The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ive always aspired to this status. seriously tho, i read that gaddafi was one of the best dressed dictators, along side kim jong il (0)

move over notwithit :laugh:

also, its impressive that miran pin pointed the inner farmer in me. not much for cultivating the land but my relatives are from the south of italy

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

2. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

wow snowman, you really do look like Qaddafi, damn. (2)

4. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

I know it's October, but we're having a student party with a summer theme, so I needed to figure out a bit of a summery look (but can't wear shorts, I'm gonna have to be able to walk outside, too). Obviously will be wearing a jacket of some sort when outside too.

[​IMG]

Also surprised how well this drink came together considering I just threw in what I had in my closet. :D

5. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

lose the socks and i think it would look better. maybe some different footwear too. looks good though.

6. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Yeah, I immediately thought you were Italian when you first started posting fits. But then again, so am I, so my radar is pretty good for spotting other amici.

7. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

In the summer when wearing these shoes I go sockless, but I figured I'd throw in these ankle socks as it's not summer and my feet have a tendency of getting cold.

I agree the shoes may not be the best option, but they felt most appropriate of mine for a summer theme. What kind of shoes would you suggest?

8. miran

miran Senior member

Snowman, I apologize for calling you a dork. I am sure you're a nice guy in real life. But I will not drop to my knees and kiss your hand on this thread like the other inmates. I will critique your threads.
    I didn't compare you or your clothes to Gaddafi, no. In some of the praise, they said that Snowman had his own unique style that he rocks so well. I made the comparison that Snowman has his own style, like Gaddafi has his own style. What Gaddafi is wearing is not Libyan clothes, or Berber (north african) clothes, or even Arab clothes. They are the unique, self-invented style of a madman. He looks like an idiot. Just coz its his unique style don't mean it looks good. That's all I meant to compare. You are a lot better looking than Gaddafi. I just guessed you were Italian, there was nothing specifically Italian about you. My father's sister is married to an Italian, originally napolitano but they live in Palermo now. I have visited them often. Italians are a beautiful people who worship at the altar of fashion and looking good. It's the only country where my family tells me to go out of my way to make sure I look good...out of respect for my surroundings!

How dare you suggest I am middle managment -- If anything, I am upper management...if not uppermost management. Kindly show some respect, as befits my status ABOVE YOU in your America.

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'd like to think that there's plenty of man-crush to go around. :satisfied:

For the record, I tucked in the pocket square a bit more after seeing the picture. Also, I'm thinking about swapping out the shirt for a blue-and-white diamond pattern one that I've posted before.

[​IMG]

Shoe details (same as in my last fit):

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Looks good, man. The jeans are killer. I'm counting down till the fighting begins over whether the blazer is too cropped.

11. aether

aether Senior member

exactly this. This is why sometimes I feel that I really need to be vocal and express an alternate opinion, despite the negativity I get. I know there are a lot of lurkers on this board who are coming here for style knowledge, and I feel that the board should provide a more well-rounded view of personal style. The interests of this board can get really polarized sometimes, and people get sucked into hype-holes (read like blackholes).

For example, the board consensus is that polos suck and basically have no place in a well-dressed man's wardrobe. WELL, I THINK THIS IS WRONG and i feel people should know that the board majority isn't always necessarily "right". Polos look great on the correct body type and are suitable for a lot of situations.

Take everything you hear on SF with a grain of salt and you'll be OK.

12. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

really weird proportions. probably because i was standing with my legs bowed and the shirt is really tight in the waist.

[​IMG]

gitman x OC
    pbj
    dayton

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

have you ever considered contacts? I think you'd look a lot better w/o glasses.

14. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

something more rounded and slimmer. i'm at a loss at what to suggest though haha.

15. Bilzario

Bilzario Active Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.