• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

l1mab3an

Reaction score
In the middle of placing my order for a toj bomber.. looks real good ^

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
notwithit, gotta echo the dislike on the boots. Up close, super feminine. Doesn't jive with your otherwise masculine style. I'd swap out the purple shirt for something lighter too, looks like a "going out" shirt (JS style)

Blazer looks good

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
e0d9n0b5's zyzz responses to miran make miran posts worthwhile.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ In the face, lol.
yaXxp.jpg

Day off today.
TOJ/Gant MB/Levi's/Dayton

Does that leather tumor near the zipper have a purpose, other than to ruin the clean lines that would ordinarily draw in the eye? Never understood that.

Islander

Reaction score
Purpose is to achieve pure ******* awesomeness. Same goes for the suede patch, which is probably also causing you discomfort.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anVw3.jpg

No, the patch doesn't break up the clean lines or ruin the look the way the leather growth does. Just wondering if served some utilitarian purpose, is all.

esswhykay

Reaction score
It's called a windflap and it helps keep cold air from entering through the teeth of the zippers when closed.

Islander

Reaction score
That could be right but honestly I don't know. The zipper opens into an "arm office" pocket which does not really need to be windproof. It does serve a utilitarian purpose though... I carry RFID entry cards and some cash. I'm sure pilots use it for something more important. Drew would know.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
youre talking about two diff things.
noobizor was asking about the placket behind the main zip.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have you ever considered contacts? I think you'd look a lot better w/o glasses.

Not really. Never tried them actually. I've just got so used to wearing glasses that it doesn't bother me at all, so I never get the feeling that I should start wearing contacts. I think I could get some frames that fit my face better. I remember when I bought these that I tried on a pair which were round, and only had frames on the tophalf. I think they looked pretty good on me, but for some reason I was too scared to pick them.

anyone ever tell you that you kind of look like Kevin Bacon in the face?

Well, on this forum, yes. Anywhere else, no.

Last edited:

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted those F+B boots but was never able to find them on sale. Same with the MMM side-zips.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, you should have seen it if I wasn't doing the trick of putting it close to the camera....smallest rockfish I've ever caught.

had a few keepers though!

8cbf820b.jpg

(friend photoed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads