1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Senior member

Just showin' off how awesome Thin Finn's cut is, goddamnnnnnn

Very natural pose, this is how I usually stand while I'm waiting for things to happen.

[​IMG]
    Found sweater on an empty subway car.
    Hanes
    Nudie Thin Finn
    CP

is this a low camera angle ?

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

I disagree. Mr. Rogers steezes all over this guy.

+1, Mr Rogers crushes that shit.

3. Listi

Listi Senior member

Why? And fairly low, probably around height of hips.

4. the shah

the shah Senior member

because your feet look gigantic compared to the rest of you like ski boots
    otherwise i like the simplicity (that sweater description sounds filthy but still looks fine)

5. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

Listi Thin finn fit looks great, and good choice on getting the hidden backpocket stitching. (or did you remove them?)

6. jet

jet Senior member

+1, Mr Rogers crushes that shit.

+2 @ CRUSHING

7. JackM

JackM Well-Known Member

because your feet look gigantic compared to the rest of you like ski boots

I had that exact same thought. Those are big to begin with, and the fact that they're white just makes it worse. Might be the camera angle though.

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

With slim pants that have such small openings, no tuck+cuff eases transition into footwear that has larger profile

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Listi Thin finn fit looks great, and good choice on getting the hidden backpocket stitching. (or did you remove them?)

I agree, I dislike the nudie stitching, but that cut is great, looks excellent with those sneakers

10. phildo

phildo Senior member

not really feeling the extreme contrast with the CPs, but then again I don't really 'get' that entire baller sneaker thread??

11. the shah

the shah Senior member

Just saying it reminds me of 13 year old trend clowns on the subway but if you like it by all means

12. Domenic

Domenic Member

Thanks for the beatdown guys; it was educational. Sounds like it's Goodwill for that acid-wash shirt, at least. Um, I feel a bit unwelcome here; would there be a better place for me to get "newbie friendly" daily critique? It seems like this thread is more of a "bros club" of guys showing off to each other, to be honest.

Worth mentioning that I'm in college, and at a tech school at that, so the standards aren't that high around here... but still, I'd like to improve. I feel like maybe the jeans are more acceptable in college, though? Or do they just suck?

Anyway, I'll attach what I'm wearing today, which hopefully is better... it's more or less my "default" outfit... but I'm still preparing to get slammed, I guess, given how harsh the wording was last time :-/. Or is it just rude of me to ask for advice without reading more newbie threads etc.? That was kind of the "unwelcome" vibe I was getting.
    [​IMG]

13. mondayc

mondayc Senior member

Just saying it reminds me of 13 year old trend clowns on the subway but if you like it by all means
    This. The CPs are great, but not with that outfit.

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

How about this... if you think they look too large, then it is just the camera angle. If you think they look good, then that is how they really look! Everybody wins!

Nudie, thankfully, opted for black back pocket stitching on these. They would have looked pretty trashy with orange stitching. The Thin Finn is a really good cut, the nicest I've seen from Nudie. They get too much hate here, they DO have a few good cuts.

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

^ for a sec i thought you were in kingsville outside of windsor but pretty much you're near ottawa / montreal right ?

16. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Thanks for the beatdown guys; it was educational. Sounds like it's Goodwill for that acid-wash shirt, at least. Um, I feel a bit unwelcome here; would there be a better place for me to get "newbie friendly" daily critique? It seems like this thread is more of a "bros club" of guys showing off to each other, to be honest.

Worth mentioning that I'm in college, and at a tech school at that, so the standards aren't that high around here... but still, I'd like to improve. I feel like maybe the jeans are more acceptable in college, though? Or do they just suck?

Anyway, I'll attach what I'm wearing today, which hopefully is better... it's more or less my "default" outfit... but I'm still preparing to get slammed, I guess, given how harsh the wording was last time :-/. Or is it just rude of me to ask for advice without reading more newbie threads etc.? That was kind of the "unwelcome" vibe I was getting.

this is actualyl a LOT better than that shit you posted before. you actually like you're dressed about as well as the average guy, if not a bit better, while that shirt-acid wash polo combo was really bad.

17. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

I'm going to say the jacket is too short on you.

18. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Why do all of your clothes have retarded t-rex length arms?

19. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

omg. i had thought he rolled up the sleeves or pushed them up in which case it wouldve been fine. if the sleeves are actually that length that ones for the dumpster too

20. saelan

saelan Senior member

[​IMG] vintage levis denim overshirt gitman hope chinos vanzzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.