The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

biggskipp the W+H ocbd isn't slim enough to tuck in - way too much fabric in the waist. honestly it's hard to find a shirt that's gonna look really good both untucked and tucked. dress shirts are usually slimmer in the waist and much longer.

2. aether

aether Senior member

the higher rise pants, when worn right above my waist, makes what appears to be my crotch sit lower. by making the perceived crotch lower it looks like my torso is longer and my legs are shorter.

the boots are Bally.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

so about slim fit dress shirts, how do you avoid the small ripples between buttons when worn tucked? is that a sign that the shirt is not slim enough in the waist?
    i find that it may not be the case and has more to do with how tight the waist of the pants are.

bows1: professional fit with that TOJ

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i think with reedo is he needs to stop taking his photos off of mirrors the mirror already messes up your portions. then you add in the camera and angle yea it starts to get bad.

also if you want a slim fit blazer it usually means you don't plan to layer i also learned this the hard way so now 2 blazers 1 is just a button up underneath the other layer whatever.

the w+h probably looks painted on because they are still brand new most likely.

5. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Yea, I didn't have the patience to take another shot. Not giving 110% I guess. Aldens gonna up my pimp game 1000% tho

And Sipang, Couldn't agree more ;)

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

what do you mean? if your buttons are pulling the shirt is too tight.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^not sideways pull. there is no pulling at all, but from the front and side POV, there is a slight bump usually near where the shirt meets the pants when tucked in. its like a slight roll as if the shirt is coming out, but then forms a slight fold.

e.g. the shirt tucked into pants is not "flat" but comes slightly out.

i've been meaning to take a photo...

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

i mean a shirt is never going to fit perfectly flat and wrinkle free...

9. APK

APK Senior member

This is the shit that will drive you insane. There is no "perfect" fit that is sustainable through the various things you do throughout a normal day.

10. Boognish

Boognish Well-Known Member

Lol, 2400 posts, and you find shirt tucking to be a mind boggling?

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

all these photos online has me fooled.
    yeah that shit bothers me like no other when in the office

i find myself in the restroom adjusting it (5)

edit:
    the red line :fu:
    [​IMG]

12. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

Do I see a puggle in 6?

13. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

One of my favorite posters. How much articles of clothing do you own?

14. miran

miran Senior member

Madonna! No. Please, no. Aldens? No, no, no. Already there is enough problem...no humungous boots now. It will be the final spark to totally blow the roof off with your fits. Skinny jeans...beanshoot tapers... and then crowning glory (or bottom glory, rather): giant mushrooms on feet? No no no.

Reedobandito, there are many problems, but we can ignore the hall of mirrors Alice-in-Wonderland M C Escher effect of your photos and the crazy iphone camera lens optics and still, there are many many problems. Let's solve one problem at a time. The biggest problem is you have too much going in a single fit. Colourful shirt, with bold pattern, under Chunky sweater...with pattern...but with a colour that clashes with the shirt...under Tweed blazer...with leather embellishments...with a totally new clashing colour....with fancy trousers...but with a different pattern...and a colour clashing with eveyrthing else....no. no. For you, Less is more...forget the Alden for now.

Incidentally, Alden is becoming all the rage in Europe, among the 0,001% that can afford them...

15. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

bows those pants are almost hendrix level....i think the colour throws it off. a rougher textured gray would look way nicer w/ the knit imho. MDR looks awesome.

reedo - there will come a day when you will regret having so much tightassed pants. you will but on an outfit - nice fitting stuff all around, then you look at your pants and will cringe :(. just wear stuff TTS and it will still be fitted, but not painted. having started and progressed your style seemingly entirely through sf (assumption) i see it transitioning through aesthetics a lot faster than it would "naturally". qed you are going to not like your stuff so much come next year :(.

nocamerafit:
    plokhov tanker pants
    sasquatfabrix pimp jacket/black cotton knitted tshirt
    mr hare black winter boots

why is it in a "professional" setting you arent allowed to wear jeans, but your middle aged female coworkers can dress like lesbian hikers (or i can wear pants w flapping straps) and nobody says anything? sursly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.