Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aether

aether Senior member

circa 2008. lol

[​IMG]

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

a new take on Code Napoléon perhaps

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Clothes are also temporary. How many 5 y/o clothes do you own? 3 yrs old?

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

idk man. toj/tee/jeans/boots is basically the sf uniform right now so I'm kind of calling bs on this being your "personal style." I think someone like synth or snow have done a good job of building a wardrobe out of stuff that they enjoy, not that sf groupthink enjoys. a poorly fitting/ugly leather/jeans/boots fit (not saying yours is, just using it as an) can example) look just as bad as a bad americana fit. I just think the latter is done poorly way more often, especially by noobs.

also agree with teger's point about wearing your clothes. my wardrobe is fairly small right now and my shit is getting lots of battle scars and i like it that way.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    helmut og
    geller
    lanvin
    kva

wish the jacket still had the original fur... drew could i commission one from you :embar: it could be a restoration project :D

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i was wearing leather/jeans/boots before i came to SF. I swole'd out of it and became a vegetarian for some stupid reason, came to SF trying to break out of that mold, and decided I didn't like anything nearly as much. Even though SF told me that pleather was shit i kept wearing Yesstyle/UO/Uniqlo pleather jackets because fuck it i was too poor to afford a ToJ and liked it wayyy better than more "correct"options at my budget. And I felt totally comfortable dropping 7 bills on a ToJ once my budget constrains eased up 'cause I knew that was where I wanted to go.

Personally I could give half a shit if my personal style is "totally unique" or not because everybody who's not bleeding edge gonna be a copy of somebody else. Uniqueness isn't what i'm going for. "I'm going to fuck your girlfriend" is what i'm going for. (EDIT: in a totally consensual way, of course :foo:)

As for Synth and Snow, they have the skrilla to back that shit up. That's not to whom I'm addressing this.

IMO "ugly" and "poor fitting" is so ridiculously slewed by SF group think that people need to step back and realize that the marginal improvements of fiit as you go up the ladde rare totally secondary to the idea of what you like to wear/what works for you. I don't think pleather and mall brand necessitates either "ugly" or "ill-fitting," especially with tailoring, though I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

aiight, you get a pass then, haha.

point being...i (and other people on sf) would look awkward as fuck in a badass leather and boots because that's not me. i'm a little kid who makes corny jokes, parties too much, and spends too much time in the library.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah shah, i can topknot it but it looks bad on the sides because my hair is wavy. if it was straight im sure it would look a bit better. but i dont think the topknot is for me anyways..ill leave that for bekonzira and drew :slayer:

9. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

i dont think theres really anything wrong with falling into sort of a "groupthink uniform" ala gitman/apc/cp or toj/tee/jeans/boots, as long as its more of a starting point to finding your own personal style, rather than an endpoint. everyone has to start somewhere

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Is raw denim not cool anymore? I just bought a pair of petit standards last week!

Also, I don't understand the hate for SF uniform. Seriously. Don't give me that overexposure bullshit. Why can't the "uniform" be a personal style? Does everyone have to wear Schneider or Julius or Lanvin or White Mountaineering, because, somehow, that's the natural progression of style? That's a load of dingus talk, right there. Yes, it's easy and is often boring, but it's worn a lot here for a reason: it looks good.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Nah dude you're way behind, the new thing is being way too jacked to fit into PS's without sizing up 3.

12. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

What the fuck dude you sound like a rapist.

Wearing poor fitting shit (disregarding lack of choices/opportunity) kind of indicates that you don't know what looks good / works for you. Hendrix is a good example, maybe. Doesn't know what looks good on him (judging by fit pics) and has turrible taste. One follows from the other. IMO wearing shit that fits well is only reaching a really bare-bones level of skill in dressing yourself, and it sucks that most people don't even get that far. It's like learning scales for a musician, just the first step in a long process.

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Dude I can totally tell you've put on some mass

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Hey now, I stopped wearing desert boots months ago.

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

omg must watch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.