1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

no.. you are. if he is then so is the plethora of yohji disciples. :foo: :satisfied:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Some people are capable of spoilering photos when they quote them so that the community doesn't see the same photo over and over or get excited and think there might be an insightful post not just someone asking a question that could be answered by reading the quoted post.

I don't really like people using conditions that one can't change as a derogatory term, even when you're being facetious.. Call me PC, I don't care.

2 people like this.
  3. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

Agreed. Well said. Finally en route home... [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I wonder what the starfish tastes like.

1 person likes this.
  5. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

I heavily suspect it was for display purposes only. What is there to munch on?

6. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

i wonder how neo has time to pick out outfits. seriously. the dude has like 4 closets and hes always on the run :foo:

7. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

The same could be said about the millipede.

8. Eason

Eason Senior member

Was behind 2 #menswear types on the MTR today, both wearing sockless bucks, shorts, and button up shirts. never realized how fucking gross it looks. The whole #meanswear thing is big in Hong Kong with foreigners, you see so many old white guys with rolled raw selvedge jeans, bead bracelets and tailored shirts tucked in, double monks, etc.. It looks unforgivably tacky, for some reason, like I would be instantly turned-off from meeting that person.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i wear that same outfit at least twice a week, lol.

2 people like this.
  10. barims

barims Senior member

No matter what their Tumblr hags tell them, none of it's really on the sexy side of dressing

11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Parker I'm actually with Rambo on this one, I don't get it.

2 people like this.
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Just because a suit is 10" too big doesn't make it yohji. Brb going to mens wear house buying 2 for $150 suits for dat yohji aesthetic.

13. MaoDawg

MaoDawg Member

[​IMG]

?

5 people like this.
  14. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I want to see a pic from the front. parker has the uncanny power to make a lot of things look cool because he's parker

15. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Sorry, Parker, I'm going to go with fail on this one too. It just looks like a suit that's way too big for you, not an intentionally slouchy / loose fit.

It's not often we get to say 'that's bad' to you so I'm enjoying this rare occasion! [​IMG]

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hard to judge honestly without better shots. But the rolled pants cuffs are what makes the fit look intentional here. With a long break on the pants, there could be a doubt, but not styled this way IMO

4 people like this.
  17. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

agree with gdl. i'd also like to see the look from the front though. i think this could be cool if the shoulders are really soft (like almost jersey soft), but it doesn't look that way from what I can see. i'm not a fan of the oversized jacket unless it's really slouchy, even when Yohji does it. also, I think if we could see the tshirt it would emphasize how casual the fit is and that would help it make sense, but again you don't see that from the side.

18. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

yeah, I should have added that this was a cheap $20 experiment, and I wasn't really sure if it worked. yes, it's intentionally too big, mr. rambo... I think the proportions are still a little frumpy and the cut just too "American insurance salesman" to be cool (even in an Andy Warhol kinda way). I took the padding out of the shoulders so they are a little droopier and threw the whole thing in the washer & dryer. maybe if I did that a dozen more times it would get nice and rumply. as you all know I've been getting into Yohji's stuff and a lot of his jackets are intenionally boxy and big, but I totally agree you can't just take a normal-ass suit and size up. not only are there differences in materials and details, but also in the actual cutting of the pattern. it might sound obvious, but it gives me an appreciation for how the little things like the shape of a lapel or the front cutaway are so critical to the overall look. again, this was just an experiment. and fwiw, I still like vintage Brooks Brothers sack cut, but in my regular size.

here's the front view:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I think I like it actually (the way it's currently styled). Might help to give it a tad more shape in the waist

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Ah, thank you Mr. Parker. I figured you were going for something. You're normally too good a dresser to just walk out of the damn house in a 46L. I just couldn't figure out what the hell it was.

Would you retry the experiment with something like a D&G or Etro suit in a larger size? Slimmer cut so from the start to offset the larger sizing. I don't know what the Yohji aesthetic is so I don't know if that would defeat the purpose or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.