The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I think he did this on purpose ... he should pull the hem over the buckle.

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

This.

3. miran

miran Senior member

Ignore the haters, you look very good. Lose the tie and especially the tie clip...too gringo. You look like you're ready to cumbia...I said before and I say again, it's the boots and jeans...hope there will be cumbia there, nothing like cumbia to sow the seed. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

4. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Uncontrol is correct-I can pull the hem over the buckle if I'd like to. I decided not to because I don't want it to look like I'm wearing dress chelsea boots. This is meant to be casual.

You're right-I kind of do. Express is a cheap imitation of real fashion, meant to appeal to guys who think they are fashionable but who would consider a $150 pair of jeans expensive... I'm wearing much better than express (though not at the level of Hermes or Dior), so I'd like to think that I'm the real deal, not the Express imitation. Now, though, you've planted an idea that makes me cringe when I look at the photo. [​IMG]

Shirt fits me almost perfectly-why burn it?

Belt is too depraved to merit the expenditure of lighter fluid.

Right now I don't have a jacket that's casual enough. But I'll keep this in mind. Suggestions on type/label?

Uncontrol is correct-I can pull the hem over the buckle if I'd like to. I decided not to because I don't want it to look like I'm wearing dress chelsea boots. This is meant to be casual.

You're right-I kind of do. Express is a cheap imitation of real fashion, meant to appeal to guys who think they are fashionable but who would consider a $150 pair of jeans expensive... I'm wearing much better than express (though not at the level of Hermes or Dior), so I'd like to think that I'm the real deal, not the Express imitation. Now, though, you've planted an idea that makes me cringe when I look at the photo. [​IMG]

Shirt fits me almost perfectly-why burn it?

Belt is too depraved to merit the expenditure of lighter fluid.

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

First pic is much better than second. Dump the retro Springsteen denim vest acidwash whatever thingy.

Your jeans are hiked up too high Mr Urkel. Maybe it is just the camera angle?

6. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Thanks for the kind words. Most of my friends aren't stylish enough themselves to see the (subjective) flaws that other posters see, so this is probably still a safe bet.

I don't really like the tie and clip either, but I felt that I had to do something to look like I'm going to a party. The shirt, jeans, and boots by themselves would look like something I wear every day, because that is how I dress on a daily basis.

I need an unstructured casual blazer. Right now.

7. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Probably just the angle. Any lower, and I'd look like an Ed Hardy punk teenager. I don't have to show the world the label on my trunks-I wear expensive underwear for my benefit and confidence alone.

Point taken, though. I'll re-evaluate the rise on these jeans.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

If you want to "look like you're going to a party" then don't wear jeans, especially nudies that have that obnoxious stitching contrast and that large stitching on the pockets. also I meant what I said earlier, you should lurk more and post less

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Do you have any slim black jeans? Also, tie without jacket is horrible.

10. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I like those boots, I don't know if they need less skinny pants as much as a big ass coat to balance it out. But I have a strong bias for skinny pants.

11. miran

miran Senior member

CDHagg, realize that browsing through these threads is like touring an asylum in the 19th century (when asylum tours were popular entertainment). 99% of the comments are raving nutcases...but occasionally, you'll get a stray word of wisdom (which will haunt you and change your life). That said, for WAYWT that figure is 99.99%. For ex, the one that told you to burn everything has been posting in another thread about buying some Goth full-length black coat that 90s Nirvana concert potheads would wear!

If you want to get into the party spirit, wear a Santa Claus hat...and leave everything else as you are. You don't need a blazer. Also, ignore the bit about lurking and not posting.

12. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Because I have a paucity of posts? Because my sense of style is not as elevated or refined as the typical SF style sense?

I'm really not trying to disgruntle anyone. I can be very amicable-actually, I even desire to get along! So, what's your problem? Or rather, what's my problem?

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I just feel like I've seen the same fit of yours 4 times in the past 2 weeks. not meant to be offensive, I just think you could learn a lot form just looking around the forum some more

14. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Heh, thanks for the moral support. [​IMG]

You see, I live in extremely unfashionable, extremely large city with an extremely large amount of people, some of whom are extremely large, who have absolutely no sense of style. I joined SF to give myself a venue of interaction with people of differing, and hopefully better, opinions and tastes in style. I'm quite willing to listen to everyone's opinions, and consider the opinions earnestly, because style and fashion are extremely subjective. Ultimately, though, I have to make the decision of what clothing to buy and what clothing to put on every day. I appreciate everyone's criticisms, both negative and positive.

The one thing I don't appreciate are the jerks. I try very hard to be nice, even when I see a completely repulsive clothing ensemble and desire to spit and curse. Can't we be civilized, people?

15. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Actually I did post a picture with the same shirt/jeans a few days ago. This most recent post had a tie and tie clip, and thus sparked a good discusion.

But no, you haven't seen the same ensemble four times. (I will admit, though, that I'm wearing the heck out of those Nudies).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.