The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Thanks, kinda wish I could wear this everyday but think I would get strange looks at work after a while. :satisfied:

I was a bit worried myself before I got my TOJ moto since I had never owned a leather jacket before that but realized there was no need for concern once it had arrived. I don't use it that much but it's nice to have the option to do something else when you feel like it. Still need to get myself some nice side zips though.

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

You are describing SQ.

Who does actually do it pretty well, but seems like a complete churned out product of the internet. Which can be good sometimes, as some of his fits prove. (i mean, Lanvin, Margiela and Thom do occasionally make some nice things - and hey, who'da thunk Carpes actually work with Prorsum?)

The problem is when people think it makes them "more designer" than someone else. Kinda hilarious and sad at the same time.

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

:laugh: Same here. Several times as a kid.

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

[​IMG]

me:

geller
    geller
    geller
    jeans
    margiela

her:
    bless
    geller
    jeans
    [COLOR=FF00AA]~~autumn socks~~~[/COLOR]
    keds

[​IMG]

fall colors in Japan

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

here's my take on the whole situation:
    it seems odd to me that clark kent and others are saying that certain aesthetics are more "youthful" than others. I think because americana/heritage/workwear stuff is so much more accessible, it is done poorly far too often (yours truly), making it seem kind of boring. Whereas the designer/lux/dark stuff is more expensive, so those who do it generally do it well. But in all reality, how are a pair of rafstros any more "youthful" than tween's pair of goofy ass WM boots? Or how is a toj DR more youthful than a camo junya blazer? If you compare people who do the americana/heritage type look well (tween, scott) to people who do designer/luxe well (kelv, snake, nn) you can see they can both be interesting, "youthful" and aesthetically pleasing. As to why most noobs focus on one aesthetic, I think it's a funds thing. I would love to dress like tween or scott one day and then kelv the next, but I barely have the funds to put together 1 cohesive wardrobe right now, never mind 2 or 3.

I'm finding myself more and more attracted to EG and I think that when that look is done well is can be very interesting, very youthful, and fit my personality/background better than wearing toj/jeans/boots.

idk, that's my newb $0.02.

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

He's also very well lit with a great DP capturing amazing angles, and using the best of a ton of takes. He is wearing movie makeup and doesn't look that good in a simple henley in real life. He is however, pretty jacked which makes any clothes look better. Good luck

7. randomn1c

randomn1c Well-Known Member

First post here, is the self-shot-in-the-mirror-with-horrible-cameraphone bad etiquette?

[​IMG]

Jeans: N&F
    Boots: Levis

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

^You forgot the part where every piece of clothing he wears on camera probably has about $100-$1,000 worth of tailoring in it as well.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

well, ill be waiting then... :devil:

great stuff nicely. is that all your stuff on your friend there? (bless, geller)

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I think not enough emphasis is placed here on figuring out one's personal style and upgrading from there. Back in college I did the "post boring bizcas or workwear fits" thing for a while and looking back i looked fucking goofy and everybody here was giving me shit and I had no real idea why. Now i just stick to what I've always liked (Leather/tee/Denim/Boots) and maybe switch it up a little from there (AE PA's and OCBD's if i'm feeling classier, mmm sneakers and supreme hat if i'm feeling hypebeasty). Unlike before, I solidly know where I can to upgrade if/when I want to (better boots, better denim, maybe some designer print t's etc). And even more importantly, I like what I'm wearing.

This being an enthusiast forum, most people recommend you go high end, but thrift stores, Ebay, Gilt, H&M, Topman, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters All-Saints and Uniqlo can replicate most types of shit you see on here for not that much money. You think Ervell is the shit? Get some uniqlo shit tailored and see if that aesthetic works for you. You want to look like a trust-fund SZ virgin? All Saints and even H&M is quick to knock that shit off. American Eagle has essentially become budget J.Crew/Americana. Buy a pasticky fake leather from Urban or Express or something before investing in a ToJ. Junya or Techwear is a little tougher but if you're coming right out of the gate you shouldn't be fucking with that shit anyway.

Mid/Low tier brands (or low-tier in SF speak) can give you a sense how how a "looK" works with your body and personality. You can make more mistakes and it's not as big of a deal: That made in china shit will fall apart, yeah, but not before you figure out whether you like it or not.

Jumping head first into the deep end--especially if you're cash strapped--is the perfect way to make you look like a try-hard fool.

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you mean this site is filled with bunch of kids ? and i've been sharing pics of myself (as either a napoleonic dracula or coming-to-america) with urban youths this whole time ??

:paranoia:

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Funds would be huge. So is TIME. Clothes as a hobby or an ends to a mean, there is limited TIME.

Also, taste. My clothes fit my personality. Personality and taste does change over time, but no point in force feeding taste changes down my own throat.

13. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Ed Sheeran rocks

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

You're on that 19th century reference thing too? Very much into that right now....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.