The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

WillyCheeseSteak roof?
    [​IMG]

Re: Bacon's fit... anyone remember when the cost of WAYW entry was a simple AA T, APC NS's, and Chucks?

2. aether

aether Senior member

buy me (see signature)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

3. miran

miran Senior member

I don't just wear polos. Today I wore a John Smedley Sea island cotton "Marshall" pullover, Jockey white t-shirt, Levis 501s, Church's "Pembury" loafers in brown, argyle socks by Pantherella...

I don't get (4) means...or what "saturated" means in (5)...

I drank a glass of milk for breakfast....swept the house and mopped it to get some exercise....walked 15 minutes from the parking lot to the building....ate Fried fillet of mutton snapper with a huge side of Nasi Goreng for lunch....1 cup espresso....1 cup Nescafé....1 stein of Tropicana after lunch...another stein of Tropicana now....

For Step 6., I made 6.1% profit today when the market moved up by 2.1%....so definitely good overall....yesterday was good also...Monday was a disaster.

This is imbecile...what the fuck does that even mean??!?!

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

no offense, but you're retarded

5. APK

APK Senior member

Looks like Fujiwara.

6. APK

APK Senior member

You're being too narrow-minded here. The fit is great because he's taken some interesting pieces and combined them in a cohesive manner. I don't like Creepers at all. This is the first time I've seen them incorporated into an outfit that didn't just not look silly, but also complimented the rest of the ensemble. The blue in the Creepers is a bold, yet not gaudy accent in an otherwise black and white outfit.

ToJ is hyped around here, but from an objective viewpoint, why shouldn't it be? Drew makes great wares with exceptional details and materials at a fraction of what you would pay elsewhere. Yet, there are a lot of examples here of ToJ jackets looking off, be it for fit reasons or an incongruity with the person wearing it. Bacon's varsity both fits well and adds to the clean look of the outfit as a whole.

I also don't agree with the "forced swagger" assessment. Second to poor fits, the main reason you see quite a few iffy user-submitted ToJ offerings is because the jacket in question clashes with other details of the person's appearance (i.e. IT guy haircut). That's not the case here. Bacon is using a few pieces that are currently "in" but one of the reasons it works is because those pieces compliment his appearance, namely the haircut.

7. aether

aether Senior member

that reminds me, i really can't get down with his topknot either. looks off for some reason.

and like I said, I have no problem with the hype around TOJ. I think it's deserved. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind owning a pair of those Prada creepers either. My beef is that a fit isn't "mind-fucking-blowing" just because it has these hyped pieces. I feel that the fit as a whole was eh. The pants look sorta sloppy and I feel that the shoes are too clunky for that hem size.

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

contraetherian

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

he jelly

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

time for an eye exam kent dawg

eason, may start fat camp tonight i'm gonna git u sucka

11. aether

aether Senior member

:lol: no worries, I'm just glad there are others besides me, like bubba, who thought the same thing.

12. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

bacon is consistently getting better and better

13. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

bubba is like a noob that walks into a store that sells diamonds and asks "why are all these shiny rocks so expensive? they look like the rocks in my yard."

he didn't agree with you. your similar viewpoints stem from two different forms of idiocy.

14. aether

aether Senior member

don't get me started on your tooly ass.

ya, and I'm the fuckin guy who walks into a Porche dealership and thinks, "eh, I rather drive my Skylark"

15. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

How can aether be jelly if hes human?

Btw thanks for the support guys. I knew the hype issue would be raised but I believe hype can only be a negative thing if followed thoughtlessly. If you can use it well then why not? I've got a lot more fits planned for the varsity. Atleast it wasnt another denim fit rite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.