• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
photo-86.jpg

photo-85.jpg

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

musicguy: You seem like an all right chap elsewhere on SF, but it seems like you sporadically pop in to SW&D only to mention Uncontrol or tell someone they look homeless.

:inlove: hahaha thanks this is true. I should stay away from here.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures didn't turn out that great but here you go...

Dries Van Noten
Lanvin
Moncler
W&H
Edward Green

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
long day...
pants hemmed, a lot better than before. but the right leg needs .25" let out to match the left :fu:

/goodnight

alt:
you can kind of tell in the alt. that the right hem is tad shorter than left...which length looks better?

Last edited:

ghostdog123

Reaction score

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

long day...
you can kind of tell in the alt. that the right hem is tad shorter than left...which length looks better?

Right

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i would like to see an MoK/zissou meetup.

it would be like highlander

Could be highland malts.

I agreed with Jet's comments last time about needing more contrast between the pants and the jacket. I could go with obvious choice of navy pants, but i bought this shirt specifically to see if it could add the desired contrast into the fit. Does it work?

It looks better in close up. I think navy suede shoes would work better than calf. I'd probably wear a pair of spectators, but then I'm an old man ;)

Dries Van Noten
Lanvin
Moncler
W&H
Edward Green

Are those the KG/EG chelseas?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

long day...
pants hemmed, a lot better than before. but the right leg needs .25" let out to match the left :fu:
/goodnight
alt:

Toasty is the is one of the better posts I've seen from you in this thread. From some of your other pics I get the impression that, like myself, you may have a little bit of a belly. The belly tends to show up in many of your pics, but here the jacket covers it well. I think I'm starting to figure out that I should always have on a jacket that comes down mid-thigh. This maybe something you think about as well. That is, at least, until we complete Otter's boot camp and emerge with six-packs that we brandish like boy with his father's gun.

I just now realized that there are actually two bacon-centric posters. Turns out I <3 Bacon is not Baconzilla. This makes much more sense given the former's constant posting in the Health and Exercise Random Thoughts Thread (basically a weight lifting thread).

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dries Van Noten
Lanvin
Moncler
W&H
Edward Green

cool ******* jacket man.

I get the feeling that the shirt needs to be a bit better. needs either a higher collar or just a tshirt or something. You could probably say the same about my fit. i dunno i'm rambling, but i think the shirt is the weak point of the fit. maybe some type of floral thing since the rest is relatively subdued.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It looks better in close up. I think navy suede shoes would work better than calf. I'd probably wear a pair of spectators, but then I'm an old man ;)

actually spectators might be awesome. I hate loafers and generally hate spectators, but it definitely needs something a bit ****-offish.

tween i met a 50yo film director tonight whom i'd definitely bang. she liked my pants. she was wearing a leather jacket which might have been RO, and had long gray hair.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

actually spectators might be awesome. I hate loafers and generally hate spectators, but it definitely needs something a bit ****-offish.
tween i met a 50yo film director tonight whom i'd definitely bang. she liked my pants. she was wearing a leather jacket which might have been RO, and had long gray hair.

I'm not a big fan of loafers and can't stand tassle loaffers - I've got a pair of simple suede AS penny loafers I picked up cheap, and they don't get a great deal of wear, but seem to fit a linen suit well. I've got a pair of Church's spectators, again not worn much, but every so often they're fun in the summer if I need to dress up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads