Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

This outfit sounds expensive but I cant see shit from that photo!!!

2. chaos

chaos Senior member

guess i didn't really express myself very well, i didn't mean to say TB isn't appropriate for the bar (no offense meant to anybody that took it this way), i'm saying reedo wanted a change of scene in his clothing for the bar. as synthese said, a leather jacket seemed to be the next logical transitioning piece for him. i think people should get off his back with respect to him wanting to switch up his aesthetic a little.

and mike868y why are you so hostile/satirical in all of your posts?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Haha I go away to do some hw and enjoy a nice dinner and BAM there's a 20 post discourse when I return

4. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

damn the leather had that effect already? did she notice you were taking pictures of yourself in the mirror?

5. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Just read through everyone's responses, and you're all correct in your own way.

I was certainly influenced by the SF collective more than I'm comfortable admitting, but the truth is that I've been looking to branch out for the better part of a year now. Look, I'm really new to this whole clothing thing (only really started getting into it a little over a year ago), so I'm still experimenting to see where I'm most comfortable. I feel very comfortable in that leather, but also in a blazer and button down. While I think it's cool to have a daily uniform that's almost a projection of one's character, I also know that I'm young and uneducated and willing to try new things.

The ToJ I bought was indeed a logical extension of my current wardrobe, considering it's both minimalist and blacked out, making it one of the dressier items ToJ produces. The fits I posted earlier obviously weren't serious (the first photo I wasn't wearing pants OR shoes), but I was just snapping a few quick photos mostly for the ToJ forum. I'll post a real fit at the end of the week, and style the leather with some other clothes I wear more regularly.

Can't say I anticipated such a strong response!

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

What is this about, anyways
    Post old fit pics and the leather pic for reference!!

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I've been wondering this, myself. It's almost as if you can't wear flannel and red wings one day and leather the next? :-/

8. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Yeah, the pic on the left looks way better, IMO. But I guess I like it when the fit has a more casual vibe. The fit on the rest is also pretty good! Deets on the boots?

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I walk around in flathead jeans, ll bean duck boots, and a patagonia fleece four days a week, then put on carpe boots, balmain jeans, and a rick leather for the weekends so i dont know!!

10. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Sure, but I cannot recall any of your leather fits giving off a Fonzie vibe.

Drew was saying SVB should get a TOJ leather. If that ever happens I predict the reaction will be similar to that of reedo's recent fit, but more pronounced.

11. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I bet if you improved the fit and unsettled look of your pants everyone would critize this a bit less. Just because you're wearing the closest fitting size of DRKSHDW jeans, it does not mean they are for you. For example, I gave up on trying to wear DRKSHDW myself since they rarely looked good on me. They are clearly designed for someone far more muscular than myself. After trying many different brands, I found Attachment jeans fit my body and style best and now I wear those mostly. Try on as many different things as possible in order to learn what works for you and do not assume wearing the closest fit in "good labels" is good enough.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

agree on the drkshdw, shit is always so loose on me cuz im not muscular whatsoever in the leg areas (or at all lol). You gotta try more shit on before you buy it on the net, spend some money to travel to some stores first instead. You obviously got the assets to do so.

or at least research fit way more before buying stuff.

Also, fuck..shut your bitch ass up mikey.

13. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Strange. Just to add to the confusion, my detroits fit super tight, especially knee down. 28s have around a 16cm hem. But you guys are right, with labels that expensive I wouldn't make purchases without figuring out sizing first. If that's not possible, at least make sure you get some accurate measurements. And if you're going for an oversized look, it needs to have balance. As of right now it just looks sloppy, like everything is a size too large.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

uh, it varies. I dont even know why, but the jeans all fit fucking different. The one im wearing in my latest fit pic is a size 31 and fits as tight as my julius size 1 denim.

15. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Yeah, well we all know how Rick sizing is I guess :fu:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.