• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
me too =\
shoe game 2012

going to donate/ take out of rotation those trousers in pics when i pickup some more and tailor the ones in closet. 100% cotton pants don't really drape as well and are tad too stiff to my liking.

ty for the comments

clark kent

Reaction score
good look toasty. i feel like some of your other fits would of benefited from being shot at that second angle.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

good look toasty. i feel like some of your other fits would of benefited from being shot at that second angle.

this, along with the inverted V formed in the fits pic with the open vest, make him look rather rotund. which isn't the case. camera angles can influence fits quite a bit. or you can do a video like sq's random walk / brownian motion one

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first photo was more to see whether the pants were hemmed properly.
if you read some of the MC posts, and are familiar with altering clothes, i am of the group of individuals with my right hip sitting higher than left.
it is hard to tell but the right inseam is about .25" longer than the left, so I took the front photo to see if they are the same length when worn. due to the pants being 100% and rather stiff, it is hard to tell that it has been hemmed proportionally.

mikey mentioned that i should hem the pants. i think today i wore them rather low. if i pulled them up it would look quite funny IMO worn with the shoes. i cannot pull off the mellow cropped look.

i constantly look down at the hem when walking. paranoia =\

on the contrary, when worn with some high boots, the pants would look much better with the hem/shorter inseam. the pair of zigzags are cut at about the ankle height.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree, please don't go for the cropped look.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
only because it's all so awkward :uhoh: i don't recall any fits with men brushing their teeth nearby let alone urinating in the background. one step away from fit pic in a terrorist attack / battle field ?

4 hr flight delay so i got them to send me to another city with a different airline ... useless 

edit: so you don't take it seriously, this fit is not serious.
(10)

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i need a nice scarf (0)

i don't have a heavy duty outerwear jacket atm so a scarf would really help with the cold.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snake, don't really like that jacket- reminds me of a lab coat, but in a bad way. I usually love your fits, this one is my least favorite :/

Shah, lookin' like Persian Bro #1, also in a bad way. I think it's the baggy pants with the white tee, looks unintentionally sloppy.

gettoasty, really like that last fit. Everything seems to be cut just right, and it's a nice balance of dress/casual. Need new shoes for sure, and keep doing that second camera angle.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Shah, lookin' like Persian Bro #1, also in a bad way. I think it's the baggy pants with the white tee, looks unintentionally sloppy..

listen, negative nancy, this is after hours and hours of sitting in an airport delayed and nothing else to do. i wasn't going to post as a fit pic (horrible angle being #1 reason, disheveled appearance also didn't help) ... it's one of those things so horrible you can't help but look at. i will employ the sarcasm meter so as to avoid further confusion

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

listen, negative nancy, this is after hours and hours of sitting in an airport delayed and nothing else to do. i wasn't going to post as a fit pic (horrible angle being #1 reason, disheveled appearance also didn't help) ... it's one of those things so horrible you can't help but look at. i will employ the sarcasm meter so as to avoid further confusion

My friend, twas but a single criticism! I usually like your fits very much, excepting the occasional decision to pair baller sneakers with bedouin desert gear...And c'mon, you know I'm the king of sloppy mirror posts, I was just jealous you were trying to compete for my title

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Last edited:

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ballsy move, shah! Would never dare do a waywt w/ people still using the facilities.

reedo- I actually like the lab coat look! There was a Jil lab coat for sale on sz awhile back that I almost copped.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of sloppy mirror pics...

Schneider
ToJ
Shirt (barely any vis)
Tanner Goods
APC
MOMA (no vis)

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of sloppy mirror pics...

Schneider
ToJ
Shirt (barely any vis)
Tanner Goods
APC
MOMA (no vis)

Change this look up a bit:

-hair slicked back
-white t-shirt
-tighter jeans with some holes in them
-chuck taylor highs

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Change this look up a bit:
-hair slicked back
-white t-shirt
-tighter jeans with some holes in them
-chuck taylor highs

Actually, got a white tee on and these jeans are pretty tight (APC PS)...

However, I wouldn't mind trying my hair slicked back all crazy like Synth does it...maybe for my next fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads