The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

nope :( i swear to christ i put them in my little change bowl, but i just spent 20 minutes looking for them and they are totally gone. i even woke up my gf to ask if she's seen them (she was pissed)

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Jcrew isn't trendy here? Is that why the threads have multiplied and there's a new one for each season with 500 pages each? It's more trendy than white mountaineering and junya combined.

In every context dawg.

I love how you guys are letting teg brainwash you into thinking you can't wear hightops and such :lol:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

3. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

teger is a bitter old man at heart.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

i sometimes visualize him as a mad scientist

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

i spend most of my time sitting in my apartment watching tv and doing homework. very evil.

6. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

was gunna post bitter beer face commercial guy face but would anyone get it?

BITTERBEERFACE

7. Meis

Meis Senior member

Actually Jcrew really isn't trendy here... at least not anymore. I just looked and there's no jcrew thread on the first page (50 threads) and only 1 jcrew thread among the 100 most recent threads.

8. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I would be very worried for the self esteem of someone who dressed solely for WAYWT to get e-props and then changed into something else to leave the house. :lol:

As for the current conversation, I don't see anything inherently wrong with copying what is popular or trendy while trying to develop your own style. I would even say it was par for the course. Also, some trendy items are actually pretty awesome.

All I got from what Clark Kent said was that he felt both himself and the others he mentioned should experiment more with their dressing and try less conventional pieces and/or outfits "relative" to what they currently wear. I guess what they currently wear is "boring" because it is what he personally has gotten used to and sees on the people he considers his peers on the forum (and maybe irl?). Nothing wrong with that either.

Also Meis, this has probably being asked before, but who the heck is that in your avatar? :happy:

9. Meis

Meis Senior member

Yeah, I've gotten a few pm's about it...
    It's Shay Laren

10. miran

miran Senior member

yes yes...fascinating...you don't have to be so politico and make everyone happy with your response...

Let me cut to the chase: Are you Nigerian? Are you the son of a Nigerian oil billionaire? Do you have this shit delivered to your house at full-price where you try it on and if you like it, you wear it...and if you don't, you just throw it out? Are you on noblesse oblige terms with Watanabe and Visvim and whoever the hell else, these Japanese designers, that I don't understand...

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

dude, you should really learn some tact and social etiquette - it's pretty poor form to ask personal questions like that of a complete stranger on a public internet forum.... stuff like this is even more faux pas than otter/malakas threatening to show us cock shots. are you socially retarded or just don't care that you come off as a total wanker? do you not regularly socialize in groups or use internet forums? this is still a social situation here - people will probably take you more seriously if you took it so. just my two cents, though...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

The miran character is still evolving: note the dramatic shifts in his command of the English language from one day to the next. Just give it time.

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I recently watched the movie Drive, and I thought "damn, Gosling's threads are so simple" but at the same time he was very visually compelling. I think it has to do with the masculinity of his aesthetic, tapping into some more prime attitude and attire. I think that because I really need to be saving right now, it's not the best time for me to seriously branch out, but when I get back from London I'm really going to try and find a look that sets me apart (but not that far apart, my good Christian values won't let me stray too much). But I also really love dressier, more socially accepted threads as well, and I feel that they really have their place (especially since I need to become a professional in around 4 years time). Nevertheless, I do want to attempt to really embrace both aesthetics.

/rant

PS: not religious, actually agnostic. Also not awkward in real life, but a little awkward over the net

14. humeee

humeee Member

Your next-level trolling is really sucking me in. Many of your posts are transparently designed to flaunt your status; e.g. dropping (incorrect) information about the history of derivatives trading and off-handedly mentioning that you're a wealthy member of upper management. But then when someone has stuff nicer and more expensive than potato sack Smedley polos you insinuate that he's likely a trust fund baby. Maybe you should just ration your polo purchases and save up for some Yohji. I recommend you get a piggy bank.

I really miss the Malakas photoshops. Those were the glory days of waywt.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

just going to requote myself...thanks for reading!

great discussion!

I am sure some of you guys who work get to wear more inspiring wardrobes (Ivwri). But being broke and working in finance, I personally choose to stick to the more conservative side (what other choices are there?).
    The only poster who I can think of off the top of my head who has a bit of leeway is tween_spirit. He dresses pretty awesome IMO, and it is pretty out of the box in terms of work attire.
    That being said, not a lot of people share what they do on SW&D (or that I remember), so it is a bit hard to measure "waywt" posts in respect to what they might be doing at the time (work, etc.)

Seems like a lot of uni students here as well so it is all over the place. great. experiment now as much as you can. but be ready to have that 1 suit + accessories for a interview/job before you graduate.

thanks clark kent for starting this discussion. something to revisit later down the road. and fwiw, I choose to stay within the boundaries of what is acceptable and unacceptable at the office.
    toj+jeans+mmm would be awesome...but i'd probably only wear that to kick it with friends/nights out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.