1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acecow

acecow Senior member

Yeah, I was talking about Bam. He's quite an annoying fucker. He'd make me want to smack him across the head in real life, except he'd never dare talk to me like that.

1 person likes this.
  2. kgfan5

kgfan5 Senior member

[​IMG]

21 people like this.
  3. APK

APK Senior member

Maybe you two have a history I never noticed, but this comment just makes it sound like you're picking up the internet badassery slack for the erstwhile mr. moo.

1 person likes this.
  4. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

^ I'm guessing uniqlo shirt, Dior jeans, and mmm gats, but you tell me, kgfan.

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

Nah, he's on my case even more than you are. I think he's gone as far as to wish me dead, which is a little ridiculous over a message board style argument if you ask me. But to each his own.

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

You must be confusing B!CD with someone else...he's posted a bunch of nice fits and gives good advice.

Xhale, those cropped pants would be way better with that outfit, probably go with a bunch of your other stuff, too.

Knucks, 2nd shirt fits you fine (although I hope there's something you can do with the collar so it doesn't stay like that). I think your main mission at this point might be to find some pants that don't have that kind of pocket flare (and, to a lesser extent, thigh flare). It might just involve going to a decent store (if there are any around you) and trying on a bunch of stuff, or playing mail order roulette until you find something that works.

7. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Quote:
    [​IMG]

My fave looks

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Knucks men like us will have pocket flair on anything outside of jawnz.

9. APK

APK Senior member

You seem like a fine guy, but this cracks me up.

3 people like this.
  10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

slanted pockets can help alleviate the "elephant ear" effect. on-seam pockets seem to flair no matter what. I think knucks could just yank those drawers down an inch or two to his natural hips and they'll look fine. he might need to go up a size or let out the waist a bit.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That shirt is cool thought Knucks. Never hear of the brand.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yeah I'd let out the waist if I could, but no extra fabric in em :/ I may give the epaulet trousers or chinos a go, but maybe I'm just doomed to Bills Khakis and repro denim with 8.5-9" leg opening. The Orvis khakis would fit me well, it seems, but I spoke to their customer service and was told the front rise is something like 9.75". I don't know if that can be

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Become friends with a good tailor? You're too jacked to fit into most things OTR. Epaulet could work if you sized up and had the waist taken in.

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

Another one. Quick shot.

[​IMG]

15. acecow

acecow Senior member

Much better, both the shirt and the pants. The pants need to be hemmed, though, they are too long right now. And I'd still like to see the shoulder seam higher. You have wide, slanted shoulders and the droopy shirt shoulder exaggerates that. Of course, it's very minor and probably not worth talking about.

The shoes are a disaster, though. You need sleeker-looking shoes in a different color. What you're wearing right now is a typical overweight middle-age american outfit, except that your stuff fits you well. Brown, elegant shoes would make this a million times better.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  16. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

lol knucks are you trolling, because I remember you from way back when and you definitely knew how to put together at least a passable outfit.

17. knucks

knucks Senior member

Those outfits probably did not include tucked in button-downs and/or the button-downs were covered with a vest or something:slayer:

And I probably did not weigh close to 200lbs then.

18. knucks

knucks Senior member

acecow, picture doesn't show the shoes well but those are White's SD boots..

19. rollingflip

rollingflip Member

What I wore to school today

[​IMG]

Would love some critiques and suggestions. Especially on the jeans. They are N&F skinny guys. I've slept in them once to stretch and only worn them the second time today. They are a lot more comfortable in the thighs but I would like them stretch a little bit more.

2 people like this.
  20. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

colors don't mesh well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.