• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah but there is no way you are wearing topsiders while competitively sailing.
And if you really are I can't imagine they'd be the same ones you wear on the street

They are the same and they are glorious. They're 3-eye so they afford a lot more support than AOs. I believe Sperry only made them in this color for one season. I don't have a picture of them on land but here they are chillin' on the bow before a race.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MoK- I'm extremely envious of your backdrop. Sweet Jesus. FWIW, I have several APC shirts, a few of them "dress" variety, and I can't say any of them stand up to neckwear. Collars are way too thin.

Cheers - if I could be bothered to lug a tripod round there are plenty of decent backdrops round here - it's finding something of a reasonable height.

The collar is a bit thin for a tie, but the tie's a lightweight silk knit and I don't mind the look. The problem with the shirt is at the other end - the hem stitching came undone with two wears and now there's a tear in the fabric. I guess I've just been unlucky.

What's more, his outfits consistently complement those backdrops.

I do dress for my environment to a degree - if I lived in a more urban environment I'd probably dress differently.

SNS
Epaulet (barely vis)
APC
AE

shoes are very "MC does SW&D" but it's supposed to rain today and they have good traction. blow me.
Looks good. I think I prefer it unbuttoned though...

Looks good. I think I prefer it unbuttoned though...

For DL:  My first and only waywt shows it. I think it looks much better opened

Looks good but I'd prefer boots.
Yeah, it's fairly goddamn annoying. Knock that **** off, MoK.

Time to steal Unc's style? ;)

I'm calm. I'm normally a straight-leg chino, boat shoe wearing, yacht-club type so this stuff is a bit out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to develop a sleeker wardrobe. The jeans are too heavy for the shoes, I'm OK with that. I'm actually thrilled that the coat looks good
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
I think if I throw on some boots and possibly the hood for the coat I can wear that out in public!

Bootsand hemming would help a lot, but I think you'd be surprised how slim/tapered a jean you could wear. It might be worth having a look through the Jeans thread - we've got members in all shapes and sizes.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dont own a boat but ive always been told that you should go barefoot while youre on one

I do this every so often but never for a regatta. When the wind is cranking it can get pretty violent and a stubbed toe or something could very well land you in the water. I've been thinking about getting a pair of 5 fingers though.

miran

Reaction score

I do this every so often but never for a regatta. When the wind is cranking it can get pretty violent and a stubbed toe or something could very well land you in the water. I've been thinking about getting a pair of 5 fingers though.

I think it depends on the deck. On the dinghy/laser and gaff-rigged catboat used in regattas, the deck is made of some slippery ****, and Quoddy boat shoes are awesome.
If you are rigging a schooner with a varnished wooden deck though, barefoot is the way to go. Looks very cool too, with pants rolled up to knee level...looks very old school Venetian....

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah having climbed a variety of surfaces/conditions in five fingers... none of the models I own are particularly grippy (KSO, KSO Trek). Was outside of my expectations.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
reedo: Duffle looks fantastic. The black and grey versions are nice, but the camel was always the standout. Compliments your other stuff nicely.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

reedo: Duffle looks fantastic. The black and grey versions are nice, but the camel was always the standout. Compliments your other stuff nicely.

Thank you sir. I love this coat, the cut is literally perfect and the details/quality are superb. For the price I paid, I couldn't be happier. Won't be selling this anytime soon, and if you see me trying, e-slap the **** outta me

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Mellow. What are those pants? I'm looking for something like that.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Reedo you bandit -- i like your pic and didn't have to brekk my neck as much too look at it this time !

OwE2g.jpg

modular scarf when it gets chilly wrap it up
Q6fHX.jpg

will also start wearing these boots if i can get them topied so bit more traction in winter

some fabrics, as is the sz trend to list.
lets see...from top
wool/cotton
boiled polyester
mohair/alpaca
cotton
(whatever uniqlo heattech is)
wool
canvas/rubber | alternatively leather

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads