The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roryben

roryben Senior member

These are great

2. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

That Fair Isle almost works. Take out the shade of pink and I'd approve completely. Still, though, it looks better than the majority of fair Isles I've seen.

3. APK

APK Senior member

ya, dude, pink is for teh gays. wut r u a fag?

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

That reedo fit is impeccable, boringwear done right to meet a girl's parents that a mall fit could never approach in terms of style and fit (unless you're blind in one eye and your other is made of glass).

5. miran

miran Senior member

Reedobandito...such a chorus of opinions about your fit, let's hear something directly from the horse's mouth:

1. Are you in a choir? Me too!!! What voice do you sing?!? Are you singing this Christmas? me too!!! :)

2. Did you meet your ladyfriend's family today for brunch? Or was this more misleading nonsense from the SF Iranian posse? If you did meet your ladyfriend's parents (read: father) for the first time...oh no...not like this. But behaviour is orders of magnitude more important than "fit"...and your behaviour needs work, Reedobandito....but before I go on, did you meet them? If not, moot point, moving on...

3. V-neck and fair isles do not go together, Reedobandito....you have been buying unwanted (or undesirable, rather) shit on sale again....you should limit your purchases to quality over quantity...if that means a few choice stylish pieces at full price, rather than a load of rubbish on sale that noone else wants...so be it...Fairisle means rollneck (turtleneck), or sometimes crew neck, that's it. full stop.

4. We have discussed the problems with your iphone lens optics before, and you seem not to have listened...

5. This fit is too tight...everything is too tight...was it because this was the only size available at the sale price?!? I don't understand this obsession with skin-tight fits...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Miran has to be a sock. Gots to.

7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks for the thumbs up guys. Also tcwalter07 makes me feel better about driving around for so long now :D.

Glad you think so :).

As for cheaper alternatives to Yohji, that's difficult for me to answer. No other designer as far as I know really makes clothes like him. I would say you could go the bespoke route if you know what you want, but I know not everyone has the time, inclination or even access to a good enough tailor and fabrics to do that.

If you're a size 3 (46-48) or size 2 I think it is not too difficult to find Yohji pieces off of sites like Y! Japan, Rakuten or eBay for relatively cheap and in good condition. This is probably your best bet methinks.

There are a few brands that have pieces that could mesh well with a Yohji wardrobe if you don't want to buy only Yohji, but they're also expensive (CdG, Paul Harnden, Issey Miyake, Frank Leder amongst others).

Hope that helped even a little bit.

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol, tcwalter get em

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

American Apparel Henley
    Brooks Brothers Madras Shorts
    Tanner Goods Saddle Belt
    Sebago Salmon Docksides

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  10. jet

jet Persian Bro

branespload

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

haahaaaa, oh mother of god

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  12. jet

jet Persian Bro

something me and lane can agree on sorry I was a bit harsh earlier little buddy

/kinder, gentler jet

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

No, it isn't!

14. miran

miran Senior member

Magnificent, my brother from one of my favourite (and coolest) countries in the whole wide world...Magnificent.
    Martin Margiela sneakers look perfect...fit is perfect...matching is perfect...colour matching is perfect....even the philosophy is perfect, as the creator intended...Martin Margiela must always sit side-by-side on the same body as Adidas...I like the overall Nordic freshness of it all too...

Magnificent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.