1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I'm sorry, but you completely misunderstood me. The actual post was just me wondering why there suddenly has been such a huge increase of new-comers, and then when that guy wrote something that according to him was almost like a "rule"(which is ridiculous since we're in SW&D and not MC), I decided to sneak in a really small insult, no harm intended

2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

This was looking fantastic until I got to the shoes.

2 people like this.
  3. Dennis M

Dennis M Member

Why do you need to have more than any number of posts to express an opinion? This is a forum isn't it. You can agree or disagree but to flame without adding any value just because you have more posts (with actual value or just ones like this) doesn't help anyone. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

4. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Because if you're new to this whole fashion game, it's very likely your opinion lacks perspective and insight.

It's super easy to tell when those things are missing, and without them your thoughts contribute nothing to the discussion.

In which case you're better off leaving those opinions of yours in your pocket

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    4 people like this.
  5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

You're not actually adding value in any of your posts though. A certain amount of forum understanding is required if your posts are to add value. Your posts have not demonstrated you understand what value-creating posts are, and your little hissy fit has only provided negative value to the forum.

Ergo, lurk moar

6. Dennis M

Dennis M Member

LOL. I see, so the # of posts and the join date on this forum definitively represents your experience in the fashion "game" online and offline.

7. kindofyoung

well, you don't really express your opinion as much as telling it "HOW IT IS"
    what you state as definite facts:
    - jackets too short (which may be true or may not, hard to tell from the photo)
    - the sides need to be tapered (you COULD, but it's not like they NEED it) for a modern look (I doubt you don't even understand what forum you are in)
    - young guys with mesomorphic builds should wear "athletic" cut jacket (1. it sounds like you're just throwing around words to impress and 2. this is just your opinion, and once again clearly you don't understand this thread, there isn't ONE right way to do things)

also, believe or not, amount of posts does count, you must be new to this forum-thing
    just lurk around for a month or so before posting again, and then perhaps you will understand this thread better

EDIT: ah both bam! and GN beat me to it

I generally take people more seriously if they have posted waywts.

1 person likes this.
  9. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

I think I've posted about it here before, but the shirt combo is Talking About the Abstraction. It's a tee with this removable...thing that is screen printed with patchwork madras. It's asymmetrical and sort of weird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. Bam!ChairDance

I love when a piece can best be described as a... thing

See also: SoCal's Raf Simons copper... thing from way back when

11. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

I bet sipang has a good collection of ...things.

rather, objet d'art

1 person likes this.
  12. kindofyoung

lurk more

13. APK

APK Senior member

No, he just needs to Xhale and calm down.

2 people like this.
  14. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

It has nothing to do with post count, just the quality of the fits, criticism, and advice. There are some fantastic posters with lower post counts who obviously know what they are talking about and consistently post inspiring fits (eg. Platypus), as well as members with high post counts who consistently post poor fits and add very little in the way of constructive criticism. But lackluster fits and comments will be criticized, hopefully for the sake of inspiring improvement, regardless of post count. If someone posts a poor or experimental fit they should expect criticism, again, regardless of post count.

7 people like this.
  15. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

I've been here for years and I still make shitty posts :teach:

16. jet

jet Senior member

Where the fuck all these new dus comin from?

17. Bam!ChairDance

and why are they all rushing to the waywt thread to regale us with their "knowledge?"

18. Teger

Teger Senior member

can we go back to talking about cars and nikes? today im wearing some frees, some nike running shorts and a 4 year old merona tshirt!!!! woo.

19. jet

jet Senior member

SS13 suede cps look fucking dope.

4est you gonna be around next weekend?

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

from owning both suede/leather cps the suede seems a lot less nice than the leather, and wears kind of rough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.