the lanvins are. Don't dislike your other ones but like these ones more.

FWIW, I think sq's stacks look pretty decent... especially with the Lanvins under them.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

those sneaks are terrible kit and that pairing with the pants is even worse i liked the ruby patent ones they did awhile back
    You foolish homie

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

those sneaks are terrible kit and that pairing with the pants is even worse i liked the ruby patent ones they did awhile back
    Man, if i saw any of these chunky as hi-tops in a store i'd think they're all terrible. It really surprises me when one pair is said to be frikken cool, and another similar (to my eyes) pair is said to be terrible. Seems arbitrary. In the end though, there must be some science behind it because they look awesome in a lot of fits (e.g. Kelvin).

4. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Raf has done that leather fin sticking out over the vamp thing a few times lately, reminds me a bit of these boots.

http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!Bl1he-!BGk~...bQ+NQ~~_12.JPG

But yeah definitely with you on the silver being reasonably understated. Am a fan. Couldn't see myself wearing them though, which is probably why I like the blue astros. I was mulling some but am torn between 3 sneaks which would become my only sneaks, or if I should just hold off altogether. I think the Rafs might be too much for me.

http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!BpoZBH!!mk~...HsHWw~~_12.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!BW75H,gBWk~...hdDPD!~~_3.JPG

http://ilovefreshmusic.files.wordpre...op-sneaker.jpg

Cue Drew to say they're not backbone items... though the MMMs probably are.

This is also a should I / shouldn't I post but I have been mulling too many things lately and that thread is sick of me.

do you really need to think about this???

[​IMG]

christ man. come on. soooo sick. those things will go with pretty much everything! they are way more luxe than the mmm high tops with the crappy gum soles.

if you don't want those lanvins, share the link and ill insta-kop them so hard it will make jet's head spin around.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

I am very late getting in here but sg very enviable cops lately, the pink mmm/grey diors are excellent, lanvins are excellent. such a good spring look.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

sq's learning, gotta crawl before he can walk

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Don't you already have similar lanvins? http://lh4.ggpht.com/_85faL1pvsuQ/S8...0/IMG_0976.JPG

I am contemplating. Would be an outlay.

yeah they are the same chassis as my lows. the material of those you posted, however, is the same material used along my highs. that material is awesome. its soft and smooth like a goat's shaved ball sack.

[​IMG]

I am very late getting in here but sg very enviable cops lately, the pink mmm/grey diors are excellent, lanvins are excellent. such a good spring look.

thanks Dlester. DC has been so hot recently, light colors are necessary to reflect the heat

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

^ pm

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Guys - no troll or bs - what is the deal with the Lanvin sneakers' price? $700+ for high tops? I like the look of a few of them, but why are they that expensive?

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

cause that guy kenay west likes them, dawg

12. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

^ they are probably the highest quality sneaker you can find. the construction and materials are incredible. the insides are calf-skin leather. the soles are custom made for lanvin and ensure they are extremely difficult to replicate. when you walk, you can hear your footsteps; that's how solid the soles are. they are made in italy, come with dustbags, two pairs of high-quality/high-sheen laces. lots of the shoes are made with fancy metallic fabrics/materials. the ones with sequins and beads are attached by hand.

i wear mine almost every day. look at them. they still look brand new. when you wear lanvins you crush so hard the pavement winces when it sees you coming. thats how awesome they are.

you might pay a slight premium for the name Lanvin too. they are probably one of the most expensive designers you'll run into imo.

13. impolyt_one

JD, FWIW, I don't really consider high tops to be in the wardrobe staples category, though they do fit in for a lot of people, myself included. I just think white low tops of some sort to be most important.
    The MMM's are cool I guess, but high tops are kind of arbitrary to me; TBH I got them for the neck breaking factor mainly, they didn't sell them here (and don't sell the newer season ones either) but people know what they are, they'd be like $1000 in this country and I got them for $200 in their first season form, which was a pretty easy decision.

If I were to pick a 'staple' high, I might go for the new CP achilles highs with the channel quilt tops.

14. impolyt_one

^ they are probably the highest quality sneaker you can find. the construction and materials are incredible. the insides are calf-skin leather. the soles are custom made for lanvin and ensure they are extremely difficult to replicate. when you walk, you can hear your footsteps; that's how solid the soles are. they are made in italy, come with dustbags, two pairs of high-quality/high-sheen laces. lots of the shoes are made with fancy metallic fabrics/materials. the ones with sequins and beads are attached by hand.

i wear mine almost every day. look at them. they still look brand new. when you wear lanvins you crush so hard the pavement winces when it sees you coming. thats how awesome they are.

you might pay a slight premium for the name Lanvin too. they are probably one of the most expensive designers you'll run into imo.

man, sq4, I like your enthusiasm for clothes and shit, but you gotta take all of the above in humor. The made in Italy sneakers that all came from that same sole design (MMM, Raf, Balenciaga, Lanvin, CP, KVA, etc, etc) probably came out of a huge factory like Manifattura Fatturese, who churn those bitches at like $30/pair unit price max, and all of those shoes feature comparable materials/detailing level. It's why you see certain ones go on deep clearance, so that shops can collect back on line price, and they only pay like $100 for them sometimes, so the retail is more a function of how the brand needs to prop itself up, CP's are like half of what Lanvins cost.

15. snake

snake Senior member

do you really need to think about this???

[​IMG]

christ man. come on. soooo sick. those things will go with pretty much everything! they are way more luxe than the mmm high tops with the crappy gum soles.

if you don't want those lanvins, share the link and ill insta-kop them so hard it will make jet's head spin around.

JD Those look great, I'd get 'em if your still on the fence.

I want the Ann D hightops from this season but fuck the msrp is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.