1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOP

FOP Active Member

If it's a light-weight material then... yes? (Is this a trap?)

1 person likes this.
  2. FOP

FOP Active Member

Also, sleeves can be rolled and buttons can be un-buttoned. Much more airy and versatile than a t-shirt IMO

1 person likes this.
  3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

eh, I'll take a shot at this... first off, the pants... they're an interesting piece so it's cool to see someone you know actually had the balls to buy and wear them. They're extreme anti fit, overly loose and large which is a shock from what we're used to doing 'round these parts. It conveys freedom, movement, etc but it's not accidentally a poorly fitted piece. So the pants are cool and interesting, but then he's gone and shown restraint with the rest of it by pairing it with just a simple white shirt, ie nothing to look at. The colors/patterns overall are simple and solid so you can focus on the fit and shape/movement instead of colors/patterns. The shirt also adds a new texture to the mix. Plus, being that the shirt fits very well, it signifies that the guy knows what a good slim modern fit it supposed ot look like and the pants are planned. That being said i think a looser shirt might have been better, and I'm not crazy about the footwear but teh color works.

shoes and pant color seems too similar. Otherwise interesting mix there

eh, I don't think it's that bad really, which in other words, I'm saying i actually like it. Plus I think the shirt's loose and linen so that make more sense. Needs one more little interesting detail/item IMO

1 person likes this.
  4. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

mike868y what shirt is that? :)

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I believe the man likes linen.

6. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Yeah, don't like it either. I think that if I want to fix this I'll have to get buttons sewn on.

brad-t, the shirt is linen, and very cooling (if you were thinking that it would be hot).

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Gardening is relaxing, and I think it's the hat and old asian woman vibe that gives the fit that quality

1 person likes this.
  8. ramp

ramp Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

[citation needed]

6 people like this.
  10. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

My summer uniform is a skin-tight leather jumpsuit. M.A.+, of course.

11. jet

jet Senior member

I hear leather breathes extremely well, why animals were able to survive in the middle of deserts all the way to the ice caps.

5 people like this.
  12. FOP

FOP Active Member

As an american, I prefer cotton.

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

baron wells. eaton i think? very cropped/slim fitting, but overall I like it.

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

The Americas are bigger than you think.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  15. Eason

Eason Senior member

this is so wrong

4 people like this.
  16. FOP

FOP Active Member

I identify as an American; Between the enchilada-eaters and the poutine-eaters. We consider Linen a novelty and wear cotton 24/7

Linen is a fascinating novelty. Personally, I prefer light-weight cotton cloth. YMMV

1 person likes this.
  17. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That's pretty much entirely incorrect - which deserves a round of applause. A layer of air between skin and clothes acts as insulator and brings down skin temperature significantly in hot climate. And as far as perspiration is concerned, it has cooling properties so it helps the cause.

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  18. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

The new guy who posted the bit about linen is, unfortunately, completely wrong. I have personal experience that says so, AND a source! [​IMG]

• Absorbency: Absorbency refers to the extent to which moisture can penetrate into a fiber. Another linen property is that the fiber absorbs moisture and dries more quickly. It is excellent for manufacturing towels and handkerchiefs.
    • Heat Conductivity: Heat conductivity refers to the extent to which heat can be conveyed through a fiber. Heat conductivity of linen is five times as high as that of wool and 19 times as that of silk. It is most suitable for use in summers, as the fiber allows the heat to escape, leaving a cool effect.Studies have shown that with linen clothes perspiration is 1.5 times less than when dressed in cotton clothes. It is twice less than when dressed in viscose clothes. Meanwhile in cold seasons linen is an ideal warmth-keeper.
    http://www.textilefurnishings.com/linen-properties.html

1 person likes this.
  19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

That's un-American!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. FOP

FOP Active Member

Guy, I was defending your fit/opinion. Also, Linen is nice. IMO linen is "cool" but I prefer, based on my own personal ANECDOTES, cotton. I personally prefer cotton over linen. Enjoy your linen.... I rarely wear mine.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.