1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Well I'm quite sure it's not water resistant and I don't know if the water will actually damage it, but I just HATE the feeling of soggy wool, as well as the smell. I want to really take care of this coat too, so I'm not gonna take any risks...

2. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Sounds like a good plan, I think I'm going to be pretty careful with mine as well.

3. reedobandito

Are you pleased with yours? This is one of the finest non-tech coats I've handled, everything is really solid

4. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

I really like the way it looks, but it fits me a bit strange in the waist area. I think I might be a bit too skinny for it. Arms fit great though. Here is a pic I have in another thread:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

It's just a fairly plain cane I got while in Lagos or maybe Port Harcourt from one of the carving places two years ago. I walked around with it through the airports because I thought it might break in the luggage got a few sideways looks while walking with it haha

6. miran

miran Senior member

But how is the fit? Is the shoulder seam at the right place?

7. reedobandito

Oh yea man I remember seeing those, pretty sure I encouraged you to keep it or sell it to me hahaha. I think it looks best opened, even on a less skinny guy like me (5'11", 157 lbs). Rock that shit hard this FW buddy :fistbump:

8. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

For sure dude, I'm definitely going to keep it :fistbump: Your right about keeping it opened though, which should certainly be doable through much of the PNW winter.

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I actually really like miran's sweater from what I can tell, I'm just not sure if I like it on him.

edit: shah do you follow me on twitter or are you person in the blanks in your comment? if it's the latter PM me...

10. miran

miran Senior member

Can you pin-point what it is that you don't like?

I really like it too....I think I'll get another one in the same line...but I am torn between getting it in charcoal (dark grey) or midnight (navy)

charcoal:
    [​IMG]

midnight:
    [​IMG]

does charcoal win?

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

regarding the workwear/american or w/e comments:
    this is the only thing closely resembling of it that i have left in my rotation.

last waywt as this is basically what i rotate between during the week and that was what posted yesterday:

censored out glasses as jet hates aviators (or thinks it looks dumb on most peeps) and pants pulled up too high :fu:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this is what i want to essentially wear:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nice fit tween, glad you tied the laces.
    nice fit synth, good choice on the shirt.
    nice jacket reedo, glad you got it.

12. tween_spirit

yeah charcoal wins (navy one is something you'd wear in a 5th grade school photo) but I just don't think i'd like to way you'd wear it, nor do I think it looks as good after seeing the better photo.

I could have seen like kelv wearing it in a cool way, but I was also under the impression from your first photo that it was just dark charcoal with the stripes making a grayscale gradient. In the new photo it looks like some purple and blue in there or something?

13. Brigden

Brigden Senior member

Shitty quickie cellphone photo, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

14. miran

miran Senior member

No no...the one I have on in that photo: That is Black (Colour 1)---with the stripes doing a greyscale gradient, from white to very dark grey...can't really see anything in that awful bathroom light...

Charcoal is Colour 2---dark grey with multicoloured stripes.

Midnight is Colour 3--Navy with multicoloured stripes, including red and white stripes....looks like something British Airways cabin crew would have on for Casual Friday flights...but I do like it, but I think charcoal looks better.

I have Colour 1, I want to also get Colour 2.

15. tween_spirit

Alright, I have bad comprehension tonight but I still say I like the sweater 1 the most, but that is outside of the context of wearing it with a white crewneck tee poking out of it. You just look like a dad dude (I hope you are) so embrace that and just be a chubby dad that wears sweaters. but don't get #3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.