• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few things here:

- A fit like this really calls for boots. You don't really want to wear dress shoes with leather/denim/western shirt.

- Untuck the shirt

- Either get rid of the undershirt, or wear a v-neck that hides the fact that you are wearing one.

- Not sure if it's just me, but I'm not a fan of all the detailing on the leather.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few things here:
- A fit like this really calls for boots. You don't really want to wear dress shoes with leather/denim/western shirt.
- Untuck the shirt
- Either get rid of the undershirt, or wear a v-neck that hides the fact that you are wearing one.
- Not sure if it's just me, but I'm not a fan of all the detailing on the leather.

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate your opinion.
A few thinks I would like to clarify though.

- The shoes are in fact boots; the Galway by edward green. It's just not all that visible from the pictures.
- The shirt is untucked. It's rather short in length, something I like as it doesn't peep out below my jacket.
- I respect your opinion regarding the t-shirt (which is a V-neck), but I don't have a problem wearing a t-shirt underneath a western or denim shirt.
- Regarding the jacket detailing; each to their own.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the colours are nice but i think the shirt is too short if thats how it looks untucked.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate your opinion.
A few thinks I would like to clarify though.
- The shoes are in fact boots; the Galway by edward green. It's just not all that visible from the pictures.
- The shirt is untucked. It's rather short in length, something I like as it doesn't peep out below my jacket.
- I respect your opinion regarding the t-shirt (which is a V-neck), but I don't have a problem wearing a t-shirt underneath a western or denim shirt.
- Regarding the jacket detailing; each to their own.

BTW, the sounds system looks pretty dope. What is it comprised of?

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the colours are nice but i think the shirt is too short if thats how it looks untucked.

This is without the jacket, it might give a better perspective of the shirts length. Though you might still find it too short.

BTW, the sounds system looks pretty dope. What is it comprised of?

Thanks.
I have a Pro-ject record player, a Cambridge Audio phono stage and a Plinius Amp. Digital source is an iMac through an Apogee Dac. My speakers are by Linn. I love good music but there is only so much I can afford on a student budget...

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dibango

Reaction score

photo1x.jpg

Am I missing something? This looks plain and the shoulder of the jacket is off. The break could be better, too.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am I missing something? This looks plain and the shoulder of the jacket is off. The break could be better, too.

i like the clean lines; shirt hem to the sole of the sneakers.

sexonfabric(i will call you SOF), how is COS stuff?

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the shirt's pattern detracts from the visual detail of the jacket's quilting and the shoes/boots' patina. The jeans look quite slubby as well, so you've already got quite a bit of interesting texture contrasts going on. Maybe try putting on a white vneck or a white buttondown with grey tapered trousers.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
photo1x.jpg

what's there to miss ? it's a minimalist outfit, supposed to be quite plain. would be better with more contrast maybe white top

Last edited:

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
COS is surprisingly good. Quality is several levels above H&M...on par with APC I'd say. At retail it's an good deal for the design and mid level quality...on sale it's unbeatable.

Actually not wearing a shirt at all...the jumper has a double collar and hem built in.

Last edited:

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys are nuts; the best part of this is the jacket and the boots. The rest of it could be burned, better jeans, more interesting shirt, yada yada, but the leather parts are done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads