• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

3HRfch.jpg

ETbCJh.jpg

playing with different shape today...
damirdamirsilentdamiralden

(prob should swap out for black reverse f+b but just wanted to try the aldens on before i go to gym)

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OB7Jf.jpg

oZ7IG.jpg

dodgers
scarf
ll bean
wood wood
viberg
watson gloves

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MoK, the top + boots are really nice, but the cropped pants sort of look silly, sorry.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tween, did you just quote the Misfits in your "like" of Shah's fit?!

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shah I think you pretty consistently need something more interesting/longer on your tops (I mean under the knits/jackets, like flowing damir knit shirts instead of cotton silent ones). I also don't love what's going on where the pants meet the shoes. Why aren't those tucked into calf-high boots?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ehhhh

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Shah I think you pretty consistently need something more interesting/longer on your tops (I mean under the knits/jackets, like flowing damir knit shirts instead of cotton silent ones). I also don't love what's going on where the pants meet the shoes. Why aren't those tucked into calf-high boots?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

it's not a good fit, i was just experimenting to see how i liked each item individually but without thought of an outfit (i went to play soccer/gym and won't be wearing this to dinner now). you're right to not love, as damir with frayed hems + alden cordovans is a marsupialed combination. i would let them stack or tuck them into the slightly taller f+b i wore in an earlier fit. missed out on the bone augustas which could have been good for this purpose but in any case, there needs to be a bigger top to accommodate the voluminous trousers. ideally i'll get a yohji blazer to wear with the pants. but to do that someone has to help by picking up the lovely silent jenolan.....whoever has given a +thumb should be refunded by fok asap and i apologize, i was thinking out loud--silently, if you will

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gotcha. What's the cut like on those trousers (er, shape), and how much do they taper? Some of his pants look fantastico and I'm not sure I've seen all that many pictures of them being worn. I'd want some wool pants like my oversized jeans (massive thigh, tapers down to 7" or so), with maybe a little less room in the thigh region.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever Synthese posts a fit pic, I always catch myself thinking of ways to emulate it. But my plans always seem to inevitably come crashing down on me when I remember that I don't have the body of Adonis.

No ******* **** or anything, geez

Last edited:

netovargas90

Reaction score

haha, neither uhs nor thms. i go to basis tucson, its a charter school across the street from el con. it focuses on having its students take tons of AP courses and having super accelerated education. like, incoming freshmen take AP Calculus AB and AP Government, that kind of accelerated. the people there suck though, pretentious ***** and shut-in dweebs for the most part. you go the Loft often by chance?

No hate but I never got basis. It seemed like a bunch of jabronis that were forced to take super accelerated classes while exploring nothing else, also no sports? All I heard from basis kids was AP this and AP that.

You should check out a place called Roma Imports. Its this little italian import market store / restaurant by those furniture shops on park and broadway. Great food there, cool spot for lunch. Also sucks that AZ has no real retail anymore. Covet went out of business a year and a half ago and Tom just sold The Hub (in scottsdale) which has since turned into 90% GSTAR RAW and Diesel (they used to carry sugarcane, apc, nudie, kmw, cheapmonday, april77)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads