• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

vxrBNl.jpg
d6qVfl.jpg
1htJL.jpg
/old aeglus roof

WillyCheeseSteak roof?

Re: Bacon's fit... anyone remember when the cost of WAYW entry was a simple AA T, APC NS's, and Chucks?

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buy me (see signature)
PA044162.jpg

Last edited:

miran

Reaction score

Otter Weight Loss Plan Details.
Step 1. Buy lots of authentic fake leather jackets as small as possible
Step 2. Stop wearing ugly ****** fit polo shirts
Step 3. Throw around some weights
Step 4. Instead of eating pizza/burgers/cake do lots of blow
Step 5 Post highly saturated fit pics
Step 6. Profit?

I don't just wear polos. Today I wore a John Smedley Sea island cotton "Marshall" pullover, Jockey white t-shirt, Levis 501s, Church's "Pembury" loafers in brown, argyle socks by Pantherella...

I don't get (4) means...or what "saturated" means in (5)...

I drank a glass of milk for breakfast....swept the house and mopped it to get some exercise....walked 15 minutes from the parking lot to the building....ate Fried fillet of mutton snapper with a huge side of Nasi Goreng for lunch....1 cup espresso....1 cup Nescafé....1 stein of Tropicana after lunch...another stein of Tropicana now....

For Step 6., I made 6.1% profit today when the market moved up by 2.1%....so definitely good overall....yesterday was good also...Monday was a disaster.

It's like my homie Derrida said, Every discourse, even a poetic or oracular sentence, carries with it a system of rules for producing analogous things and thus an outline of methodology.

This is imbecile...what the **** does that even mean??!?!

Last edited:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

it's "blowing away" people because it's supposed to be an "awesome fit" based solely on brands and hype factor of the peices. But any half-intelligent person knows that that it's not labels or trendy items that make a fit look good, but people on SF like to forget that.

no offense, but you're marsupialed

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dope brothersport!! hype for the win. good fit too lol.
whats the shirt? neil barrett?
did you kop that bless coat off buy and sell from edris? how warm is it? thanks :cheers:

Looks like Fujiwara.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's "blowing away" people because it's supposed to be an "awesome fit" based solely on brands and hype factor of the peices. But any half-intelligent person knows that that it's not labels or trendy items that make a fit look good, but people on SF like to forget that. Proper fit and a sense of personal style is what makes a fit good.
TOJ, hyped up
Prada creepers, hyped up
+J, hyped up
I agree with you bubba, I also don't think he is wearing it tremendously well either. for whatever reason, despite the cool pieces, it doesn't have me going "cool fit man". I sense too much 'forced' swagger.
dont get me wrong, I think the fit looks OK, but it's not "mind blowing" by any means

You're being too narrow-minded here. The fit is great because he's taken some interesting pieces and combined them in a cohesive manner. I don't like Creepers at all. This is the first time I've seen them incorporated into an outfit that didn't just not look silly, but also complimented the rest of the ensemble. The blue in the Creepers is a bold, yet not gaudy accent in an otherwise black and white outfit.

ToJ is hyped around here, but from an objective viewpoint, why shouldn't it be? Drew makes great wares with exceptional details and materials at a fraction of what you would pay elsewhere. Yet, there are a lot of examples here of ToJ jackets looking off, be it for fit reasons or an incongruity with the person wearing it. Bacon's varsity both fits well and adds to the clean look of the outfit as a whole.

I also don't agree with the "forced swagger" assessment. Second to poor fits, the main reason you see quite a few iffy user-submitted ToJ offerings is because the jacket in question clashes with other details of the person's appearance (i.e. IT guy haircut). That's not the case here. Bacon is using a few pieces that are currently "in" but one of the reasons it works is because those pieces compliment his appearance, namely the haircut.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that reminds me, i really can't get down with his topknot either. looks off for some reason.

and like I said, I have no problem with the hype around TOJ. I think it's deserved. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind owning a pair of those Prada creepers either. My beef is that a fit isn't "mind-*******-blowing" just because it has these hyped pieces. I feel that the fit as a whole was eh. The pants look sorta sloppy and I feel that the shoes are too clunky for that hem size.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
he jelly

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
time for an eye exam kent dawg

eason, may start fat camp tonight i'm gonna git u sucka

Last edited:

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lol: no worries, I'm just glad there are others besides me, like bubba, who thought the same thing.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score

:lol: no worries, I'm just glad there are others besides me, like bubba, who thought the same thing.

bubba is like a noob that walks into a store that sells diamonds and asks "why are all these shiny rocks so expensive? they look like the rocks in my yard."

he didn't agree with you. your similar viewpoints stem from two different forms of idiocy.

Last edited:

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't get me started on your tooly ass.

ya, and I'm the fuckin guy who walks into a Porche dealership and thinks, "eh, I rather drive my Skylark"

Last edited:

baconzilla

Reaction score
How can aether be jelly if hes human?

Btw thanks for the support guys. I knew the hype issue would be raised but I believe hype can only be a negative thing if followed thoughtlessly. If you can use it well then why not? I've got a lot more fits planned for the varsity. Atleast it wasnt another denim fit rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads